Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Roster

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Who is Dom Simpson and why am I drawing a blank on his name?
    6'5 300lb DT recruit out of Nebraska. He was one of the jewels in the last 17 class.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      6'5 300lb DT recruit out of Nebraska. He was one of the jewels in the last 17 class.
      Yeah, that hurts. Man, I hope he comes back.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If he was going to be a freshman why is he at IWCC? he signed right? Grades an issue or just wants to go there a year first then see if he gets more offers?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If he was going to be a freshman why is he at IWCC? he signed right? Grades an issue or just wants to go there a year first then see if he gets more offers?
          I'm assuming it's grades. Sounds like he wants to be here and he's still communicating with the other '17 recruits via twitter.

Comment

Rashie Hodge is also on the way out. Listed on the roster but his twitter no longer mentions SDSU and now says #jucoproduct

Comment

Rashie Hodge is also on the way out. Listed on the roster but his twitter no longer mentions SDSU and now says #jucoproduct
              Damn it. His film was amazing. Thought we had an awesome SLB in him. Ugh.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Damn it. His film was amazing. Thought we had an awesome SLB in him. Ugh.
                not saying they are a bust but this goes to show how hard it is recruiting etc, 2 that were coming this fall already are not going to be on campus after signing.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anyone else wonder how good this roster would look if we would have redshirted Langer and Bobbit?

Oh, hindsight.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm assuming it's grades. Sounds like he wants to be here and he's still communicating with the other '17 recruits via twitter.
                    If you are a non-qualifier and need to go the JUCO route because of grades, you have to get your AA degree (two years) before you can transfer to a four year school, correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      If you are a non-qualifier and need to go the JUCO route because of grades, you have to get your AA degree (two years) before you can transfer to a four year school, correct ?
                      If you don't qualify I believe you have to get your AA or an equivalent (whatever that means)..... I'm not sure if the fact he is at GCC (which I'm guessing is Glendale CC) is because of grades though, as I'm not sure you can sign if you are not qualified. You can commit as a non-qualifier but if I remember right you wouldn't show up on the roster and aren't an official member of the team.

Comment

not saying they are a bust but this goes to show how hard it is recruiting etc, 2 that were coming this fall already are not going to be on campus after signing.
                        Their grades and ACT scores are what they are when they sign in February so none of these were surprises to the coaching staff. If our staff doesn't want to deal with these types of issues then they need to take a longer look at a kid's transcript/test scores and value it at a closer level than their HUDL tape. Cause we'll never know what other recruit(s) got turned down to make room for these guys that can't even make grades out of high school and never step foot on campus. This part of recruiting isn't hard as kids don't all of a sudden become poor students in the classroom after they sign their NLI. We could see more of this with the early signing period as that is one less semester of grades to review and less time to improve their ACT/SAT score before making a decision on if they will make it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Their grades and ACT scores are what they are when they sign in February so none of these were surprises to the coaching staff. If our staff doesn't want to deal with these types of issues then they need to take a longer look at a kid's transcript/test scores and value it at a closer level than their HUDL tape. Cause we'll never know what other recruit(s) got turned down to make room for these guys that can't even make grades out of high school and never step foot on campus. This part of recruiting isn't hard as kids don't all of a sudden become poor students in the classroom after they sign their NLI. We could see more of this with the early signing period as that is one less semester of grades to review and less time to improve their ACT/SAT score before making a decision on if they will make it or not.
                          If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            If I see an opening for a recruiter I'll make sure to forward the link to you. Clearly SDSU is failing in their recruiting system.
                            Though I detect sarcasm, I fully agree. Rep pts. given.

Comment

This is why they sign so many.

...in regards to academics remember, 11 of the 35 honored for the MVFC's President's Council Academic Excellence Award, were Jackrabbits. League best.

Comment

It sucks but every team has to deal. Hell we could have a team full of All-Americans that have flunked out of school. It happens every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X