Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
    I went to Tea’s graduation last weekend and he had a * by his name for having good grades. I heard Noah is very smart but getting him to class is so sometimes difficult. He will be fine. He was a senior. It was his last chance to really screw off before life gets serious.
    I said this before, If a student athlete transcript is lacking, there is no offer to sign a letter of intent. It’s that simple. Good to hear Noah has good grades.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
      I went to Tea’s graduation last weekend and he had a * by his name for having good grades. I heard Noah is very smart but getting him to class is so sometimes difficult. He will be fine. He was a senior. It was his last chance to really screw off before life gets serious.
      The eligibility comment had nothing to do with grades. It was a troll from a jealous fan base. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        The eligibility comment had nothing to do with grades. It was a troll from a jealous fan base. Move on.
        I think we went over that the question was about being eligible after de-committing from Wright St. He wasn't being a troll, just trying to figure out if Noah had to sit a year or not (which, for people who haven't figured it out, he can play right away for the Jacks.)
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          I think we went over that the question was about being eligible after de-committing from Wright St. He wasn't being a troll, just trying to figure out if Noah had to sit a year or not (which, for people who haven't figured it out, he can play right away for the Jacks.)
          No I believe the eligibility trolling was from a video that was posted on USD fan site. Agree with Cappin, it was trolling. Let’s move on or the trolling did what is was intended to do.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            No I believe the eligibility trolling was from a video that was posted on USD fan site. Agree with Cappin, it was trolling. Let’s move on or the trolling did what is was intended to do.
            The video was not audible and made no sense to me, but apparently it was clear as blue sky to USD fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              The video was not audible and made no sense to me, but apparently it was clear as blue sky to USD fans.
              He was betting someone on the SDSU/USD game. Not a good look for Freidel, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                He was betting someone on the SDSU/USD game. Not a good look for Freidel, IMO.
                Oh! Okay

Comment

I'm not sure I got it yet, but HS athletes can bet, until they step on campus as a College athlete with a scholarship in hand, then they are bound to NCAA rules prohibiting betting.So, it didn't break any NCAA rules, but he can't do any betting on games once he falls under NCAA rules as a college athlete.Once he's told that,if he doesn't already know, I'm sure there won't be any problems going forward, after all it's a no foul no harm situation, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I'm not sure I got it yet, but HS athletes can bet, until they step on campus as a College athlete with a scholarship in hand, then they are bound to NCAA rules prohibiting betting.So, it didn't break any NCAA rules, but he can't do any betting on games once he falls under NCAA rules as a college athlete.Once he's told that,if he doesn't already know, I'm sure there won't be any problems going forward, after all it's a no foul no harm situation, right?
                    Agree with this explanation. Also keep in mind he’s a high school kid at this point. I didn’t really play college sports, but this type of this was common when I was his age. Posted by a troll, and it was clearly a bit of a reach.

Comment

I wonder how many college athletes fill out a bracket for the NCAA tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        He didn't bet on who will win the game, he bet that he would drop 40 on USD his freshman year. There are 2 parts to it... 1. The kid is confident, which is good. He already has a healthy disdain for USD, which is great. 2. Will he be dropping 40 on anyone his freshman year? Probably not. Should he be saying things like that on video? Definitely not.

At the end of the day, he's a high school kid that's confident in his abilities and a little more loose lipped than he probably should be. Really not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          He didn't bet on who will win the game, he bet that he would drop 40 on USD his freshman year. There are 2 parts to it... 1. The kid is confident, which is good. He already has a healthy disdain for USD, which is great. 2. Will he be dropping 40 on anyone his freshman year? Probably not. Should he be saying things like that on video? Definitely not.

At the end of the day, he's a high school kid that's confident in his abilities and a little more loose lipped than he probably should be. Really not a big deal.
                          I agree not really a big deal.

I still think it's not a good look, but he's a high school kid. Learn from it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I agree not really a big deal.

I still think it's not a good look, but he's a high school kid. Learn from it and move on.
                            Kind of a typical USD smoking gun. What kind of malware did they use? Not hardly the best.

Comment

Brandon Key sighting. Also, not sure when the roster was updated, but he's listed on there now too. I know people said it was happening, but now it's official.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...89975477805057

Neither Buchanan or Wilson are in the picture, but they are listed on the roster. Good to see Freidel and Wingett.

Comment

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who will red shirt this year? With the uncertainty on the roster, it feels like we might need everyone tbh.

Here's my first crack at the roster:

PG - Key/King, Mims
                                SG - Buchanan, Freidel
                                SF - Arians, Scheierman?
                                PF - Wilson, Fiegen
                                C - Dentlinger, Dillon, Coburn?

Sit out - Wingett? (Maybe... unless Penny signs off saying he was basically cut...?)

It is a weird year. We have a lot of potential, but a lot of unproven players. The only proven players we have are Key and Arians. King, Dentlinger, and Dillon have some experience, but need to show improvements. I have high hopes for King, as I think he'll get plenty of opportunity to be more assertive this year. It seemed like when he got comfortable he really thrived, but he looked uncomfortable for most of the year. I just don't know if Dentlinger or Dillon can earn steady minutes, which is why I'm not sure if we can afford to have Coburn redshirt, assuming he's ready to go. Our best lineup might end up not involving a true Center anyway, like last year. Something like this could end up being the starting 5 imo:

PG Key
                                SG King
                                SF Buchanan or Freidel
                                SF Arians
                                PF Wilson

I'm really interested to see what Mims, Fiegen, Freidel, Scheierman, and Coburn look like. I have the most confidence in Freidel, but that's just because I'm the most familiar with him. Others could surprise me, which would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X