Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

Think Wallace will stick around? I know it would be his senior year, but it looks like he will struggle to earn any playing time at all. I guess with Orris and Hess gone, maybe he slides in to an 8 or 9 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      I count 16 guys for 13 scholarships. If Dentlinger is non-scholarship for year one, that leaves 15 guys for 13 scholarships. I believe the roster maximum is 15 as well, so there will need to be some shuffling to get to that number even if Dentlinger and Brown are non-scholarship guys.
      I don't believe there is not a roster maximum limit.
      For example, Wisconsin has 17 on their roster.

Comment

It was either on Otz's radio show or Zimmer said on a chat that the coaches think Dykman can only play at the 5 spot. If that's the case, his opportunity for minutes will not be great with Daum around for hopefully two more years and Theisen for one. If he couldn't get time this year when we were short-handed at that position with Ian injured a lot, it won't be any easier in the future with two of Otz's recruits that are 6'8" coming in.

Comment

Wallace, El-Darwich, and Dykman are the three that many will speculate. Two will be gone. Any others would be a surprise. Tough decisions to be made.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Wallace, El-Darwich, and Dykman are the three that many will speculate. Two will be gone. Any others would be a surprise. Tough decisions to be made.
            There is no need for two of them to leave. Maybe one. And even that's debatable.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              There is no need for two of them to leave. Maybe one. And even that's debatable.
              If no one leaves there are 15 scholarship players on the roster with two non-scholarships (Brown-walkon & Dentlinger-grey shirt). That leaves the team two scholarships over. Two scholarship guys will need to leave. It doesn't matter if it's Daum or Dykman. Two guys will be leaving.

Maybe you're just saying they don't deserve to lose it. I'm guessing TJ didn't think he'd be taking his team to the NCAA the way the season was going. This makes his job tougher because a lot of guys stepped up at the end of the year.

There are other options: His JUCOs can stay another year at their school. Not sure if they have another year left there. And a HS recruit could go to prep school for a year. I'm not sure if either are possible for them.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

This begs the question,have some P-5 conferences thought about or are considering offering guaranteed 4 yr scholarship contracts in the future?If so,it's just another way for big money conferences to force more expense on the little guy, in my opinion to leverage an unfair advantage in the recruiting process.I do think athletes should get 4 yr scholarships though,but the scrutiny placed on them to determine if they are worthy will be greatly increased one would think.They should have that peace of mind IMO.

Comment

Both of the incoming JUCO's have played two years. Not sure if it still commitable, but we also offered McGrory the Edina,MN point guard a month or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    If no one leaves there are 15 scholarship players on the roster with two non-scholarships (Brown-walkon & Dentlinger-grey shirt). That leaves the team two scholarships over. Two scholarship guys will need to leave. It doesn't matter if it's Daum or Dykman. Two guys will be leaving.

Maybe you're just saying they don't deserve to lose it. I'm guessing TJ didn't think he'd be taking his team to the NCAA the way the season was going. This makes his job tougher because a lot of guys stepped up at the end of the year.

There are other options: His JUCOs can stay another year at their school. Not sure if they have another year left there. And a HS recruit could go to prep school for a year. I'm not sure if either are possible for them.
                    They could withdraw two schollarship offers,or show two the benefit of going elsewhere(?)They could also do one of each,but, over the limit is over the limit. Convince two players to play without a scholarship (highly doubtful)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
                      Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
                      Ian Theisen, Center
                      Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
                      Lane Severyn, Forward
                      Andre Wallace, Guard

Junior:
                      Mike Daum, Forward
                      Tevin King, Guard
                      Chris Howell, Guard
                      Brandon Key, Guard
                      Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
                      Sergio El Darwich, Guard
                      Adam Dykman, Forward
                      Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
                      Alou Dillon, Forward
                      Ryan Krueger, Guard
                      Alex Arians, Guard
                      Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)

2018:
                      Trevor Hansen, Post
                      Owen King, PG
                      Updated for end of season. I wonder how long it will take to learn who is leaving?
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

[QUOTE=WestSideRabbit;313024]Updated for end of season. I wonder how long it will take to learn who is leaving?[/QUOTE

After watching this season I don't see where Flatten has much of future at SDSU. I as much as any South Dakotan, I had high hopes for Skyler but it doesn't seem like TJ is on the same page.

Dykman - Seems like Doyle. I mean seriously, Theisen goes out out for how many games and you can't see the court for a minute.

Wallace, I don't know what to think.

El Darwich - Not TJ's guy, might not have a future.

Severyn - Filled a gap this year but I can't imagine is in the cards for next year.

Comment

Not sure if its been posted here yet, but http://verbalcommits.com/schools/south-dakota-state keeps a tally of who is on the team by year. Not sure how accurate this is.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackbacker123;313038]
                            Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Updated for end of season. I wonder how long it will take to learn who is leaving?[/QUOTE

After watching this season I don't see where Flatten has much of future at SDSU. I as much as any South Dakotan, I had high hopes for Skyler but it doesn't seem like TJ is on the same page.

Dykman - Seems like Doyle. I mean seriously, Theisen goes out out for how many games and you can't see the court for a minute.

Wallace, I don't know what to think.

El Darwich - Not TJ's guy, might not have a future.

Severyn - Filled a gap this year but I can't imagine is in the cards for next year.
                            I would have a bad time believing that flatten, severyn, and Wallace are going anywhere because unless they go down to d2 they won't have any eligibility to sit out a year. Also, flatten and severyn not playing isn't really new to them. It's. It like they were playing high minutes earlier in their careers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Carolina010;313047]
                              Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post

I would have a bad time believing that flatten, severyn, and Wallace are going anywhere because unless they go down to d2 they won't have any eligibility to sit out a year. Also, flatten and severyn not playing isn't really new to them. It's. It like they were playing high minutes earlier in their careers.
                              I would like to point out that Lane filled a very Griff Role at the end of the season and the D was much improved with his presence

Comment

[QUOTE=slosho;313070]
                                Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I would like to point out that Lane filled a very Griff Role at the end of the season and the D was much improved with his presence
                                Agree 100%. I've wanted him to see him play more for two years. I just wonder what his role will be next year? I will always hope for Flatten and Severyn to get minutes, I'm just not optimistic it will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X