The Jackrabbit Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jackrabbit Journey

As noted in another thread former DB Casey Hillman is walking across SD to raise awareness about the Jackrabbit athletic endowment. I just donated to the cause and encourage others to do the same. I look forward to shaking his hand and watching as he hands out the game ball on Sept 18th.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: The Jackrabbit Journey

I just donated online. It took less than two minutes. Make sure you follow the instructions on GoJacks.com at the link MD provided, so Casey gets "credit" for the donations. It will be interesting to see how much he raises. Good luck to Casey.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Believe it or not, this was not an idea that was prompted by several drinks. Casey's been talking about doing it for a while now and just recently finalized the details. They are having a send-off party in Deadwood for anyone interested. I'm making the 8 hour drive the Friday before the game so I can be there personally to cheer him on when he arrives at the stadium.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

That will be my first game back in Brookings since 2004. Will be great to see Casey finishing his journey that day. I hope all goes well for him.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I plan to hunt him down when he hits Arlington and hand him a check. I could give him a ride to the game, but I suppose that would ruin the big plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I plan to hunt him down when he hits Arlington and hand him a check. I could give him a ride to the game, but I suppose that would ruin the big plan.
            I'll donate an extra $50 if you walk from Arlington to CAS with him. What do you say? Better yet, you name the price and I'll consider it.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I'll donate an extra $50 if you walk from Arlington to CAS with him. What do you say? Better yet, you name the price and I'll consider it.
              Oh boy 22 miles is more than these tired dogs can handle. Besides I would need a ride home after the game.

Comment

This is pretty incredible.

If I do my math correctly, which is questionable, (assuming the trip is 400 miles, the article says OVER 400 miles)...that comes out to more than 26 miles per day, walking a 20 minute mile (is that a reasonable pace?) thats about 9 hours of walking per day for 15 days.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I just donated online. It took less than two minutes. Make sure you follow the instructions on GoJacks.com at the link MD provided, so Casey gets "credit" for the donations. It will be interesting to see how much he raises. Good luck to Casey.
                  Bump. Just donated.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho
                    I believe that 4MPH is the accepted "normal" walking pace.
                    I get 431 miles (Google Maps) I believe that it was stated the tip will begin the 4th and end the 18th. or 14 days. 431/14 = 30.78 miles a day avg. 31/4MPH = 7.75 Hrs per day

There you have it, the Mathematical breakdown of "The Jackrabbit Journey"
                    not that it really matters, but I still come up with 15 days, not 14.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      not that it really matters, but I still come up with 15 days, not 14.
                      INDEED.

So we would have 431Miles/15days=28.73 Miles per day(MPD) and 28.73MPD/4mph=7.18 hrs a day

thanks for pointing that out, I was on my way back to work at lunch in a hurry. So that is why I made that oversight

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        INDEED.

So we would have 431Miles/15days=28.73 Miles per day(MPD) and 28.73MPD/4mph=7.18 hrs a day

thanks for pointing that out, I was on my way back to work at lunch in a hurry. So that is why I made that oversight
                        Either way, I can't imagine myself doing something like this...a great achievement, for sure.

Comment

So more than a marathon a day for 15 straight days. Amazing, hopefully he gets the support he deserves and raises a bunch for the program!

Comment

I believe that his schedule calls for at least one day of rest, not sure if that has been figured into the calculations above.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It is not added into the 15 day. but the original 14 day had it... I knew there was a reason I used 14...

The original post

I believe that 4MPH is the accepted "normal" walking pace.
                              I get 431 miles (Google Maps) I believe that it was stated the tip will begin the 4th and end the 18th. or 14 days. 431/14 = 30.78 miles a day avg. 31/4MPH = 7.75 Hrs per day

There you have it, the Mathematical breakdown of "The Jackrabbit Journey"

Comment

Working...
                              X