Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week - Youngstown State Penguins

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    There's a guy behind me who makes a point of complimenting the receivers' effort on completions, and he's typically good for at least one "caught that in spite of Christion"-esque comment every other game.
    I had a guy that sat a few rows behind me last game (thankfully not every game) that was obnoxiously against TC. I don't understand why anyone would criticize the best QB SDSU has ever had. The only logical explanation is if they're mad about the JMU game last year...?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      I'm curious about the O-line, too. I know that Taryn has tons of passing yards but I think most of his passes are either quick outs, jump balls to Dallas/Jake or shuffle passes. I could be wrong but I don't remember him hitting many long passes. This is just not this season. I remember talking with somebody last year and they were telling me that Jake was injured and that is why Taryn kept overthrowing him. I don't think he hit many deep balls with other receivers either. This year people are talking about the O-line not giving him enough time.
      I know that some of you know much more than I do so you can tell me that I am wrong but it just seems that way to me. Is there a place where we can see what % of his passes that are thrown 20+ yards down the field and what his completion % is on those passes?
      Thank you!
      We have the 2nd highest scoring offense in the FCS and TC is the most efficient passer in the league. That tells me a lot of things, but for sure the offensive line is playing pretty well and I could care less if TC isn't taking deep shots and is opting for more mid level higher percentage passes.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        We have the 2nd highest scoring offense in the FCS and TC is the most efficient passer in the league. That tells me a lot of things, but for sure the offensive line is playing pretty well and I could care less if TC isn't taking deep shots and is opting for more mid level higher percentage passes.
        I think part of the reason the Jacks were throwing shorter passes later in the game was because 2 of the 5 OL had next to no game experience, and Lickiss was making only his second start.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Yeah some people just love ragging on him and I don’t really get it. He’s got the highest qb efficiency in the country, 2nd most passing TDs, and the 2nd highest completion percentage in the country. That’s after a game against NDSU in Fargo, all with one INT in over 100 attempts. I’m 100% convinced the people who want to bitch about him constantly just either want something to bitch about or have some sort of rooting interest in having a different starting qb for us. Like being from the Mitchell area maybe? I just don’t get it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the camp that TC is overrated. Do I think he's bad, no. But how many times have we watched him make a great throw, countless. But then the next pass he could drill it into the turf or overthrow the receiver by 5 yards. That's what makes me skeptical about calling him the best ever. JMO

Comment

I guess I am looking for a guy we can trust, and I can't do that with him. Granted I'm jaded. Carry on. Call me a Austin Sumner kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              I am in the camp that TC is overrated. Do I think he's bad, no. But how many times have we watched him make a great throw, countless. But then the next pass he could drill it into the turf or overthrow the receiver by 5 yards. That's what makes me skeptical about calling him the best ever. JMO
              Curious which would put or what measurables would you go by? I will say I always liked Ryan berry. He threw with touch and accuracy imho. Good pocket awareness could shift and slide Nd stay in the pocket and deliver a good throw as its collapsing around him.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Lol you people have gotta be ****ing me with the TC slander.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Curious which would put or what measurables would you go by? I will say I always liked Ryan berry. He threw with touch and accuracy imho. Good pocket awareness could shift and slide Nd stay in the pocket and deliver a good throw as its collapsing around him.
                  There isn't a stat or metric I can go by. Ryan was my next choice on the list of QB's I'd like to have back in this offense. I guess with them my butt cheeks didn't clench every time they threw!

Comment

Is there actually a "camp" that feels that way, or are you in an overwhelming minority?

Comment

I had a guy that sat a few rows behind me last game (thankfully not every game) that was obnoxiously against TC. I don't understand why anyone would criticize the best QB SDSU has ever had. The only logical explanation is if they're mad about the JMU game last year...?
                      It's been an ongoing thing that preceded JMU. I can think of a more infuriating reason for ill will among some, and it has more to do with their prejudice than anything Christion has ever done/failed to do

Comment

There isn't a stat or metric I can go by. Ryan was my next choice on the list of QB's I'd like to have back in this offense. I guess with them my butt cheeks didn't clench every time they threw!
                        Well, at least you're getting your kegels in, right?

I'm typically more nervous about him getting injured than I am an errant throw.

Comment

Is there actually a "camp" that feels that way, or are you in an overwhelming minority?

Your’re right I’m wrong. Past performances when it counts means **** I guess

Comment

I'm wondering why you have this misconception about TC. He's a much more accurate passer than Sumner was. Is it because he throws a harder ball and his misses look different than you're used to?

Sumner - 737/1267 (58.1%)

TC - 690/1126 (61.3%)
                            Last edited by CappinHard; 10-11-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I guess I am looking for a guy we can trust, and I can't do that with him. Granted I'm jaded. Carry on. Call me a Austin Sumner kind of guy.
                              Sumner was fun to watch. Just curious -- how could Christion earn your trust at this point?

Comment

That’s my kind of “camping” - extremely quiet and not another person for miles!

Seriously, TC could stop playing today and would still be listed among the SDSU all-time greats after all of us are gone. He’s rewriting the SDSU and MVFC record books right in front of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X