This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Could be a big day for the Jacks as there are many prospects on campus for the first of two "Elite Camps". Lots of testing and drills that give the coaches an idea of a players measurables. I saw a stat, but I can't find it now, that showed a super high percentage (80%+) of players who eventually sign with us also attended one of the elite camps.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Phoenix Sproles verbals to NDSU...bummer on that one.

Comment

Offer out to Riley Moss, 6'1" 175 lbs CB/WR out of Ankeny, IA.
        http://www.hudl.com/profile/3209316/riley-moss
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm changing things up on the page 1 list. After following Kemo's lead of having twitter links with players, I've decided to add the players twitter links directly to their name. In the past we've had their names linked to a Rivals/247/ESPN website that highlighted the their recruitment. I've found this year that while our staff is making more offers to higher profiled players, less players are getting links from the web services. Moreover, if you really want to find out the latest on a player, their twitter account is the best source. Finally, our staff has made so many offers that I'm already exceeding the number of characters on each page 1 post. So many offers = so much information. In all likelihood, I will likely start eliminating the Rivals/247/ESPN links.

Let me know your thoughts if you like or dislike this change. I've made changes to the commits and offensive player offers posts. It will take some more time to make changes to the defensive player list. (Ate up my lunch break making the other changes.)

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            I'm changing things up on the page 1 list. After following Kemo's lead of having twitter links with players, I've decided to add the players twitter links directly to their name. In the past we've had their names linked to a Rivals/247/ESPN website that highlighted the their recruitment. I've found this year that while our staff is making more offers to higher profiled players, less players are getting links from the web services. Moreover, if you really want to find out the latest on a player, their twitter account is the best source. Finally, our staff has made so many offers that I'm already exceeding the number of characters on each page 1 post. So many offers = so much information. In all likelihood, I will likely start eliminating the Rivals/247/ESPN links.

Let me know your thoughts if you like or dislike this change. I've made changes to the commits and offensive player offers posts. It will take some more time to make changes to the defensive player list. (Ate up my lunch break making the other changes.)
            Thanks for keeping up. Seems like we are looking everywhere for people to play football.

Comment

Zach Heins, TE from Sioux Falls Washington verbals to the Jacks per his Twitter.

Comment

Nathan Boe verbals to Minnesota, had offer from SDSU per his Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Zach Heins, TE from Sioux Falls Washington verbals to the Jacks per his Twitter.
                  Fantastic news. There are some good ones in the state this year. Hopefully we get a few more SoDak verbals here soon.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Fantastic news. There are some good ones in the state this year. Hopefully we get a few more SoDak verbals here soon.
                    Also good to see one from SF Washington, been too many that have headed North.

Comment

Nathan Boe verbals to Minnesota, had offer from SDSU per his Twitter.
                      Damn. Fleck is paying attention to Minnesota. Not saying we would have landed any of the three who have recently verballed to the Gophers but I don't see as many mid-level prospects escaping Minnesota. This will have an impact on NDSU, SDSU, and UND's recruiting.

Comment

Also good to see one from SF Washington, been too many that have headed North.
                        Hopefully we'll see one more SF Washington kid heading up to Brookings to play FB next season.
                        Last edited by Kemo; 06-18-2017, 06:06 AM. Reason: grammar
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Fleck has 3 Minnesota kids in a class of 17 commits so far. That is certainly not higher than recent Gopher classes. The only way he puts a dent in Minnesota kids going FCS is if he can talk more into walking on with his convincing line of BS. If anything, he seems to be going after a bigger national footprint in recruiting, which could be helpful for the SDSU and NDSU's of the world in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Fleck has 3 Minnesota kids in a class of 17 commits so far. That is certainly not higher than recent Gopher classes. The only way he puts a dent in Minnesota kids going FCS is if he can talk more into walking on with his convincing line of BS. If anything, he seems to be going after a bigger national footprint in recruiting, which could be helpful for the SDSU and NDSU's of the world in the long run.
                            Is MN High School down this year? IMO, these guys looked like they would be good gets for us but are marginal B1G talent. I realize the gophers aren't a premier program. I didn't realize they were the only 3 Minnesota players.

Comment

Watching him play, I was totally impressed with his abilities last year. Great body control, and hands. reminds me of some current jacks with those skills. Really think we got a good one here.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Is MN High School down this year? IMO, these guys looked like they would be good gets for us but are marginal B1G talent. I realize the gophers aren't a premier program. I didn't realize they were the only 3 Minnesota players.
                                Apparently yes. http://m.startribune.com/p-j-fleck-c...ted/429492153/

Comment

Working...
                                X