Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seth Gross

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Interesting, if he was headed to UW, seems he would have left by now. This seems plausible.
    Not possible, he's used his regular redshirt and direct transfer already and can't leave for any institution until after this season assuming he graduates & receives a Medical Redshirt from the NCAA. As for a Doctor playing a part in all this, it is entirely possible that Seth would eventually need surgery but could have waited until after the season, but seeing an out to get back with Bone he opted to have surgery now. Seeing that there are several tricky and risky steps to pull of a move to go to Wisconsin and Bono and that those steps are falling into place makes the whole situation seem fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
      Not possible, he's used his regular redshirt and direct transfer already and can't leave for any institution until after this season assuming he graduates & receives a Medical Redshirt from the NCAA. As for a Doctor playing a part in all this, it is entirely possible that Seth would eventually need surgery but could have waited until after the season, but seeing an out to get back with Bone he opted to have surgery now. Seeing that there are several tricky and risky steps to pull of a move to go to Wisconsin and Bono and that those steps are falling into place makes the whole situation seem fishy.
      This thread is way over my head. I am done.

Comment

Interesting Post on the mats college forum. Go check it out.

I'm in the camp that if Seth wants to go, you have to let him go. If he doesn't want to be here, thanks for the memories and move forward. I, like everyone else just hope there isn't any tampering.

Now let's go get some nat tourny qualifiers. Go Jacks!

Comment

For guidance on understanding threads like this one, check out : Stone, Oliver, Weaving Plausible Conspiracies (St. Martin's Press, 2011).

And if the speculation turns out to be true, then I recommend: Ripley, Robert, Believe It Or Not: Once in a While I Get Lucky (Totally Random House, 1985).
          And if the speculation is just that, speculation, see this article: Byrne, David (October, 2008), Talking Heads: Just Havin' Fun on a Cold Winter Day, Men's Health, 58-59.

Too much caffeine. I'll leave now.

Comment

Another theory could be that he had the surgery with all intents and purposes to return to the Jackrabbits next year, but over the course of the year changed his mind.

As far as tampering goes, I just don't see it. An athlete is usually going to transfer to a school where they are comfortable with the coaching staff, and how much more comfortable can you be than with the coach that guided you to a natty?

I say let the kid leave. He will always be OUR national champion no matter where he transfers.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am not a smart enough wrestling mind. What are the pros/cons of wrestling college for a 6th year at your 3rd school vs starting your post collegiate career/professional/olympic career?

College:
              Pros: Ability to call yourself a (potential) 2 time national champion. More future self marketing. Another free year of school.
              Cons: 6 years is a lot of college. 2020 is an olympic year, not sure what the try out process is to make that team?

Olympic/Post Collegiate Career:
              Pros: Training at the Olympic Center(?) or at least practicing against better people than you get to practice against in most college wrestling rooms.
              Cons: Lack of money, really isn't much of an income in being a professional wrestler outside of whatever you can make yourself off the mat by being marketable. If you don't make the Olympic team, and already gave up your collegiate career and chance to call yourself a 2x Natty Champ, are you done and moving onto using your college degree to become an average Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Another theory could be that he had the surgery with all intents and purposes to return to the Jackrabbits next year, but over the course of the year changed his mind.
                He was ready to transfer before he got surgery
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I don't know about tampering but Bono and Reader have been liking a ton of Gross' tweets for awhile now
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Based off Seth Gross' tweets, I suspect that he has left the state.

https://twitter.com/GodsWrestler133/status/1105533524617187333

https://www.h1storywrestling.com/the-academy/

"Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know I will be home in MN this spring/summer and me and Coach Maolu will be starting up a freestyle club! Practices will run from 3/18 through 7/19. If you have any interest in a great training opportunity this summer..." https://t.co/4F9jallSMT

Last edited by AmberValley; 03-13-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post
                      Based off Seth Gross' tweets, I suspect that he has left the state.

https://twitter.com/GodsWrestler133/status/1105533524617187333

https://www.h1storywrestling.com/the-academy/

Not too sure about this. Kinda hard to graduate and grad-transfer if you're not in class (assuming that's what he does if he gets the medical redshirt.)
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Not too sure about this. Kinda hard to graduate and grad-transfer if you're not in class (assuming that's what he does if he gets the medical redshirt.)
                        There is such things as online classes. You know on that crazy thing called the internet. I have a buddy right now finishing up his degree from SDSU while living in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by I hate the wombat View Post
                          There is such things as online classes. You know on that crazy thing called the internet. I have a buddy right now finishing up his degree from SDSU while living in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My understanding (as uninformed as it may be) is that he moved mid-semester. This would have to mean that he would have to have been taking online classes already.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
                            My understanding (as uninformed as it may be) is that he moved mid-semester. This would have to mean that he would have to have been taking online classes already.
                            Does anybody know is he still dating Rhonna?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Check his Twitter. Pretty sure he is.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Are we not getting personal? Does it matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X