SDSU vs Iowa State viewing options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs Iowa State viewing options

I wanted to start a new thread that summarizes the options for viewing the game. Obviously, those of us lucky enough to go will be watching from our seats at Jack Trice Stadium.

The Yankton Jackrabbit Club encourages fans to meet at Ben's Brewing Company in downtown Yankton. Ben will have the game up on his new 42 inch LCD screens. Ben's is smoke free and serves a wide variety of beer and wine. No liquor. He offers several food items including pizza, sandwiches, his specialty the "plowman's platter", soft pretzels, and more. If you can't make it to Ames and are in the Yankton area I recommend heading down to Ben's.

In Brookings it sounds like Cubby's will have the game. Someone can confirm that. We all know what they offer including a smoke-free atmosphere.

In Sioux Falls I believe Nutty's North will host as arranges by the Sioux Empire Staters.

If anyone can add anymore or correct me please do so.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: SDSU vs Iowa State viewing options

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I wanted to start a new thread that summarizes the options for viewing the game. Obviously, those of us lucky enough to go will be watching from our seats at Jack Trice Stadium.

The Yankton Jackrabbit Club encourages fans to meet at Ben's Brewing Company in downtown Yankton. Ben will have the game up on his new 42 inch LCD screens. Ben's is smoke free and serves a wide variety of beer and wine. No liquor. He offers several food items including pizza, sandwiches, his specialty the "plowman's platter", soft pretzels, and more. If you can't make it to Ames and are in the Yankton area I recommend heading down to Ben's.

In Brookings it sounds like Cubby's will have the game. Someone can confirm that. We all know what they offer including a smoke-free atmosphere.

In Sioux Falls I believe Nutty's North will host as arranges by the Sioux Empire Staters.

From another thread:

ISU vs SDSU will be playing at Rookies according to their schedule of events:

http://www.rookiesgrillandbar.com/rookies_calendar.html
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

How about in Madison, SD?

Does anyone know if Jersey's or Stadium will be playing the game?

Comment

I am hoping I can get the game here in Billings. I have digital cable and a bunch of Fox Sports Channels....so with any luck I can catch the game!

Comment

I posted this on the other thread already but I will here as well:

It has been announced that the game feed is going to be picked up by MediaCom on Thursday. The game will be broadcasted on Channel 10 at 7PM for MediaCom subscribers. There is also a chance Mid-Continent will follow suit but that hasn't been finalized yet.

Comment

I have opened a dialogue with Directv to see for sure that the game will be broadcast if I purchase the sports pack. I have learned that channel 617 has been changed to channel 651. I will update more later.

Update: I just checked Directv's schedule for Thursday night and can't find a listing for the game. Not sure if that really means anything but I surely want to know that the game is going to be on before I expand my coverage.
            Last edited by EQguy; 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM. Reason: Update
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
              I have opened a dialogue with Directv to see for sure that the game will be broadcast if I purchase the sports pack. I have learned that channel 617 has been changed to channel 651. I will update more later.

Update: I just checked Directv's schedule for Thursday night and can't find a listing for the game. Not sure if that really means anything but I surely want to know that the game is going to be on before I expand my coverage.
              Well, 651 is at least a channel my receiver will accept, unlike 617. Progress, I guess.

Oh, wait, it also has 617 mapped now, too. Curious. 617 is listed as DTV (a generic label) while 651 is listed as an Atlanta Braves secondary channel.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Curious. 617 is listed as DTV (a generic label) while 651 is listed as an Atlanta Braves secondary channel.
                I noticed that too, which made me a little curious if customer service was leading me the right way. I guess I will have to make a call this evening to see what I can learn.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

The game will be on FSC on knology's system here in Yankton multiple times. So, if you don't/can't DVR it you can watch it later. Here is the listing. Its also replayed on FSC-Pacific on Sunday afternoon.

South Dakota State at Iowa State
                  172 FCSC Thu 8/28 7:00 PM
                  172 FCSC Fri 8/29 2:00 AM
                  172 FCSC Fri 8/29 6:00 PM
                  172 FCSC Sat 8/30 2:00 AM
                  172 FCSC Sun 8/31 3:30 PM
                  173 FCSP Tue 9/2 8:30 PM

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=26078&chn=172

Comment

The preview show starts at 6:30 pm Thursday. Here is the full FSC listing for the week.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...&weekView=true

Comment

Of course the times are the same as Knology but on Midco in Yankton the channel is 316.

316 FCSC Thu 8/28 7:00 PM
                      316 FCSC Fri 8/29 2:00 AM
                      316 FCSC Fri 8/29 6:00 PM
                      316 FCSC Sat 8/30 2:00 AM
                      316 FCSC Sun 8/31 3:30 PM
                      315 FCSP Tue 9/2 8:30 PM

Comment

One of my good friends in Yankton reminded me to make sure everyone tunes into WNAX at 5:30 for expanded pre-game coverage. We will be listening in Ames if I can pull 570 in. I advise watching the FSC coverage while listening to WNAX.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Rookies in Sioux Falls will have the game.

Sounds like it will be on in Tea on main street at O'Tooles.

Will the Boiling Point 212 in Brandon have the game?

Have we confirmed the Cubby's will have the game?

Comment

Things have gone quiet . . . is the board working?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I believe that it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X