• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    Very true.

A - never thought Dixie State would be in Utah
    Me neither. Apparently the area had a fairly substantial population from southern US and was known for growing crops like cotton and tobacco during Civil War Era.

Comment

Was looking up the 2019 football schedule (googled it for what its worth) and it shows Long Island University coming to brookings instead of deleware state? Long Island is in its first year transitioning from d2 and is in the Northeast Conference (same as duquesne, robert morris, etc). Couldn't find anything from sdsu that would verify this. They were pretty good in d2 last year, going 10-1 but would have to think the competition wasn't that great

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Was looking up the 2019 football schedule (googled it for what its worth) and it shows Long Island University coming to brookings instead of deleware state? Long Island is in its first year transitioning from d2 and is in the Northeast Conference (same as duquesne, robert morris, etc). Couldn't find anything from sdsu that would verify this. They were pretty good in d2 last year, going 10-1 but would have to think the competition wasn't that great
        I'm not sure on that. FBSchedules.com still has Delaware State coming to Brookings on September 7th.

https://fbschedules.com/south-dakota...ball-schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          I'm not sure on that. FBSchedules.com still has Delaware State coming to Brookings on September 7th.

https://fbschedules.com/south-dakota...ball-schedule/
          Yeah I saw that too. Just find it odd that neither school has any sort of official announcement of it. Either way, as long as it is a winnable home game I think we will mostly all be happy

Comment

Maybe we could do a doubleheader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I saw that too. Just find it odd that neither school has any sort of official announcement of it. Either way, as long as it is a winnable home game I think we will mostly all be happy
              In the past few days I saw a graphic of our final football schedule on social media somewhere. And of course, now I can't find it. It was an all yellow graphic with blue writing. I can't even remember if it was on Facebook or Twitter. I did put all the home games on my personal calendar though. 98% sure what is on the link above is accurate. No Long Island U. and we do have Delaware coming in to play on 9/7.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                In the past few days I saw a graphic of our final football schedule on social media somewhere. And of course, now I can't find it. It was an all yellow graphic with blue writing. I can't even remember if it was on Facebook or Twitter. I did put all the home games on my personal calendar though. 98% sure what is on the link above is accurate. No Long Island U. and we do have Delaware coming in to play on 9/7.
                I saw what I think you are referring to on FB. But can’t remember what entity posted it?

Comment

Here is a site with all of the fcs schedules and partial schedules out as far as 2028 where known. SDSU/Delaware State shows up on both of their schedules

https://fbschedules.com/football-cha...p-subdivision/

Long Island University is and interesting case. There are two campuses, Brooklyn and Post each of which have had separate athletic programs. Brooklyn has been division I for many years, Post is DII. They are twenty five miles apart but are merging the two athletic programs. The school is going to provide transportation to get athletes from one campus to the other. As a part of the merger, Post athletic teams are being elevated to DI. Only Post has football so effective this fall they become an FCS program.

Comment

Well you were right. Long Island is coming to Brookings instead of Delaware State.

This game is a D1 counter right?

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/4/4/20...finalized.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Well you were right. Long Island is coming to Brookings instead of Delaware State.

This game is a D1 counter right?

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/4/4/20...finalized.aspx
                      North Alabama (2018 was their first year as an FCS) counted for NDSU last year, so LIU should count for us this year. If they are officially FCS, they count. Eligibility for the playoffs will take 3 more years for LIU, but they should count as a DI for the schools that play them up until that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        Here is a site with all of the fcs schedules and partial schedules out as far as 2028 where known. SDSU/Delaware State shows up on both of their schedules

https://fbschedules.com/football-cha...p-subdivision/
                        Believe Delaware was also listed on the season ticket renewal form as well. Looks like Delaware has Bison at home the following weekend, so I wonder if that influenced their desire for schedule change.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          Believe Delaware was also listed on the season ticket renewal form as well. Looks like Delaware has Bison at home the following weekend, so I wonder if that influenced their desire for schedule change.
                          That's the UD Blue Hens hosting NDSU. We were set to host Delaware State out of the MEAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            That's the UD Blue Hens hosting NDSU. We were set to host Delaware State out of the MEAC.
                            My mistake. Guess I was so stoked to get the renewal, I didn't look closely enough for the "St." on that date.

Comment

Game against Drake being moved to Brookings. Looks like a 7 game home schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                                Game against Drake being moved to Brookings. Looks like a 7 game home schedule this year.
                                I wonder why the change. That would have been a good game for Drake to host. Quality opponent at home, and I'm sure plenty of Jacks fan would make the trip to increase revenue.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X