Signing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Day

Rather then add to the '07 recruit thread, I thought I would start a new one for when the "official" word comes out. Today is a little like Christmas, even though you have a pretty good idea of what you are getting it is still fun to unwrap the gifts!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!  

Re: Signing Day

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/NewsDet...cfm?ID=46,5696

Here is the link.

Comment

Overall looks like a solid recruiting class, alot of all-state athletes on the list.

Noticed that Ganious wasn't on the list and no Arizona kids on the list either, thought we had some possibilities there.

Excited to see what these guys can do!

Comment

It's great to see multiple honor students on this list!

Comment

Terry's Blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
            Overall looks like a solid recruiting class, alot of all-state athletes on the list.

Noticed that Ganious wasn't on the list and no Arizona kids on the list either, thought we had some possibilities there.

I see Chris Ganious on the USD recruiting list.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...ELEASE_ID=3602

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
              [quote author=Jacks02 link=1170863462/0#2 date=1170877546]Overall looks like a solid recruiting class, alot of all-state athletes on the list.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...ELEASE_ID=3602[/quote]

That makes sense, both he and Warren are very small for D-I ball.  

Dante Warren QB 5’11", 195 lbs., Arlington Heights, Ill. (St. Viator)

Chris Ganious RB 5’7", 175 lbs., Houston, Texas (North Shore)

That is not to say that they won't be good, just saying they are not the prototypes for their positions at a D-I school.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
                [quote author=Jacks02 link=1170863462/0#2 date=1170877546]Overall looks like a solid recruiting class, alot of all-state athletes on the list.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...ELEASE_ID=3602[/quote]

Hmmm, I wondered if that was going to happen when I didn't see him on our list.  My source must have gotten the two school mixed up.  Actually, I would bet his source got them mixed up as he said it was a recruiting service in TX.  I apologize for the inconvenience fellas.   :-/
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

That is not to say that they won't be good, just saying they are not the prototypes for their positions at a D-I school.

Go State!  
                  I think USD had another good recruiting class as would be expected with Meirkort's history. I must admit watching Warren play that I didn't think he had the speed or size to play at SDSU. I haven't seen Ganious. We all heard know how well that undersized All-American DII RB at USD performed against a DI school we beat this year (cheap shot, I apologize).

Were we expecting more singnees or was the 19-20 number I heard including walk-ons? I like what I see. We are plenty deep at QB and RB. Definitely need a few WR's and the defense should always be a focus.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not sure how many seniors USD had graduating, but from the looks of the size of their class (25 players) they must be ramping up scholarships fairly significantly, or are they still tied to the 36 limit next season as they are still technically competing in Division II?

Comment

They still have to abide by the 36 scholarship limit next season. USD may have promised some of these guys a bump in their scholarship size once they move up to D-I and find some more money.........

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        [quote author=89rabbit link=1170863462/0#6 date=1170882230]

Go State!  
                        I think USD had another good recruiting class as would be expected with Meirkort's history.  I must admit watching Warren play that I didn't think he had the speed or size to play at SDSU.  I haven't seen Ganious.  We all heard know how well that undersized All-American DII RB at USD performed against a DI school we beat this year (cheap shot,  I apologize).

Were we expecting more singnees or was the 19-20 number I heard including walk-ons?  I like what I see.  We are plenty deep at QB and RB.  Definitely need a few WR's and the defense should always be a focus.
                        [/quote]

I'm surprised we did not sign a running back in this class. Dominique Clare it seems will be a linebacker. I also thought we might sign more players in 2007. Maybe we are taking the money/scholarships and giving more to players already on the roster.

Comment

Kinda surprised not to see a Brookings kid on this list, but Brookings did suck in football this year.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../70207028/1002

SDSU announces 2007 recruiting class

By Staff Reports
                            Argus Leader
                            Published: February 7, 2007

South Dakota State football coach John Stiegelmeier announced Wednesday that 17 high school standouts have signed letters of intent to enroll at SDSU in the fall and compete for the Jackrabbit football program.

The class includes two scholarship players from South Dakota – linebacker Jake Steffen from Mount Vernon and quarterback Brad Iverson from Roosevelt. Both were Argus Leader Elite 45 selections.

Stiegelmeier and his staff also landed three players from Texas, including two defensive backs.

"Today’s signing list marks a new page for SDSU football," Stiegelmeier said. "First of all, because of our reclassification timeline, those in this class who are redshirted will be able to compete for both conference and national championships in each of their four years of eligibility.

"Secondly, this is the first year our program will be fully funded scholarship-wise. That will have a positive effect on our program as we recruit in future years." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                              [quote author=jackmd link=1170863462/0#8 date=1170883614][quote author=89rabbit link=1170863462/0#6 date=1170882230]

Go State!  
                              I think USD had another good recruiting class as would be expected with Meirkort's history.  I must admit watching Warren play that I didn't think he had the speed or size to play at SDSU.  I haven't seen Ganious.  We all heard know how well that undersized All-American DII RB at USD performed against a DI school we beat this year (cheap shot,  I apologize).

Were we expecting more singnees or was the 19-20 number I heard including walk-ons?  I like what I see.  We are plenty deep at QB and RB.  Definitely need a few WR's and the defense should always be a focus.
                              [/quote]

I'm surprised we did not sign a running back in this class. Dominique Clare it seems will be a linebacker. I also thought we might sign more players in 2007. Maybe we are taking the money/scholarships and giving more to players already on the roster.
                              [/quote]

I'm maybe a little surprised we didn't sign at least one, but we do have Minnett, Monke, Paula, Giessler, and Duffy who were either freshman or red-shirts last year. Coaches must think we have enough depth on the roster for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X