Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canada Trip 2-- Carleton

113-51 Final.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

And we have to play them again Sunday? How is that score possible?

Comment

We suck! Otz can't coach,we play no defense,let's play zone....wait we can't play zone. We won't even make the SLT. We are a dumpster fire. Why do we have names on the back of our jerseys for crying out loud! Did I miss anything from 2 years ago (which turned out pretty well). We will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          We suck! Otz can't coach,we play no defense,let's play zone....wait we can't play zone. We won't even make the SLT. We are a dumpster fire. Why do we have names on the back of our jerseys for crying out loud! Did I miss anything from 2 years ago (which turned out pretty well). We will be fine.
          Having a little fun are you? No problem here!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            And we have to play them again Sunday? How is that score possible?
            I'm actually quite happy that we play them on Sunday. Very interested to see how we respond.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

I never did like those moose huggers up north

Canada.jpg
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

A bit disconcerting to find a basketball program that dominates Canadian basketball in a way that UCLA did in the early sixties (and then some)-- and who could probably be NCAA Sweet Sixteen or better in most years and yet has high school type facilities-- I'm sure there's some US curling club that's better than anyone too, but if the crowds aren't there, they're not there.

Scott Nagy drafted two excellent African-Canadian players in Kai Williams and Taevaunn Prince. Taevaunn Prince? Wasn't he a bust? I saw him play several times with Missouri Southern and this guy WAS a D1 player! Simply ripped up the MIAA opposition-- D2 All American and Bevo Francis finalist. He looked sloppy at State, but very controlled in Joplin. Sorry that he left the Jacks, he was probably the best overall player that I've seen in attending Lindenwood games since they went D2.

Looking at Carleton's talent, which is probably better than any team we'll play this year, should we be recruiting Canada? Seems Nagy had an eye up there and his successor doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  I'm actually quite happy that we play them on Sunday. Very interested to see how we respond.
                  Hard to imagine Otz going off on the team for a poor performance in August, but I'm sure he will remind them that they did not represent themselves very well in the first game.

Comment

The Ravens' report about the slaughter at the "Nest" in Ottawa:

https://goravens.ca/news/mens-basket...e-jackrabbits/
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Looking for ponies in this pile of horse crap, looks like Ryan Krueger notched three threes. Is that a good thing, or just background noise in a blood bath?

Comment

and... their uniforms look a bit better than last year.

Comment

Did we play the Toronto Raptors or something?? Wouldn’t expect to get beat by 60+ against ANY team. I get it, it’s August, but I’m still pretty confused by this outcome.

One thing I will say is no Tevin King is a HUGE factor for this team. They don’t score 113 with Tevin on the floor. Such an underrated player. Everyone loves high point scorers. I’ll take defense rebounding and efficient offense any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                            A bit disconcerting to find a basketball program that dominates Canadian basketball in a way that UCLA did in the early sixties (and then some)-- and who could probably be NCAA Sweet Sixteen or better in most years and yet has high school type facilities-- I'm sure there's some US curling club that's better than anyone too, but if the crowds aren't there, they're not there.

Scott Nagy drafted two excellent African-Canadian players in Kai Williams and Taevaunn Prince. Taevaunn Prince? Wasn't he a bust? I saw him play several times with Missouri Southern and this guy WAS a D1 player! Simply ripped up the MIAA opposition-- D2 All American and Bevo Francis finalist. He looked sloppy at State, but very controlled in Joplin. Sorry that he left the Jacks, he was probably the best overall player that I've seen in attending Lindenwood games since they went D2.

Looking at Carleton's talent, which is probably better than any team we'll play this year, should we be recruiting Canada? Seems Nagy had an eye up there and his successor doesn't.
                            It seems there were only 23 Canadian players in the NCAA tournament last year. I am guessing the cost analysis would say it really isn't worth the expense to recruit up there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              It seems there were only 23 Canadian players in the NCAA tournament last year. I am guessing the cost analysis would say it really isn't worth the expense to recruit up there.
                              Or that it's under recruited.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                                Or that it's under recruited.
                                It comes down to how you want to allocate your resources. SDSU can get a lot more value in their recruiting dollars staying in the States over driving all over Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X