"Leathernecks need to get Bigger and to get Better"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Leathernecks need to get Bigger and to get Better"

Article about the last weeks game against WIU. Good read.

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/articl.../SPORTS/?tag=1

Interesting quotes from Jim Molinari.

"I think South Dakota State is the favorite to win the tournament," Molinari said. "They play it at home, they have four or five seniors, they're well-coached, they have a heck of a team and it's going to take a heck of a team to beat them."

"The Summit League is coming, so we have to keep it going," he said. "Omaha is getting a new arena, IUPUI is getting a new arena, North Dakota State is getting a new practice arena, South Dakota is getting a new arena. Right now, I think the Summit League can compete with The (Missouri) Valley with the exception of Wichita State and Indiana State."

Re: "Leathernecks need to get Bigger and to get Better"

"South Dakota State beat Belmont by 20 and they're (Belmont) going to win the Ohio Valley. We've added Denver and Oral Roberts, our league is going to be a monster."

Comment

This is more meaningful coming from a guy who has coached at DePaul, Northern Illinois, Bradley, Minnesota, and Ball State.

This league could be really, really exciting in the coming seasons if Douple can hold it all together and add that 10 team to the league.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        This is more meaningful coming from a guy who has coached at DePaul, Northern Illinois, Bradley, Minnesota, and Ball State.

This league could be really, really exciting in the coming seasons if Douple can hold it all together and add that 10 team to the league.
        Man, I just get all giddy thinking how great the Summit League tourney will be next year in the 12,000 seat events center. Going to be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Man, I just get all giddy thinking how great the Summit League tourney will be next year in the 12,000 seat events center. Going to be insane.
          When do Summit tourney tickets for next year go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            SF Sports Authority said they would make an announcement on that real soon. Will be selling during this year's tourney.

@SFSportsAuth Feb 18
            Yes. Details on dates will be coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Last year they went on sale during the tournament. I assume it will be the same this year.

I would guess there will be high initial demand as fans like myself are tired of sitting in the nosebleeds and will be itching for a chance at lower level seating.

It would be AMAZING to sell out a session or two the first year in the place. It could happen, but would require a perfect storm involving SDSU/USD/NDSU and maybe Omaha.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Last year they went on sale during the tournament. I assume it will be the same this year.

I would guess there will be high initial demand as fans like myself are tired of sitting in the nosebleeds and will be itching for a chance at lower level seating.

It would be AMAZING to sell out a session or two the first year in the place. It could happen, but would require a perfect storm involving SDSU/USD/NDSU and maybe Omaha.
                I saw you last year. You weren't in the nosebleeds!

I am fearful that the lower level seating will be eaten up by corporate sponsorships - even more so than the current Summit Tourney at the Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  I saw you last year. You weren't in the nosebleeds!

I am fearful that the lower level seating will be eaten up by corporate sponsorships - even more so than the current Summit Tourney at the Arena.
                  It might take more frogskins to get the same seats this next year. We will need to make payments on the extra seats.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                  X