Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018/2019 Roster

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Is the new practice facility open. Some of the scenes of the Jacks aren't from Frost or anywhere else that I recognize.
    The old Barn.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Nice videos on Mims and King, I assume there will be one for Fiegen soon. Any thoughts/predictions on who will redshirt out of those 3? I'm guessing Mims and Fiegen redshirt, with King working his way to be the 6th or 7th man (Dillon being the other likely 6th or 7th man). Anyone think either Dentlinger, Arians, and Krueger will contribute much? If Dillon turns out to be as good as advertised, I don't see Dentlinger getting much for minutes unless Daum and Dillon start playing side by side a bunch. It seems like King is going to carve out any minutes Arians or Krueger would have taken, but that's just my thoughts. Anyone else have different thoughts on the young guys?

King https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIVe_Nz5YGQ

Mims https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZDUnU0x434
      My guess, and this is just a WAG, is that Fiegen redshirts. And most likely Mims. The quote I read from Otz about Owen King sounds like they consider him ready to go.

Out of last year's redshirts... Ariens/Detlinger/Krueger/Dillon... It's pretty obvious that they are planning on Dillon to play. Of the other three I think Krueger probably gets the most time? Good size at 6'6" and an excellent 3 point shooter.
      -Detlinger behind Daum/Dillon... just not many minutes there?
      -same kind of thinking for Arians with Key/King and possibly O. King as well.

I'm just guessing. I could be completely wrong.

Comment

When the NCAA relaxed the red shirting rule was that only for football?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          When the NCAA relaxed the red shirting rule was that only for football?
          Football only

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            My guess, and this is just a WAG, is that Fiegen redshirts. And most likely Mims. The quote I read from Otz about Owen King sounds like they consider him ready to go.

Out of last year's redshirts... Ariens/Detlinger/Krueger/Dillon... It's pretty obvious that they are planning on Dillon to play. Of the other three I think Krueger probably gets the most time? Good size at 6'6" and an excellent 3 point shooter.
            -Detlinger behind Daum/Dillon... just not many minutes there?
            -same kind of thinking for Arians with Key/King and possibly O. King as well.

I'm just guessing. I could be completely wrong.
            Sounds like we're in the same boat. This is the earliest I've ever been excited about the upcoming basketball season. Between having the best player ever at SDSU entering his senior season and an outstanding freshman coming back and hopefully taking his game to another level... this should be a really fun year.

Comment

While doing my cardiac rehab on Friday, the entire roster came up on the second floor and went into an equipment loaded room and rode bikes, NuStep and treadmills and stuff. Conditioning I suppose, but these guys are not tiny and look like they are getting in shape. My guess is that they will be ready to go by the time the snow flies late this year. Hoping for a couple of Indian Summers, and then some good basketball.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 07-28-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                While doing my cardiac rehab on Friday, the entire roster came up on the second floor and went into an equipment loaded room and rode bikes, NuStep and treadmills and stuff. Conditioning I suppose, but these guys are not tiny and look like they are getting in shape. My guess is that they will be ready to go by the time the snow flies late this year. Hoping for a couple of Indian Summers, and then some good basketball.
                I believe it's only a couple of weeks before the Canada trip, so they are likely hitting things hard to be ready for that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I believe it's only a couple of weeks before the Canada trip, so they are likely hitting things hard to be ready for that.
                  That's right, I forgot about that.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/JackrabbitM...3942568333354/

A new video from the men's team. Three quick takeaways:

1. Defense is obviously being stressed.
                    2. Daum looks like he dropped about 15 pounds.
                    3. Tevin King is on crutches with his ankle wrapped - the young guards might get a little more time on the Canada trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      https://www.facebook.com/JackrabbitM...3942568333354/

A new video from the men's team. Three quick takeaways:

1. Defense is obviously being stressed.
                      2. Daum looks like he dropped about 15 pounds.
                      3. Tevin King is on crutches with his ankle wrapped - the young guards might get a little more time on the Canada trip.
                      I happened to wander past Daum at the Brookings Arts Festival a few weekends ago. I wanted to buy the dude a funnel cake.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I happened to wander past Daum at the Brookings Arts Festival a few weekends ago. I wanted to buy the dude a funnel cake.
                        He looks fit as hell. Excited to see how this improves his game, as I don't think it will take away from it in any way. I'm guessing with the weight/strength program he's on, he didn't lose any muscle while losing weight.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          He looks fit as hell. Excited to see how this improves his game, as I don't think it will take away from it in any way. I'm guessing with the weight/strength program he's on, he didn't lose any muscle while losing weight.
                          He may still need to put on some muscle. He is very thin. The next stage may be to add strength.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            He may still need to put on some muscle. He is very thin. The next stage may be to add strength.
                            I think the loss of weight increases the odds that Dillon and Dentlinger will split time at the post. It will be hard for Mike to defend the bigger post players without getting pushed around, and stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

I think the loss of weight increases the odds that Dillon and Dentlinger will split time at the post. It will be hard for Mike to defend the bigger post players without getting pushed around, and stay out of foul trouble.
                              I think he had to drop the weight to find a position at the next level. He wasn't going to be a 4/5 in the NBA. And he was playing a bit heavy to be a 3/4. It will be interesting to see how much quickness he has gained.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Dillon might just be the perfect 4 for the Jackrabbits. Hopefully Dentlinger can pick up his game to be a serviceable backup or we may see Dillon shift at times and a 4 guard lineup since the roster is pointed that way. Daum will not likely get pushed around more than he has in the past and I would expect to see him add a few pounds in muscle which would not alter his 7% body fat.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X