Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I am 1000000% against this. You'd be cutting off alumni from outside the area off from being able to watch the games. The games aren't just on locally.
    Two points. Living in Tucson, the only way I get to see Jack football and basketball is with ESPN+ with the Midco feed. Otherwise it would be strictly Wnax streaming only. Second, I can tell you the U of Ariz is struggling with the same problems. The stadium is usually 2/3 full and students rarely fill their section. U of A is a basketball school and dwindling football attendance is a big problem.

Comment

Apparently KU football's ears were burning after people were talking about how bad they are... Tonight they went to Boston College as 19.5 pt dogs and won by 24!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Apparently KU football's ears were burning after people were talking about how bad they are... Tonight they went to Boston College as 19.5 pt dogs and won by 24!
        Good for them. I am pulling for the JayHawks.

Comment

Kansas State is at Mississippi State on ESPN . . . MSU's stadium is not full. Decent crowd but nowhere near capacity (which is ~61,000). MSU picked to be somewhere in the middle of the SEC this year.

Mississippi State is one of the mainstays of ringing cowbells at games, by the way.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Heard on the Drake pregame from AD Sell that they're looking at a "beer garden" of some kind, possibly between Frost and DJD.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

20/20 hindsight idea: instead of the current east side configuration, put say 3/5 of the current number of east side rows where they are now, then put a couple of levels of suites in, then put the other 1/2 of the east side rows on top of the suites. It would look a LOT better on TV. You could market the suites as "family suites" or "budget suites" and include concession vouchers or something with the suite tickets. You could sell the now-upper east side level as dirt-cheap tickets. That configuration would trap sound better than what actually got built. Plus, you could put the visitor's section at the north end of the now-upper level of the east side, getting them farther from the field.

But, 20/20 hindsight. Woulda shoulda coulda.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I moved the Drake game posts to the Drake GDT.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...Drake-Bulldogs
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

11,565 today, according to Midco. It looked better than last week, but still not a good showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    11,565 today, according to Midco. It looked better than last week, but still not a good showing.
                    Respectfully disagree. With major disasters this week could have cost 1k. People were sandbagging within 20 miles from the stadium. Was happy with size and involvement. It's ok to admit the stadium is too big for us right now. I'm a big believer to have smaller to drive demand and experience at venues.

Also, perception is everything. Constant negative focus on crowd from Argus and poor vantage on Midco doesn't help at all for those that haven't been to decent games. Show the home side for once. Maybe that's actually something Dept can affect.

As an alternative, look at the tweet from assistant coaches wife showing packed student and band sections.

However do need to step up consessions, too slow and close too early. And speakers are rough and impact my experience somewhat. Just doesn't sound right.

I like the fact U games will be earlier. Every year should have a packed rowdy game and should help to spill over to other games.

I can't make all games but looking forward to the games with more energy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, Saturday after tornados and a flood disaster with people sandbagging and closing several highways in SE SD will affect attendance. Add to that a minor opponent and Presidents Bowl in SF. Attendance wasn't great but also not terrible. It will improve going forward.

Also agree with comments on sound. Seriously, get speakers on the north end so the south end isn't blown out. So much more can be done with scoreboard and sound. Improvements are needed.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Yes, Saturday after tornados and a flood disaster with people sandbagging and closing several highways in SE SD will affect attendance. Add to that a minor opponent and Presidents Bowl in SF. Attendance wasn't great but also not terrible. It will improve going forward.

Also agree with comments on sound. Seriously, get speakers on the north end so the south end isn't blown out. So much more can be done with scoreboard and sound. Improvements are needed.
                        I agree re. sound on south side. This is one reason why I think they'd be hesitant to move the band or students to east side. It seems highly unlikely folks are going to pay to sit directly underneath blaring speakers.

Comment

I hope people realize that a scoreboard and speakers on the north end of the stadium are in the works. Athletics would love to have those, but that cost money. I'm sure we won't see anything like that until after Frost is renovated and the new Wrestling room is built. We don't have the budget to do all those things at once.

Also, I think they need to train the sound guy more. It is too loud at moments and it bothers me how long music is being played after the huddles break on the field (also when the sound is blaring over the band.) I'm pretty sure the video board is controlled in a room in Frost, so is the sound controlled there, too?
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            I hope people realize that a scoreboard and speakers on the north end of the stadium are in the works. Athletics would love to have those, but that cost money. I'm sure we won't see anything like that until after Frost is renovated and the new Wrestling room is built. We don't have the budget to do all those things at once.

Also, I think they need to train the sound guy more. It is too loud at moments and it bothers me how long music is being played after the huddles break on the field (also when the sound is blaring over the band.) I'm pretty sure the video board is controlled in a room in Frost, so is the sound controlled there, too?
                            Video is controlled from Frost, but the sound levels are controlled from in the stadium.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

You're right, it is crazy loud at times, and I'm at the 15 yd line on the NorthWest side. I'm all for loud music and creating an atmosphere, but it's obnoxiously loud sometimes.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised of the attendance this week. With everything that when on this week. Good weather will truly bring more fans. I have another rant about the backyard. There are a few spots that where empty this week or partially empty. There is wait list for spots and people are not using them or not fully utilizing them. and then there are spots with a lot of people. The backyard is just totally different you have the hardcore every weekend warriors. The Corporate spots and the we want a spots or the really good games(beef bowl/HoboDays/NDSU). I think that this affects the backyard a lot. Our group has even discussed moving out next for a better atmosphere. The bad thing is im not sure how to fix it.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X