Don't panic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't panic!

Just got a note that the hosting provider will be taking down the server for 'routine maintenance' at 5 pm CDT today, Thursday Aug. 22 2013. Downtime expected to be 10 minutes or less.

Also, depending on my levels of competence and ambition, I may attempt to upgrade the board's software on this coming Sunday morning, Aug. 25. We'll see . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Don't panic!

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Just got a note that the hosting provider will be taking down the server for 'routine maintenance' at 5 pm CDT today, Thursday Aug. 22 2013. Downtime expected to be 10 minutes or less.

Also, depending on my levels of competence and ambition, I may attempt to upgrade the board's software on this coming Sunday morning, Aug. 25. We'll see . . .
    mobile app freindly? tapatalk?

Comment

It's back. I think.

Apparently the "What's New" button is new and funky. No, I don't know what that means yet. I just work here.

There should now be mobile access via Forumrunner. No, I don't know what that means yet. I just work here.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It tells me to post this. I do what the machines tell me to.

This forum now supports Android and the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad natively with Forum Runner!

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is an Android/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App that allows you to browse this forum using a native client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner Feature List

• Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
        • Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
        • PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
        • Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
        • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
        • View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
        • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
        • Fully search-able forums!
        • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
        • Supports portrait AND landscape mode
        • Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
        • Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
        • Full support for private messages and private message folders
        • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!

Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:

iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:

Push notification updates while outside the app:

Image attachment browser from a thread:

Fully searchable forums:

Full forum browsing:

How can I get the Forum Runner iPhone Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click the link below:

Get Forum Runner from App Store

How can I get the Forum Runner Android Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click the link below:

Get Forum Runner from Google Market

Comment

Oh, cool <sarcasm>. The app is $1.99. You do what the machines tell you to do too, don't you? SPEND! BUY! CONSUME!

(Tapatalk, eh?)

Yeah . . . for a cool $600 a year, SDSUFans users could have a custom logo-ed version of Forum Runner at the Apple Store/App Market/whatever for "free." Yippee.

Comment

OK. Tapatalk may or may not be there. I need more coffee now.

Comment

Tapatalk appears to work. I must be getting old . . . one of my thoughts is "oh, great, another new interface to learn . . ."

Comment

Post from tapatalk. iPhone will need to learn how to spell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think I'm done playing with the board for a while. I wanted to get rid of the default logo, and re-introduce something like the school colors to the board (without going too overboard). With luck I haven't made anyone's eyes bleed too badly.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think I'm done playing with the board for a while. I wanted to get rid of the default logo, and re-introduce something like the school colors to the board (without going too overboard). With luck I haven't made anyone's eyes bleed too badly.
                    Thanks Filbert!
                    I was merely suggesting that it may be an option (because I knew it was free). But thanks so much for doing it!

Comment

I think the App android users will need to Download is actually called Convo its free and its a tapatalk client app.

Comment

Connected to tapatalk on my windows phone, so far so good!

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
                        Go State! Go State!

Comment

It's back. I think.

Apparently the "What's New" button is new and funky. No, I don't know what that means yet. I just work here.

There should now be mobile access via Forumrunner. No, I don't know what that means yet. I just work here.

Came across this about the "What's New" button. If you want to switch back, you can.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...nt-posts-again

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                            Came across this about the "What's New" button. If you want to switch back, you can.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...nt-posts-again
                            Yeah . . . I think seven straight hours today wrestling with vBulletin is pretty close to my limit . . . I suddenly recall why I retired from doing this stuff, and being out of practice didn't help. I'm whining now. Whine, whine.

But thanks. I may look into it, if I decide to ever look at the admincp again.

Where's muh beer?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm taking the board down for a while this morning Thursday Oct. 31 to apply a maintenance update.

Happy Halloween.

Comment

Working...
                              X