GSU 4-2 .....sad very ,very sad......;-(,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSU 4-2 .....sad very ,very sad......;-(,

It doesnt matter that we scored over 40 points & around 500 total yards for each of the last 3 games. :'(

It doesnt matter that we're breaking in two new QBs. :'(

People are talking. I guess if we average 500 yards & 48 ppg over the next 5 games it should shut the traps of the anti-GSU dinks.

Are you with us mighty rabbits?
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: GSU 4-2 .....sad very ,very sad......;-(,

One blow-out from last year avenged. One to go...

Expect a battle in 3 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
      One blow-out from last year avenged.  One to go...

Expect a battle in 3 weeks!
      Should be the theme for game week after we dispose of Rolla on Hobo Days.

Any improvement from a passing standpoint and the Jacks could win easily at home in adverse conditions.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am not a offensive guru by any means but despite a 4-2 record of GSU, I am worried about their option offense. Can we stop it? I guess I saw way too many NDSU/SDSU games where the Jacks were hapless against a well excuted veer option. I hope GSU appearence in Brookings will not be a repeat performance of the NDSU games. We need to be ready and on our best in terms of defense. How can we begin to think victory when the oppenent is crossing the goal line each time in the opening series? :-/

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
          How can we begin to think victory when the oppenent is crossing the goal line each time in the opening series? :-/
          I think this, in addition to our offense failing to score on the opening drive is the reason all the teams are opting to kickoff first when they win the coin toss.

We did hold Davis scoreless the first have and scored a TD our second drive, so hopefully we have turned this around.

Comment

Their seems to be less option offense now days and preparing for that will take a real special effort on our staff. I sure dont want to see a repeat of last year.

Comment

I'm worried about the option and that GSU may be the quickest team all around that we face.

Comment

Dear Jack-o-roos

I dont really like blowouts. Dont get me wrong we  GSUers love the Spread Triple Option Offence. We love our 40+ppg & 400+ rushing yards per game. I like  a close game till the middle of the third.

It appears that the growing pains from the 2nd &  3rd games have worked themselves out & the offense is back on track but the QBs are still a ? mark in my book. The last three games were against lesser opponents and GSU was never put into a comback mode. Please  dont lul yourself into thinking that GSUs Spread Option can not come from behind. If GSU can rush for 400 ypg than a 4th period slupper can be handled.

I'LL GIVE YOU A BONE errrr CARROT. GSU traditionally does not do well in the cold, with a hard slick iced surface. Who does right? You know what I mean. If you have trained/played on such surfaces than your footwork is better. The outside portion of the option is the most effected by s slick field. The sprint to the sidelines and cuts are slowed as well as the QB cutback in the 2nd fase of the triple option. The first fase of our option is brute but the qb keep/pitch is fanness.

Why am I telling you this? CUZ IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER! 8)
                WE WILL WIN but I would like to see/hear a good game till the middle of the third then all hell can break loose.

Keep track of the next game with AppState. They really REALY hate us. A win at Appy will give you/me the real picture.

PS never get a game with our brothers from Appy. They are mountain pigs. They are evil. They would like nothing better than bend you over a stump.
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Hearing you talk smack is going to make a Jacks victory that much sweeter in three weeks. ;D

Comment

No smack Jack-o-roo

Note I put in the poor feild snippit.
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

GSU Talon?

Are there any players on the current GSU roster who have played football in the snow?

Bring your long underwear.

Where are you going to rent a Knipco heater? (Do you know what those are?)

Comment

Kinkypoo heater???

do I really want to know?

what type of feild do you have?
                        www.gsufans.com

Comment

If you're lucky, snow.

If you're not lucky, icy, frozen, sharp grass blades.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            If you're lucky, snow.

If you're not lucky, icy, frozen, sharp grass blades.

Glass Blades, Thats not funny!But you should use that to define the feild conditions to other schools.

FAMU or someone one like that
                            www.gsufans.com

Comment

Grass, Talon, Grrrrrrrr . . . not glass like llama but grrrrrrrr, like a tiger, grrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrass.

Don't be fooled, though, falling on icy grass can feel like you fell on blades of glass. Ouch!

Also, if anyone tells you to lick a frozen pipe (a goalpost, for instance) here's a tip: don't do it. Those funny movie scenes about the character's tongue sticking to cold things like that--well, they're actually quite true.

My very own Snookums found that out to her dismay this summer when we visited the KC Zoo--she got a fudgesicle that was too cold (too much dry ice in the cold box) and yep! her tongue got stuck on the confection.

Also, you'll avoid much embarrasment if you simply don't ask why all the cars up north have those three-prong electrical cords coming out of the front grilles.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X