Post game ISU vs. SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game ISU vs. SDSU

Let me start off by apologizing for 1 huge paragraph. My enter key is broken. Anyways, thoughts from pre-game atmosphere to the final snap. The tailgating was a lot better than I thought it would be! Since the game was on Thursday, I didn't expect many tailgaters to show up until 4 oclockish. I got to the lots around 12:30 and the lines to get in were growing. The students lots were full in about 1-1.5 hours. I also noticed a a lot of SDSU fans made there way down to tailgate. Your alumni tent was packed. I also had the pleasure of Meeting "Mango" who posts on this board. He tailgated right next to us in the student lot. Overall, the tailgating was pretty good, the pregame atmosphere was good, and the weather was awesome! Overall thoughts from the game include: Typical first game of the season. Both teams rusty and have a lot of work to do. ISU's offense needs a ton of work. ISU's defense was pretty good. SDSU's offense, I wasn't impressed with your QB. I thought he would be a little better, maybe it was the nerves or something. SDSU's defense, was decent. Kept us from getting any "big" plays off. (minus a couple) I can't really remember much of the game in "great" detail, because I was pretty drunk. I'm sure your team will pull itself together, they learned a lot from this game, and I wish them luck in the rest of their games! I hope all who came to Ames had a great time! I heard the announced attendance was 46,000+. That's more than I expected! I figured it would be somewhere in the low 40K. For those of you at the game, let me know of what you thought of the atmosphere and the game!

Re: Post game ISU vs. SDSU

Great pre-game, great crowd, great atmosphere.

Was my first BCS college football experience and thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't have any problems with ISU fans other than a little good natured ribbing, which is fully expected and enjoyed.

Dissapointed with how the Jacks performed and wish we'd have kept it closer but actually feel pretty good about the upcoming FCS schedule. Berry is a much better QB than he showed and I though both of our lines played very well.

Best of luck in the Big XII, I'll definitely be keeping a closer watch on your team now!

Comment

Random stats from game, since I'm on day 2 of a 5 day weekend, have the football bug, and have nothing better to do than ramble on message boards all afternoon...

3rd Down Conversions:
      ISU - 6-12
      SDSU - 6-14

Total Yards:
      ISU - 388
      SDSU 350

Yards/Play
      ISU - 6.4
      SDSU - 5.6

Time of Possession: (Note: ISU had the ball for 10:51 in 4th quarter)
      SDSU 30:33
      ISU 29:27

Sacks:
      ISU - 1 (-8 yards)
      SDSU 0

QB Hurries:
      ISU - 2
      SDSU - 2

Tackles for loss:
      SDSU - 4 (-10 yards)
      ISU - 2 (-12 yards)

Fumble Recoveries:
      SDSU - 3 (0 yards)
      ISU - 1 (6 yards)

Interceptions:
      ISU - 5 (202 yards)
      SDSU - 0

This game was closer than the final score indicates. I'm not saying we should have won or anything silly like that, but take away some brutal mistakes by Berry and the final score is respectable. I'm feeling pretty good going into next weeks game against the Penguins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Random stats from game, since I'm on day 2 of a 5 day weekend, have the football bug, and have nothing better to do than ramble on message boards all afternoon...

3rd Down Conversions:
        ISU - 6-12
        SDSU - 6-14

Total Yards:
        ISU - 388
        SDSU 350

Yards/Play
        ISU - 6.4
        SDSU - 5.6

Sacks:
        ISU - 1 (-8 yards)
        SDSU 0

QB Hurries:
        ISU - 2
        SDSU - 2

Tackles for loss:
        SDSU - 4 (-10 yards)
        ISU - 2 (-12 yards)

Fumble Recoveries:
        SDSU - 3 (0 yards)
        ISU - 1 (6 yards)

Interceptions:
        ISU - 5 (202 yards)
        SDSU - 0

This game was closer than the final score indicates. I'm not saying we should have won or anything silly like that, but take away some brutal mistakes by Berry and the final score is respectable. I'm feeling pretty good going into next weeks game against the Penguins.
        Exactly - Reppies to you.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

3rd Down Conversions:
          ISU - 6-12
          SDSU - 6-14

Total Yards:
          ISU - 388
          SDSU 350

Yards/Play
          ISU - 6.4
          SDSU - 5.6

Sacks:
          ISU - 1 (-8 yards)
          SDSU 0

QB Hurries:
          ISU - 2
          SDSU - 2

Tackles for loss:
          SDSU - 4 (-10 yards)
          ISU - 2 (-12 yards)

Fumble Recoveries:
          SDSU - 3 (0 yards)
          ISU - 1 (6 yards)

Interceptions:
          ISU - 5 (202 yards)
          SDSU - 0

Don't tell mplscyclone those stats. Completely blows his theory of complete domination by ISU. Only stat I would argue with is the QB hurry stat. I think Berry would argue he felt hurried a lot more than 2 times all game.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Fumble Recoveries:
            SDSU - 3 (0 yards)
            ISU - 1 (6 yards)

Interceptions:
            ISU - 5 (202 yards)
            SDSU - 0
            Waaay to lazy to read through your 5-page Game Day Thread to get the answer myself... How would you characterize the turnovers? Mistakes? Created? Unavoidable accidents? Intentionally spotted them a few possessions to make it fair? How much did they affect the scoreboard?

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              Don't tell mplscyclone those stats. Completely blows his theory of complete domination by ISU. Only stat I would argue with is the QB hurry stat. I think Berry would argue he felt hurried a lot more than 2 times all game.
              Reason why the yardage and time of possesion were so close:

You aren't going to get a lot of yards or hang on to the ball much when you don't have very far to go. Your turnovers and crappy punting spoted our offense in your territory.

There is more to the game than box scores....

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                Waaay to lazy to read through your 5-page Game Day Thread to get the answer myself... How would you characterize the turnovers? Mistakes? Created? Unavoidable accidents? Intentionally spotted them a few possessions to make it fair? How much did they affect the scoreboard?
                Mistakes. The three picks that come to mind were just bad throws by Berry. Probably all five were bad throws. Three ISU fumbles came on big hits. One one our nose tackle Fisher just took it away from their QB on one. Kjerstad crushed an ISU RB near the goal line on another, and on a punt return, I think it was Cole Brodie who just smacked their returner. Big effect on the scoreboard. At least two of our picks were deep in ISU territory. One came with the score 13-0 and us on their 7. A TD there, and our guys start feeling pretty good about themselves.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thanks to cydave and all of his buddies for making the game day experience in Ames a blast. Take away the two run ins that I had with ISU fans (some of the blame going on me) and it was an overall great experience. Easily one of the best times I've had at a football game.

Thanks again cydave, hopefully we can do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by mplscyclone View Post
                    Reason why the yardage and time of possesion were so close:

You aren't going to get a lot of yards or hang on to the ball much when you don't have very far to go. Your turnovers and crappy punting spoted our offense in your territory.

There is more to the game than box scores....
                    Once again this idiot (well proven on another thread) doesn't have the slightest idea of what he is talking about. Crappy punting...you are one dumb dude. Our sophomore punter, Dean Priddy, punted three times for an average of 51 yards each. He didn't get to punt more because we turned it over before he had a chance. I talked to several ISU fans who noted they were impressed by our punter. I think the whole deal is that mplscyclone was totally spaced out during the game and his memory is still fogged over.

Comment

Your punters 1st punt was aided by a 20-30 yard bounce... It was crappy...

Comment

Oh...forgot that the bounce counts on yardage! It wasn't his best, but it was also angled away from the receiver, who wasn't fast enough to get there and shorten up the "bounce" factor. Don't worry, the foggy memory will be gone, say, in 24 hours. Have a great year.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Thanks to cydave and all of his buddies for making the game day experience in Ames a blast. Take away the two run ins that I had with ISU fans (some of the blame going on me) and it was an overall great experience. Easily one of the best times I've had at a football game.

Thanks again cydave, hopefully we can do it again.
                          No problem! It was my pleasure! I'm glad you had a great time, minus those 2 run ins, lol, but every fan base has those arrogant drunk people who get lost in the alcohol drinking. What are the odds that I actually ran into somebody on this message board?!? Anyways, hope you have a great season and I look forward to possible meeting you again in the future!

Comment

Working...
                          X