Wegher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wegher?

Take a gander at the pre-game chatter on TV's blog re: young Iowa running back, Wegher:

http://bit.ly/7MqYeB

Re: Wegher?

Wow I hadn't heard that but that would be amazing!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Wow I hadn't heard that but that would be amazing!
      whats the rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
        whats the rumor?
        Check the link on TV's chat starting at 6:42 p.m.

Comment

Speed, here's the referenced exchange:

Comment From ChrisChris: ] Terry question for you, Have you heard anything about the Wegher kid from sioux city, that plays football for IOWA. I heard a rumor he was transfering up to STATE!! GO JACKS
          Saturday January 30, 2010 6:41 Chris
          6:42
          Terry Vandrovec:
          Yes, I have heard that rumor. But people I know what would be in the loop if that were true have no knowledge of that. Saturday January 30, 2010 6:42 Terry Vandrovec

6:43
          [Comment From BrianBrian: ]
          Not a chance. Wegher had a good year for Iowa as a freshman. I'd be surprised I guess. Saturday January 30, 2010 6:43 Brian

Terry Vandrovec:
          The rumored reason is very personal - has nothing to do with football. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Speed, here's the referenced exchange:

Comment From ChrisChris: ] Terry question for you, Have you heard anything about the Wegher kid from sioux city, that plays football for IOWA. I heard a rumor he was transfering up to STATE!! GO JACKS
            Saturday January 30, 2010 6:41 Chris
            6:42
            Terry Vandrovec:
            Yes, I have heard that rumor. But people I know what would be in the loop if that were true have no knowledge of that. Saturday January 30, 2010 6:42 Terry Vandrovec

[Comment From BrianBrian: ]
            Not a chance. Wegher had a good year for Iowa as a freshman. I'd be surprised I guess. Saturday January 30, 2010 6:43 Brian

Terry Vandrovec:
            The rumored reason is very personal - has nothing to do with football. I'll leave it at that.
            Wonder if it could have anything to do with the fact that he could be the #3 back next fall at Iowa? Feb. 3rd will be interesting to say the least..

Comment

Wonder if it could have anything to do with the fact that he could be the #3 back next fall at Iowa? Feb. 3rd will be interesting to say the least..
              Not sure that would be a personal reason. That sure would make the running back position lethal.

Comment

Iowa just had a RB transfer out, so I am not sure of that.

Comment

any idea who that rb was?

Comment

Iowa's #1 back took a medical redshirt this year-Robinson and Wegher basically split time. The #1 is back along with Robinson and Wegher if he stays. IF Wegher transfers out to an FCS school- he is going to get the ball 25 times a game. If he stays at Iowa he is looking at 10-15 carries a game at most. Plus it is possible that he might be redshirted next fall at Iowa and yes-he might be taking that personal.

Comment

any idea who that rb was?
                      According to collegefantasyfootballinsider.com, Josh Brown from Iowa is transferring. The site didn't say anything about Wegher transferring. But that would be sweet if its true.

Comment

Cool. ... Wegher would be very welcome addition to the team. Maybe he could bring a DB with him.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                          According to collegefantasyfootballinsider.com, Josh Brown from Iowa is transferring. The site didn't say anything about Wegher transferring. But that would be sweet if its true.
                          How are transfers handled as far as the press is concerned? Can this wait til Feb. 3rd or is it usualy made public before then?

Comment

How are transfers handled as far as the press is concerned? Can this wait til Feb. 3rd or is it usualy made public before then?
                            Once a player has officially enrolled at the new school he is transferring to, that school can release a statement on it. If a player is transferring for the spring it would happen now because I believe most schools have a 2 weeks or so deadline for a student to enroll after classes have started.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                              Josh Brown was listed as an athlete on the hawkeye roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X