PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana GDT

JackFan96
09-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, time to start an official game day thread here. Tonight, we face a bit of an unknown in Southeastern Louisiana. The schools have never met, and the Lions have a new head coach. I expect a more balanced attack from the Jacks with Sumner starting. We need to get more people involved on offense. And we need vast improvement in special teams. It's a big game in that a loss will mean that the playoffs are a long shot even before our first home game. And it could be a harbinger for the season at large. A loss today, and we're likely to struggle with teams expected to be much tougher later in the season. Frankly, I expect a solid victory. Hope I'm right. No matter the outcome, we'll get to see the Lions in Brookings next fall.

Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. There will be no TV coverage, unless you're talking Terry Vandrovec. Go, Jacks!

JimmyJack
09-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Seems like a good bet we'll be able to run the ball. If so, the offense could be pretty lethal with Sumner having a full week of preparation. I would expect to see them try to get Rollin the ball early in the game. I was at the Kansas game and the defense played pretty well after a bit of a shaky start.

Jackrabbits 31
Lions 14

Zenner and Gandy go for >200 yards. Sumner for 250.

Southeast
09-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Rollin and Gandy are two guys I want to see with the ball tonight. I hope Sumner is ready to go and puts up numbers like he did last season. Go get some momentum to bring back to Brookings for next weekend!

Roy
09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
It looks like the cool front and a narrow band of showers have moved through Hammond.

Seems weather threat has passed. TWC predicts 81 degrees and humid at kickoff.

FeistyRedheadAZ
09-08-2012, 05:48 PM
JeRyan sent me this link to see the game. http://www2.selu.edu/thesoutheasternchannel/live/ I will be in town on Friday for the home game, I'm hoping to meet some of you !

filbert
09-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Kansas hanging on by the tips of their fingernails vs. Rice in Lawrence right now. Up by 2, but Rice is about to kick a potential game-winning field goal from inside the 20.

The KU game was winnable for the Rabbits. One that got away.

filbert
09-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Kansas hanging on by the tips of their fingernails vs. Rice in Lawrence right now. Up by 2, but Rice is about to kick a potential game-winning field goal from inside the 20.

. . . And, Rice beats Kansas.

filbert
09-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Vandrovec's live chat is here. (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0202/91221041&template=livestream&nclick_check=1)

Rabbit3467
09-08-2012, 07:15 PM
WHat radio station is the game broadcast on? I want to try to listen over the internet.

KUlawJack
09-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I need updates. At a bar in omaha without WNAX. Please help.

SF_Rabbit_Fan
09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
13-0 SDSU

Zenner over 100 still in first half.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 07:53 PM
SDSU 13, SLU 0
little over 6:00 TO GO IN THE HALF. We're in control

Roy
09-08-2012, 07:54 PM
13 - 0 Jacks - 6:50 to go in first half

JackJD
09-08-2012, 07:55 PM
4:51 in the half, good guys still up 13-0

we have the ball on our 31.

KUlawJack
09-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice. Glad to hear we're running the hell out of it.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 07:57 PM
KULawJack: always, ALWAYS travel with a good AM radio in your pocket on Saturdays when you are uncertain the bar you'll be in (I'm certain you'll be in a bar) may not get WNAX. If you're on the edge of the reception area, the radio should be one made by Sangean -- best AM reception.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 08:03 PM
SLU tries a field goal...wide right. SDSU defense doing well. SLU hasn't gotten a first down yet.
Still 13-0 SDSU.
About 2:50 left in the first half.

KUlawJack
09-08-2012, 08:04 PM
KULawJack: always, ALWAYS travel with a good AM radio in your pocket on Saturdays when you are uncertain the bar you'll be in (I'm certain you'll be in a bar) may not get WNAX. If you're on the edge of the reception area, the radio should be one made by Sangean -- best AM reception.Good to know. I thought I'd be able to pull the gojacks feed on my phone but it didn't work. I need to grab one of the pocket radios.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Zenner rambles for 51 yards before getting run down.
Jacks on their 33 yard line
1:43 to go in the half.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Good to know. I thought I'd be able to pull the gojacks feed on my phone but it didn't work. I need to grab one of the pocket radios.

Get the Sangeon DT-210. Sangean's engineers are the world's best on AM reception. They make radios for others including some of the Radio Shack models. I have the DT-210.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 08:10 PM
With 32 seconds in the first half, SLU gets its first, first-down.

Next play: Doug Peete in the backfield and again tackels for a loss. Tyler M. says Peete has taken up residency in Louisiana (he's been in the backfield so much).

jackmd
09-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Very disappointing first half for the offense. Defense has been stellar. Something has to be done to improve the offensive efficiency. Little excuse for the lack of advantage on the offensive side. SELA has allowed us chances and we have missed them. This game should be well in hand and yet it is not.

goon
09-08-2012, 08:13 PM
My wife won't let me have the game on the radio at home. I must be in the dog house for something I did or didn't do I need updates here and espn game tracker on my phone. Was at presidents bowl in sf watched washoington high beat up ogorman 24-0. Whs has some really skilled guys. Gerry is for real hander not a shabby QB either.

jackmd
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM

Kansas will be lucky to win another game this year. The Jacks had every chance to beat them and didn't execute well enough. I see the same tendency in this game. A great team would be ahead by 30 right now. Jacks may be okay but the first 6 quarters of this season suggest the Jacks won't be great.

Nidaros
09-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Kansas will be lucky to win another game this year. The Jacks had every chance to beat them and didn't execute well enough. I see the same tendency in this game. A great team would be ahead by 30 right now. Jacks may be okay but the first 6 quarters of this season suggest the Jacks won't be great.
This is scary, but its only the second game. Hope to see us tear UCDavis up.

witness
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I feel if the Jacks get through this week with a win then we will see the Jacks we all thought they would be next week. Another week of practice for Sumner and also another week of letting his thumb heal. It's a real bummer that he dislocated his thumb in the first place.

jackmd
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I feel if the Jacks get through this week with a win then we will see the Jacks we all thought they would be next week. Another week of practice for Sumner and also another week of letting his thumb heal. It's a real bummer that he dislocated his thumb in the first place.

I don't buy that as an excuse, this team has had time to adjust to his injury. This is another example of not being as good as we should be to start the season. Its happened year after year after year.

SELA comes out of the half making adjustments like good coaching staffs do and drives for an immediate touchdown. Its not just a coincidence. We lead but not by as much as we should.

I expect the Jackrabbits will win this game but it will be much more of a struggle than it should be. I suppose I need to resign myself to the fact that this is how it will be. I label it underachievement while many just say "it could be worse".

bubbajack
09-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Glad to see the running game is worth a damn this year

BTownJack
09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Good to know. I thought I'd be able to pull the gojacks feed on my phone but it didn't work. I need to grab one of the pocket radios.

If you haven't already - get teh iJacks app on Android or IPhone. The "premium" edition is like $5 and it worked great for me last year and I used it last week as well. Usually have to have a set of headphones on hand if you are in a noisy place but if driving in the car - the whole car can enjoy the game as well. Well worth the money - you get all radio broadcasts that are on the full version of Jackrabbit Extra.

witness
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't buy that as an excuse, this team has had time to adjust to his injury. This is another example of not being as good as we should be to start the season. Its happened year after year after year.SELA comes out of the half making adjustments like good coaching staffs do and drives for an immediate touchdown. Its not just a coincidence. We lead but not by as much as we should.I expect the Jackrabbits will win this game but it will be much more of a struggle than it should be. I suppose I need to resign myself to the fact that this is how it will be. I label it underachievement while many just say "it could be worse".I hear on that slow starts have happened year after year, and there isn't an excuse but right it's just a "what if" moment for me. I guess we will never know what would have happened if Sumner didn't dislocate his thumb but the Jacks just needs to get a win and move on to next week.

jackmd
09-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Thats what the Jacks needed, someone making a play. Sumner to Schneider for 6, going for 2 and make it easily on the back of another play by Sumner. 21-7 Jacks. Let your playmakers make plays, it will work out.

Roy
09-08-2012, 08:57 PM
21 - 7 Jacks 6:51 in the third

jackmd
09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I hear on that slow starts have happened year after year, and there isn't an excuse but right it's just a "what if" moment for me. I guess we will never know what would have happened if Sumner didn't dislocate his thumb but the Jacks just needs to get a win and move on to next week.

I hear you loud and clear, not arguing with your point just making mine. Their seems to be a "legitmate excuse" for a slow start every year. "The schedule is too tough", "the field was too wet", "the QB was smoking dope", "the RB was a much better WR than a RB", etc.....end of rant. Win the game like witness said. 1-0 this week.

bubbajack
09-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Zenner with 210 yards. So happy to see a running game. Zenner is legit

jackmd
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Zenner with 210 yards. So happy to see a running game. Zenner is legit

I could not agree more. The first time I saw him run the ball I said exactly the same thing, that was some time ago...

Southeast
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Zenner is definitely legit. How pissed would we be if he gets a knee injury in this garbage time (28-7 SDSU)? Why is he still getting the ball? Give that 3rd stringer some carries.

Gameday
09-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice to see a solid running game. There goes the single game rushing record. Pretty cool. We needed this kind of tune up to get some momentum.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
SDSU 31, SLU 7
12:03 to go in the fourth quarter

jackmd
09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Did anybody not expect this? I fully expected SDSU to throttle SELA if there was any legit shot this team would compete for a playoff spot. I didn't expect any limitations until I saw our punt team against KU. Fortunately or not, we haven't punted much tonight. This is the kind of game the Jacks should dominate. Same thing for next week.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Still 31-7 with 8:37 to go. SLU goes for it on fourth down,,...incomplete pass (nearly intercepted but works better for us on field position).

JackJD
09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Our first punt of the game comes at 7:35 left in the game.

Southeast
09-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Based on our early-season performance over the past several years, it is still easy to "not expect" a blowout win in a game like this. We've been burned to many times in September. At least that's how I feel. It would be awesome to see them get another easy win next week and roll into the conference season.

SF_Rabbit_Fan
09-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Based on our early-season performance over the past several years, it is still easy to "not expect" a blowout win in a game like this. We've been burned to many times in September. At least that's how I feel. It would be awesome to see them get another easy win next week and roll into the conference season.

If anybody is expecting blow out wins, that is a fan problem, not a program problem, IMO.

I'm sure there are still Notre Dame fans who expect blowouts every weekend regardless of opponent.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given Saturday. I'm glad for any win, good, bad, or ugly. Its nice to blow teams out, but I can't say I ever expect it.

JackJD
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Bad break but inconsequential...we put Zenner back in and he fumbles and Lions run it in for a TD. SDSU 31, SLU 14 about a minute left

filbert
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Where I am with SDSU football is that I'm happy with wins, but I don't really expect them. The Game Which Shall Never Be Mentioned taught me that.

I was that way with men's basketball too, until sometime around the middle of last year, when the feeling started to come back.

Nidaros
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Final SDSU 31 SLU 14. A good win for the guys. They earned it the hard way playing in that humidity. Next year we play them again early in the season. A more fitting time would be the third week in November. Lets see how they do in cold and windy weather.

common sense rabbit
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Bad break but inconsequential...we put Zenner back in and he fumbles and Lions run it in for a TD. SDSU 31, SLU 14 about a minute left Any road win is good but I'm sure we have things to correct like any other team but also some nice things to build on. Common sense says not to get too excited though as SELA is not very good. Some positives in my opinion: Offensively nice to have a running game and now to put in some quality play action passing plays as Missouri Valley teams will shut down the run or at least slow it down. We have a lot of depth at WR as most of us know but 3 illegal motion plays- 2 by Hubert and 1 by Kool simply can't happen against quality opponents. Tight ends are also very good. Kickoff Return team continues to be very good. Defensively, Peete has shown great promise and teams may have to start doubling him! Lets continue to improve and get another big W next week at Coughlin! Go Jacks!

jackmd
09-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Any road win is good but I'm sure we have things to correct like any other team but also some nice things to build on. Common sense says not to get too excited though as SELA is not very good. Some positives in my opinion: Offensively nice to have a running game and now to put in some quality play action passing plays as Missouri Valley teams will shut down the run or at least slow it down. We have a lot of depth at WR as most of us know but 3 illegal motion plays- 2 by Hubert and 1 by Kool simply can't happen against quality opponents. Tight ends are also very good. Kickoff Return team continues to be very good. Defensively, Peete has shown great promise and teams may have to start doubling him! Lets continue to improve and get another big W next week at Coughlin! Go Jacks!

Excellent points. My concerns, WR and RB depth as well as 3rd down defense. Kool is solid but not spectacular, Rollin and Hubert haven't progressed like I hoped they would. Tiefentaler is yet to prove himself and Schneider is too slow.

UC Davis and the home in conference schedule, with the exception of YSU will not present us with the challenges that the remaining road games will. If this team is a playoff team they will demonstrate significant improvement from this week to next culiminating in a dominating win over UC Davis, if not, we are just what some other posters seem to be satisfied with.

jackmd
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
If anybody is expecting blow out wins, that is a fan problem, not a program problem, IMO.

I'm sure there are still Notre Dame fans who expect blowouts every weekend regardless of opponent.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given Saturday. I'm glad for any win, good, bad, or ugly. Its nice to blow teams out, but I can't say I ever expect it.

Interesting philosophy on life. I prefer to expect the best and accept the results. I like to win and I'm not afraid to expect it.

JackFan96
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Excellent points. My concerns, WR and RB depth as well as 3rd down defense. Kool is solid but not spectacular, Rollin and Hubert haven't progressed like I hoped they would. Tiefentaler is yet to prove himself and Schneider is too slow.

UC Davis and the home in conference schedule, with the exception of YSU will not present us with the challenges that the remaining road games will. If this team is a playoff team they will demonstrate significant improvement from this week to next culiminating in a dominating win over UC Davis, if not, we are just what some other posters seem to be satisfied with.

Here here! I've never figured out how to give rep points on this site, but I sure would give you some if I could. Having the highest grade-point average in the conference year in and year out is all great and all. I'm glad we have smart kids. But I'd trade that for regularly being in the conference title race, and i'd do it in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you wouldn't, but I would. Easy. No questions asked.

2002jack
09-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Nice win! We clearly overpowered SLU, which is awesome. However, we did not execute well in the passing game. Several drops and three false starts by receivers. This will need to be cleaned up, if we want to make the playoffs. We will not be able to overpower the MVC. We will have to execute on every possession.

Kemo
09-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Good win, though the score didn't show how bad we actually dominated the game. Need to clean some things up, but I am optimistic about the rest of the season.

royallion05
09-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Congrats to the Rabbits ... you guys kicked our butts up and down the field on both sides of the ball ... not much else to be said other than best of luck the rest of the way!

Nidaros
09-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Congrats to the Rabbits ... you guys kicked our butts up and down the field on both sides of the ball ... not much else to be said other than best of luck the rest of the way! Thanks royalllion.

Any updates on Aaron Rollin? Coach Stig in the post game, that he was being held overnight in the hospital for observation. Sounds like a possible concussion. I hope the nurses treat him good, like I got at Avera-McKennen recently.

JackFan96
09-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks royalllion.

Any updates on Aaron Rollin? Coach Stig in the post game, that he was being held overnight in the hospital for observation. Sounds like a possible concussion. I hope the nurses treat him good, like I got at Avera-McKennen recently.

I assume you're right, but don't know. After the game on the radio, Stig said it was somewhat serious, but not overly serious. In TV's story this morning, the privacy law line, which is bunk when it comes to discussing football games/injuries, was again cited. Hope Aaron bounces back quickly and is ready for conference play or even next weekend, if that's safe.

SturgisJeff
09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Here here! I've never figured out how to give rep points on this site, but I sure would give you some if I could. Having the highest grade-point average in the conference year in and year out is all great and all. I'm glad we have smart kids. But I'd trade that for regularly being in the conference title race, and i'd do it in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you wouldn't, but I would. Easy. No questions asked.

to give rep points to someone 1 be signed in.2 look down at the little sheriffs star in the lower left of the person to be repped comment box.3 put your little pointer thingy on the star, it will say "add to this persons reputation" and click on it.

goon
09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
My take from the game. The D played well again. I feel for the most part last week and this week they are a good unit over all with no major glaring issues. Kick off return is pretty solid too after 2 games. Zenner is a stud. At least gandy got some carries this week even though most were scrub time. Our passing game needs to clean it up but I am sure they will. This passing attack imo has big play potentional all the time. Just need to execute better and not always look for the home run ball.

Theee Catrabbit
09-09-2012, 11:22 AM
In TV's story this morning, the privacy law line, which is bunk when it comes to discussing football games/injuries, was again cited.

Pesky privacy laws.....their injuries are our business dammit!:rolleyes: How dare they!

BigGoosie13
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Welp according to Rollin's twitter he has a slight concussion and internal bruising and bleeding in his lungs....he also has to stay in the hospital for another day and can't fly back to Brookings.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j7hv79

https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/244820355598934016

https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/244820607202643968

jackolantern
09-09-2012, 12:27 PM
goon: I like your insight: The things that you say seem to be on target, just curious, if you were at the game? There was a nice group of followers at the game, the team and coaches sure do seem to appreciate the crowd that travels to the away games. They all came over to the stands and held up their helmets after the game etc.... Coach Stig always gives the team time to get out there and show their appreciation for those family members. friends, and loyal supporters, immediately following team breakdown. I do want to add two people to that STUD LIST with Zenner, Doug Pete/Andy Mink-what great players and humble people they are!!!!

My take from the game. The D played well again. I feel for the most part last week and this week they are a good unit over all with no major glaring issues. Kick off return is pretty solid too after 2 games. Zenner is a stud. At least gandy got some carries this week even though most were scrub time. Our passing game needs to clean it up but I am sure they will. This passing attack imo has big play potentional all the time. Just need to execute better and not always look for the home run ball.

76Rabbit
09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
After reading Aaron's tweets it appears he may be out for a while. What's your take Doc. Your specialty.

common sense rabbit
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Sounded like quite the cheap shot. Hope we have him back by conference time.

goon
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
goon: I like your insight: The things that you say seem to be on target, just curious, if you were at the game? There was a nice group of followers at the game, the team and coaches sure do seem to appreciate the crowd that travels to the away games. They all came over to the stands and held up their helmets after the game etc.... Coach Stig always gives the team time to get out there and show their appreciation for those family members. friends, and loyal supporters, immediately following team breakdown. I do want to add two people to that STUD LIST with Zenner, Doug Pete/Andy Mink-what great players and humble people they are!!!!

Nope was at home. Had the game on the radio. Followed game tracker on my phone. I would love to travel for more away games. Might make the uni game in ceder falls. I follow sdsu stuff pretty close. Oh yeah forgot to mention peete also as a stud with zenner but completly agree.

JackJD
09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Here's the SLU sports info department's view of the game:
http://www.lionsports.net/news/2012/9/8/FB_0908123450.aspx

JackFan96
09-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Here's the SLU sports info department's view of the game:
http://www.lionsports.net/news/2012/9/8/FB_0908123450.aspx

Pretty long story there from the SID gang. Lots off yellow pants on the field last night.

bigticket1
09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't think we have seen the offense at its best,because I don't think Sumner's thumb is fully healed. His numbers from last night were not up to par from last season,and you have to believe we would have thrown the ball more than 18 times if the thumb was 100%. It will continue to be pound the run,and throw when you have to until Austin is back to full strength. Some of the receivers will have to step up if Rollin is out for an extended amount of time.

JackrabbitGuy
09-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Sounded like quite the cheap shot. Hope we have him back by conference time.

I wasn't there, but Tyler on the radio call said that the play looked legit to him. I'm paraphrasing but he said that from his view the play was a legal hit, just the kind of thing that sometimes happens across the middle of the field.

SturgisJeff
09-10-2012, 05:55 AM
I wasn't there, but Tyler on the radio call said that the play looked legit to him. I'm paraphrasing but he said that from his view the play was a legal hit, just the kind of thing that sometimes happens across the middle of the field.

TV's story in the Argus said Stig did not like the way the SLU players acted after the hit. Celebration and jabbing their fingers while standing around him. This weekend was a bad one for serious hits. The Tulane player, Rollin, and at the Lions-Rams game a Rams player was carted off the field after taking a shot to the back of the neck.

SF_Rabbit_Fan
09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Interesting philosophy on life. I prefer to expect the best and accept the results. I like to win and I'm not afraid to expect it.

Maybe I'm just a bad fan with no ambition and an interesting philosophy on life.

I always expect us to play well, and I expect to feel proud to be a Jackrabbit fan after the final horn. IMO, those standards were met on Saturday night.

To me, hoping the team plays well and hoping to win makes for a more enjoyable experience than expecting a blowout, regardless of who we are playing. There's more emotional upside, so to speak. If I expected dominance and blowouts, there is a slim chance of satisfaction (even if I was an Alabama fan). Even a win can seem like a loss with that attitude.

I'm not a coach or player. I'm a fan. Maybe this "philosophy" comes from too many years spent cheering for the Vikings.

BigGoosie13
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Rollin tweeted some good news..... https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/245198514051760130

jackolantern
09-10-2012, 01:31 PM
BigGoosie13, Can you let those of us who's bosses filter twitter "stuff" know what it said. Hope he is back this week!

SDSUAlum08
09-10-2012, 01:51 PM
BigGoosie13, Can you let those of us who's bosses filter twitter "stuff" know what it said. Hope he is back this week!

He's out of the hospital and on his way home via car. 20 hour car ride home from the hospital to Brookings.

Because of the nature of the injury, he can't travel by plane yet. Planes ascend and descend quicly (ears pop, etc). Air can expand within your body and cause more problems. However, I'm unsure of the exact nature of his injury other than that it's his lungs.

This would actually be right up JackMD's alley.

Nidaros
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
This would actually be right up JackMD's alley. I think since JackMd is not the primary doctor for Mr. Rollin, I can appreciate his reluctance to post publicly his advice. Professionally that might not be good to do. I am going through a serious crisis myself and have PM Jackmd several times, and his advice has been very good and very close to being on the mark. I worried I might get a bill from him :(

Danger41
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I saw the hit he took and looked him in the eyes as he was leaving the field. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a concussion and potentially a broken jaw or something. It was a hell of a hit. Didn't look particularly dirty to me, but it was very quick. Glad he's okay.

rabidrabbit
09-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I saw the hit he took and looked him in the eyes as he was leaving the field. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a concussion and potentially a broken jaw or something. It was a hell of a hit. Didn't look particularly dirty to me, but it was very quick. Glad he's okay.

Yes It was was that horrible hi/low scissors double hit that has made many a defensive killers videotape segment. The high side guy got in at neck level and speared AR. I was sitting just below AR's parents, and was enjoying his early success with them. Dad left to check on him, and later mom escorted them both to hospital. I have sneaking feeling that mom/dad had the joy of driving son back to Brookings. Thoughts and prayers for speedy recovery, and best of success to the Rollins family. Enjoyed our short time in the SE LA stands with you.

Danger41, sorry we didn't connect at the Alumni tent, I was looking forward to connecting with another "southern" Rabbit.