Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Offices Moving

To Sioux Falls

Wonder how the rest of the league feels about this.

Re: Summit League Offices Moving

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    To Sioux Falls

Summit League making a power move to try to ensure the long term tenure of the Dakota schools?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Summit League making a power move to try to ensure the long term tenure of the Dakota schools?
      Odd they didn't just move to Brookings.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        From a logistical and cost effectiveness view, it makes sense to have headquarters closer to the geographic center of the conference as opposed to one edge. Add in the fact that the BB tourney is likely in Sioux Falls for a long time and it seems to be a no-brainer. And it wouldn't surprise me if they are getting a favorable lease agreement with the Pentagon.

Comment

To Sioux Falls

Considering it was a unanimous vote from the member schools, they must feel okay about it.

Makes complete sense to do it. The Summit League has zero ties to Chicago.

Sioux Falls is a central location in the league, already has the basketball tourney, and is an up-and-coming power in the national sports market with the Pentagon, Premier Center and Sanford Sports Complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Considering it was a unanimous vote from the member schools, they must feel okay about it.

Makes complete sense to do it. The Summit League has zero ties to Chicago.

Sioux Falls is a central location in the league, already has the basketball tourney, and is an up-and-coming power in the national sports market with the Pentagon, Premier Center and Sanford Sports Complex.
            I guess I was more thinking along the lines of fans. I'm sure there is the perception out there that the Dakota schools get whatever they want.

Comment

I guess I was more thinking along the lines of fans. I'm sure there is the perception out there that the Dakota schools get whatever they want.
              Do fans really care if the league offices are in Elmhurst or Sioux Falls?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Do fans really care if the league offices are in Elmhurst or Sioux Falls?
                What's Elmhurst? Is that how dead trees get to the woodchipper?

Comment

Considering that means there’s probably 32 unhappy fans outside the Dakotas, is it that big of a concern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

The Pentagon would be a good place for play-in tournament games after an expansion... just sayin

Comment

I checked in on the Leatherneck board and the bigger debate there seems to be whether they should drop to D2. Interesting fact discovered there - their projected freshman enrollment for this fall is just over 800.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I checked in on the Leatherneck board and the bigger debate there seems to be whether they should drop to D2. Interesting fact discovered there - their projected freshman enrollment for this fall is just over 800.
                        Wow. I think it’s inevitable that Augie will be moving to the Summit League now.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Wow. I think it’s inevitable that Augie will be moving to the Summit League now.
                          Agreed. I think it will ultimately be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Plus you have IPFW who have been rumored to possibly move down if they can't get a Horizon invite and the eastern portion of the league is hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              What's Elmhurst? Is that how dead trees get to the woodchipper?
                              Elmhurst is home to thousands of commuters by rail who work down town. Except for SDSU alums,no one will notice the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X