Whittier and Mondol Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier and Mondol Transfer

Not sure where they are going, but on Keloland.com Sumner states that they both are leaving. Don't blame them, both could probably start at many programs in FCS. Wish them both the best of luck.

The information is at the bottom of the article:

http://www.keloland.com/sports/newsd...1.cfm?Id=93963
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Re: Whittier and Mondol Transfer

Interesting. I saw that too but in the Argusleader article about Sumner there is no mention of them leaving.

Comment

Leaves us a bit short on the QB depth chart but it opens up 2 more scholarships. I wouldn't be surprised if SDSU signs another JUCO QB for a backup next year.

Next Year:
      SO Thomas O'Brien
      RFR Dustin Lotzler
      FR Austin Sumner

Comment

Unless Sumner proves in camp next August that he can beat out O'Brien, I would expect instead that O'Brien would start, Lotzer would back up and Sumner would redshirt (always with the possibility the redshirt could be pulled if necessary). Great news, however, and it shows that you don't always have to have "early" verbals to get good players.

Comment

Wish them both good luck wherever they decide to play,kind of expected it given our over abundance of players at the QB position.Still not too bad with O'brien,Lotzler and Sumner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
            Not sure where they are going, but on Keloland.com Sumner states that they both are leaving. Don't blame them, both could probably start at many programs in FCS. Wish them both the best of luck.

The information is at the bottom of the article:

http://www.keloland.com/sports/newsd...1.cfm?Id=93963

I'm not a Journalism guy by any means, but I find it a little odd that Keloland reported this based on Austin's comments and in this story rather than waiting until something was released by SDSU or Coach Stig or contacting Coach to ask him about the transfers specifically.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              I'm not a Journalism guy by any means, but I find it a little odd that Keloland reported this based on Austin's comments and in this story rather than waiting until something was released by SDSU or Coach Stig or contacting Coach to ask him about the transfers specifically.
              Yes, that's a problem. They should have confirmed the information with Whittier and Mondol before reporting it. Wow.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                Leaves us a bit short on the QB depth chart but it opens up 2 more scholarships. I wouldn't be surprised if SDSU signs another JUCO QB for a backup next year.

Next Year:
                SO Thomas O'Brien
                RFR Dustin Lotzler
                FR Austin Sumner
                Can always have Minett start throwing out of the "wildcat".
                Last edited by 1bunnies; 12-15-2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post

Next Year:
                  SO Thomas O'Brien
                  RFR Dustin Lotzler
                  FR Austin Sumner
                  Jeske could be the emergency QB if need be as well, sure we could do some option with him with the way he plays safety!
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Yes, that's a problem. They should have confirmed the information with Whittier and Mondol before reporting it. Wow.
                    Its easy being an armchair jurnalist(SP) like me, but this seems pretty obvious. The two rules i remember from high school paper was Always check sources and never spell names of people or places incorrect.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Jeske could be the emergency QB if need be as well, sure we could do some option with him with the way he plays safety!
                      You beat me too it. Jeske could be emergency but would hope it would never come to that.

I think this thread should be on hold to aviod the rumor mill untill any word becomes offical.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

And you also have a QB who switched to WR in Brad Iverson. I think we will be fine.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                          And you also have a QB who switched to WR in Brad Iverson. I think we will be fine.
                          I disagree. I am particularly worried about our backup quarterback situation now. We have one guy that has started 5 or 6 games. That's it. No other experience on the team. No offense towards either Jeske or Iverson, but I don't think the coaches are going to anticipate either of them stepping in at anytime. If this rumor is true we will definitely be in the market for a juco quarterback again this winter.

From what I heard from a source with the team, is that Whittier had a very high upside. He is a field general who knows the ins/outs of the offense and makes really good decisions quickly. His biggest liability last year keeping him off the field was his arm. (too inconsistent) I hope this rumor proves to be false, but if not.....I wish the best for both players in wherever they go.

Comment

I think we have to remember that unless it comes officially from a coach or school official, it's purely speculation. Saying "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy" isn't exactly reliable.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jack43 View Post
                              I disagree. I am particularly worried about our backup quarterback situation now. We have one guy that has started 5 or 6 games. That's it.
                              But the same could have been said for this past year as well. Ryan Crawford, only playing time he received previously was for one quarter in the NDSU game. Thomas O'Brien was a RFR with no game time experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X