Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Season Expectations and Predictions

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Big shoutout to you btw for keeping the football news coming during fall camp while our beat writer is off fangirling over an amateur baseball tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does this actually bother you?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Does this actually bother you?
      Well when I live in a place where there’s 5 stories a day coming out about the local team, he says on Twitter he does things like this for fun and his job is the SDSU beat writer, and he hasn’t put out an article about anything since camp started, yes it does. Especially when I only bought an Argus subscription specifically for Jacks coverage.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        Well when I live in a place where there’s 5 stories a day coming out about the local team, he says on Twitter he does things like this for fun and his job is the SDSU beat writer, and he hasn’t put out an article about anything since camp started, yes it does. Especially when I only bought an Argus subscription specifically for Jacks coverage.

1) Seems like your beef should be with the Argus. I'm fairly certain Zim's coverage area is much more broad than SDSU, considering he has to help cover USF and Augie

2) I count two articles about SDSU since camp started. Maybe you missed them?

3) Is he not allowed to do things for fun/have a life outside of work?

4) Again, I'd say your unhappiness should be directed at the Argus, not Zim, but that's just me.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

1) Seems like your beef should be with the Argus. I'm fairly certain Zim's coverage area is much more broad than SDSU, considering he has to help cover USF and Augie

4) Again, I'd say your unhappiness should be directed at the Argus, not Zim, but that's just me.
          According to Zim’s tweet today he does the USF and Augie stuff because h wants to and his full time responsibility is just SDSU. Have fun outside of work, but when your being outpaced by a guy with a full time job outside of the teams coverage then I take issue with it. And sorry guess I miscounted by one on the articles part.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I mean he did say that he is on the SDSU beat full time and occasionally he does other stuff because he wants to. If you judge by the past couple weeks, it seems like SDSU is more of a part time gig for him compared to the rest of the stuff he has put out. Just saying.

Comment

He gets a pass from me just because well he's not Mick. Not that I have a problem with the dude But I feel like we get more from Zim as far as quantity

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                He gets a pass from me just because well he's not Mick. Not that I have a problem with the dude But I feel like we get more from Zim as far as quantity
                Ha, that might be part of the problem. Mick sets an extremely low bar.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I mean he did say that he is on the SDSU beat full time and occasionally he does other stuff because he wants to. If you judge by the past couple weeks, it seems like SDSU is more of a part time gig for him compared to the rest of the stuff he has put out. Just saying.
                  I am guessing that in the summer SDSU is more of a part-time gig.

That is where bloggers fill the void.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Ha, that might be part of the problem. Mick sets an extremely low bar.
                    If we wouldn't have had TV first, I don't think anyone would notice Zims effort as much in providing coverage of Jackrabbit sports.But he seems like the 5'8, 260 lb overweight guy trying to high jump the bar set at 7 foot.I think he covers basketball in season pretty good though.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-11-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

If you're a fan of the Jackrabbits and don't regularly follow WestSide's Jackrabbit Illustrated, you're missing out on some good stuff. It's available on social media sites.

http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspot.com/
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Co worker showed me the new football uniforms on twitter. Looks like the shoulder stripes changed to the front by the collar bone is the only major change I noticed.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Our blue tops with the white is the best look we've had in years, followed by blue and yellow or all blue for home jerseys. The "Black Jacks" is one of the worst, imo. It was cool on Hobo Day 2016, and then they just kept using it as the alternate in the playoff game against Nova and a couple of times last year. Black and blue is not a good combo. If you go black, you gotta commit and get the black helmets and pants too. I'd rather see a white helmet or yellow helmet for the next alternate.
                          Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 08-14-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'm curious how the offensive line shakes out this year? Coach Eck just tweeted how Jack Domandle is "Stepping up with the 1st group."

In WestSide's blog last week, Domandle was listed in the "interior linemen who will provide depth" category. If Domandle is taking snaps with the first group, are they moving him in at center or guard? I hope it is center so we can have Genant and Weir occupy the right side of the line again. If that is the case, we will have a relatively "small" line. I say small despite all projected starters weighing in between 295 and 310 lbs. Unless things change from Westside's projections, Evan is the only one taller than 6'5". We will have five hogs with 6'5" to 6'8" frames occupying the depth chart. This doesn't include many of the freshmen. One thing for sure, you can never have too much depth on the offensive line.

Oops: I forgot about Evan Greenway as a projected starter in my original post.
                            Last edited by GopherHole; 08-14-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Our blue tops with the white is the best look we've had in years, followed by blue and yellow or all blue for home jerseys. The "Black Jacks" is one of the worst, imo. It was cool on Hobo Day 2016, and then they just kept using it as the alternate in the playoff game against Nova and a couple of times last year. Black and blue is not a good combo. If you go black, you gotta commit and get the black helmets and pants too. I'd rather see a white helmet or yellow helmet for the next alternate.
                              Agreed blue tops white pants then yellow pants. Don't care for the all blue that much. Atleast the yellow stripes in the blue pants helps. The road all whites is great. Just hate the white tops and yellow Pants combo. Agreed it's time to retire the black uniform. Black and blue look muddled together and the helmet didn't fit in at all. A white helmet to go with the white pants would be a great addition.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I still think we should do a pheasant themed uniform for the opening season weekend one year. I mean, we are South Dakota's team afterall...

Comment

Working...
                                X