Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating

Tailgating seems to be down significantly in the North area. They have removed the students, barred liquor and made it significantly worse. We need to find ways to improve this experience or there will be more empty spaces in the North side.

Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    Tailgating seems to be down significantly in the North area. They have removed the students, barred liquor and made it significantly worse. We need to find ways to improve this experience or there will be more empty spaces in the North side.
    The thing about the empty spaces is that they have a "waiting list" to get in the backyard. The folks that show up for 1 game a year annoy me, especially when there are others who want to be in the backyard weekly. It would be nice if they tracked who attended and who didn't and then maybe suggested to the renters who weren't there frequently that they just get a spot in a paved lot. That would open it up for folks who want to tailgate in the backyard every game.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      The thing about the empty spaces is that they have a "waiting list" to get in the backyard. The folks that show up for 1 game a year annoy me, especially when there are others who want to be in the backyard weekly. It would be nice if they tracked who attended and who didn't and then maybe suggested to the renters who weren't there frequently that they just get a spot in a paved lot. That would open it up for folks who want to tailgate in the backyard every game.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
        I have thought this as well...but as I have walked to the other lots before the game there is much more people tailgating in the other lots than ever before. I believe that has something to do with the Backyard being less populated.

Agree with Westside, who is my next door neighbor in the a Backyard, the people who only show up for 1-2 games/year in their spot need to removed. We finally had a space next to us that is filled every week after it never being used for the previous 3 years.

Comment

I am really curious how they enforce a no hard liquor policy.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

I always drink crown. Never got caught

Comment

Yeah I had a lot (re: too much) during Hobo Day and no one said anything to me.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That is what happens when you set something up as a way to generate revenue and not a gameday experience. Why even have the entire north area be reserved? Why not just have a few spots be reserved (at a premium price), but let the rest be open?
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Just don't have it out in the open. Should be fine.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the hard liquor rule was meant for the younger crowd. They would carry handles of hard liquor and take pulls out of it. They were thinking (and probably correct) that if you could cut down on that, things wouldn't get so crazy at times.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Just don't have it out in the open. Should be fine.
                      We had a bloody mary bar at Hobo Day. Zero problems. The rule is in place mainly to stop students from walking around with a handle of captain.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It is to stop anyone from walking around with a bottle. Let's not pretend that just the students do that kid of jazz.

I remember the days when you couldn't have cans and we had to pour our beers into solo cups. Then they changed the rule to it being in a koozy.

Part of me really misses the days when the tailgate was just getting going. It was a bit lawless, but everyone was pretty well behaved.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          It is to stop anyone from walking around with a bottle. Let's not pretend that just the students do that kid of jazz.

I remember the days when you couldn't have cans and we had to pour our beers into solo cups. Then they changed the rule to it being in a koozy.

Part of me really misses the days when the tailgate was just getting going. It was a bit lawless, but everyone was pretty well behaved.
                          Still have solo cup rules on Fargo......

Comment

It was borderline harassment on the hard liquor rule the first game. They actually came into our group and asked us what was in our solo cups. Since that they have relaxed things a bit. As long as you don't have bottles sitting out in the open there should be no problems. In other words just don't be stupid about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              It was borderline harassment on the hard liquor rule the first game. They actually came into our group and asked us what was in our solo cups. Since that they have relaxed things a bit. As long as you don't have bottles sitting out in the open there should be no problems. In other words just don't be stupid about it.
                              This is the experience we had as well. Someone (not UPD) just asked that we don't have our hard liquor bottles out in the open. This was game 2 or 3. We were more than happy to oblige. This was the first time I had heard of such a rule but I didn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X