Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    All I know is that the scoreboard is going to get a workout.

USD has a big ol' pile of intangibles on their side (revenge from so many beat downs in the main sports, loud and hungry crowd, lose and they might be done). That's enough to make them extremely dangerous and I would not be shocked if they won by 14. I think SDSU has a big "on paper" advantage, considering our obvious strength is scoring via the pass and USD is missing half their cornerbacks. That's a huge deal if TC can get any time to throw. A safety is going to be tied up helping out with Weineke on virtually every play unless they want to see him one-on-one against a second-string corner. Their LB's look vulnerable too and either one of them or another backup CB has to cover Goedert. Spread those two out downfield and let's see what that USD defense can do about it.
    I don't know a ton about USD's defensive scheme, but I would think missing their CBs they would play something resembling a deep cover 2. I bet they would live with SDSU beating them with underneath passes on long sustained drives. What they can't do is allow SDSU to have those big plays.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The Jacks open up as a 2.5 point favorite on Saturday, the over/under is 69 points.

Comment

The Dome is such an x-factor. Think of how many times SDSU has been clearly the better team (football, basketball) and gone to the Dome and either lost (basketball) or had the game be way too close (football). I remember when I was regularly attending USD games in the early to mid-2000s when they were still D2, they would destroy people in that building and then lose games on the road to inferior opponents. Something about that building changes how they play.

It has me terrified. That and Streveler.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          The Dome is such an x-factor. Think of how many times SDSU has been clearly the better team (football, basketball) and gone to the Dome and either lost (basketball) or had the game be way too close (football). I remember when I was regularly attending USD games in the early to mid-2000s when they were still D2, they would destroy people in that building and then lose games on the road to inferior opponents. Something about that building changes how they play.

It has me terrified. That and Streveler.
          I hated the Dome for basketball because it was a huge advantage for those used to shooting there, hence why we've laid so many eggs there.

For football, I think the Dome is more advantageous to high powered offenses, and in the past, we were more of a ground and pound team. The past couple years we've seen a shift in our offense and it's almost as if we are built more for indoor football than even our own home stadium, which makes me feel better about this game. Hopefully this, and playing in the Fargodome so much recently will help us pull this one out.

Far from a gimme, but I think we win if Streveler doesn't run wild.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
            The Jacks open up as a 2.5 point favorite on Saturday, the over/under is 69 points.
            Already up to 4.5 (unfortunately). I can see it getting up to 7.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              I haven't seen enough of them to know, but they were playing well earlier... not lately.

I was impressed with ISU's defense on Saturday.
              USD really wasn’t playing that great of defense tbh. It was more of who they were playing. A bad UND, ISUb, and SIU are their best performances (as they should have been). However against the top half of the conference it hasn’t gone nearly as well. However to add to that they were on the road for 3/4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

My Preview: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...th-dakota.html

SDSU's Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqZWbZyqEs

Crazy Stat I want to highlight: The Coyotes average 30 minutes of time of possession but average an astounding 82.8 plays per game. For reference, the Jacks also average 30 minutes of time of possession but run only 66.5 plays per game. For additional reference, in 2012, Oregon ran 82.8 plays per game which was an FBS record at the time.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  My Preview: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...th-dakota.html

SDSU's Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqZWbZyqEs

Crazy Stat I want to highlight: The Coyotes average 30 minutes of time of possession but average an astounding 82.8 plays per game. For reference, the Jacks also average 30 minutes of time of possession but run only 66.5 plays per game. For additional reference, in 2012, Oregon ran 82.8 plays per game which was an FBS record at the time.
                  One thing that concerns me as of late is the amount of penalties. We started out doing so well limiting them. Now it seems like they are increasing and coming at the worst possible moments. Even with the uptick in penalties the Yotes still have 20+ more penalties on the year over us. Let's hope the yellow flag flu has been curtailed after being on the upswing the last few weeks.

Also Jake has yet to have his breakout yardage game, he hasn't even broke 100 yds. He loves playing in Domes and his first game in the DakotaDome netted 180 yards. TC has done a good job of spreading the ball but I think this is the game where Jake gets 150+, I'd hate to be a safety wearing red in Vermillion this Saturday. Double Jake, double Dallas...might be a long day if TC is on early. Stick went 11/12 for 300+, I doubt Tc has a comp % like that but I can see 300+. Throw in the fact that the Yotes D may get spread out and that'll open it up for Mengarelli. I like our chances.

Comment

Here’s my analysis for the game, plant streveler into the turf all game and we win that simple .
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I did some light reading and looked at the game by game scores for this series. Based on the information from the USD Media Guide, we are currently enjoying an 8 game win streak against USD dating back to 2001. This is SDSU's longest win streak in the series and it ties USD's longest win streak which was accomplished from 1935-1942. Win on Saturday and we are officially in the midst of the most dominant run to ever occur in the SDSU vs USD football series. All time series record is 53-51-7, advantage SDSU.

SDSU's Media Guide doesn't list the individual game scores, but just gives the all time series record, which is 52-50-7, advantage SDSU. What is with the 2 game discrepancy in the overall series records listed by both schools? I think this was discussed in the past and it related to one school, most likely SDSU, counting a few games as exhibitions so those games didn't count in the official records? Anyone know for sure?

Comment

So, just like last year, we go on the road to a dome with a possible seed on the line. I hope it ends up the same way.

Comment

KWSN Twitter Poll Question: "How much would you like to see USD and SDSU play its football game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood Field, a neutral site, with an even number of tickets going to each school?"

I picked "Never, Stay on Campus"

https://twitter.com/KWSNSports/statu...77521259847680

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            KWSN Twitter Poll Question: "How much would you like to see USD and SDSU play its football game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood Field, a neutral site, with an even number of tickets going to each school?"

Why would SDSU take a step back in facilities?
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              Why would SDSU take a step back in facilities?
                              I don't see why either school would want to give up their advantage. Sioux Falls or some donors or businesses would really need to make it worth it money wise to consider moving the game to sf. I would argue to play it in Brookings every year just For the bigger nicer stadium.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Good lord no!!! why??? what does HWF hold, 10-12K? Ridiculousness to ever even consider it on our part.

Comment

Working...
                                X