2017-18 OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 OOC

From Seat Geek. - Ks has the second hottest ticket behind Duke. Avg price $171 up from $127 last year!

Nothing showing on their site or Stub Hub as yet.

Comment

Oops! Looks like that Seat Geek article was written in Nov 2015!

Comment

If money isn't an issue grab tickets when you can get them. Otherwise, if you wait they often come down in price as the event approaches, of course, you run the risk of not getting decent seats or enough seats together. I booked a hotel for that Friday night. Oread and Eldridge both want a 2 night minimum, $230/night, refundable up to 60 days before the date. I can't stay 2 nights.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For secondary-market KU game tickets, I'll put in an unsolicited and uncompensated plug for Tickets For Less . . . local KC company that I've had good experiences with in the past for KU, Chiefs, and Royals tickets.

Kansas Jayhawks basketball in Allen Fieldhouse is one of those places that a real basketball fan absolutely must experience at least once. It's old, rickety, cramped and incredibly loud, raucous, and joyous--mostly because KU is running whoever they're playing completely off the court, out of the building, and across the parking lots (of which there are far too few--expect to park on a nearby neighborhood street!).
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            For secondary-market KU game tickets, I'll put in an unsolicited and uncompensated plug for Tickets For Less . . . local KC company that I've had good experiences with in the past for KU, Chiefs, and Royals tickets.

Kansas Jayhawks basketball in Allen Fieldhouse is one of those places that a real basketball fan absolutely must experience at least once. It's old, rickety, cramped and incredibly loud, raucous, and joyous--mostly because KU is running whoever they're playing completely off the court, out of the building, and across the parking lots (of which there are far too few--expect to park on a nearby neighborhood street!).
            What he said. Went to a KU game when I worked in Manhattan at Fort Riley. And there's not a horrible seat in the place. Go explore the Fieldhouse. Single game KU MBB tickets are not yet on sale, so you might be able to buy directly from KU too.

Comment

Scalpers are usually around the Fieldhouse or across street in parking lot before games if you want to go that route. I have used tickets for less in the past and had good luck.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The bracket is out for the Cayman Island games. SDSU plays Wyoming to begin and the winner of Iowa/Louisiana match against the winner of Jackrabbit game. 'Richmond/UAB and Cincinnati/Buffalo are the other bracket.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  The bracket is out for the Cayman Island games. SDSU plays Wyoming to begin and the winner of Iowa/Louisiana match against the winner of Jackrabbit game. 'Richmond/UAB and Cincinnati/Buffalo are the other bracket.
                  So, we're in the "upper" bracket?
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Looks like SDSU will play Ole Miss on Nov. 28.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...062717aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      Looks like SDSU will play Ole Miss on Nov. 28.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...062717aaa.html
                      New arena and never been to Oxford. Might be worth a trip.

Comment

Schedule is out and the home portion is horrid.
                        https://t.co/IWSvXaJfBS
                        University of Mary, Dakota State, Concordia (Nebraska) and Presentation are some great home blowout games. Thanks IUPUI!
                        At least the road schedule puts us to the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                          Schedule is out and the home portion is horrid.
                          https://t.co/IWSvXaJfBS
                          University of Mary, Dakota State, Concordia (Nebraska) and Presentation are some great home blowout games. Thanks IUPUI!
                          At least the road schedule puts us to the challenge.
                          Alabama St may not be much better than the 8-23 from 2016-17. They have another opportunity to play a tough UC Irvine. They will need to win a game or two in the Caymans. 12-5 would be great in the OOC....10-7 would also be in the reality zone. Good road games make up for some of the easier home contests. Maybe IUPUI will get on our OOC games in the future(although Oakland never did). It would have been nice to get Missouri St to come to Frost. Hopefully, Frost does not get too quiet in OOC portion.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Ha, so we are playing Dakota State in Men's basketball too. I'll just repeat what I said in the Women's basketball thread: It will be interesting to see Ty Hoglund (GPAC freshman of the year, 18 ppg) play against SDSU. I think he should have been given a stronger look.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Ha, so we are playing Dakota State in Men's basketball too. I'll just repeat what I said in the Women's basketball thread: It will be interesting to see Ty Hoglund (GPAC freshman of the year, 18 ppg) play against SDSU. I think he should have been given a stronger look.
                              Hoglund plays for Dakota Wesleyan not DSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                                Hoglund plays for Dakota Wesleyan not DSU.
                                Son of A!!!!! I screwed up again... I guess I just want it to happen. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X