• Show
Clear All

Re: Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Alan Elenkiwich
    Thanks

Comment

I will have to check this out. I work very close to that location.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
        I will have to check this out. I work very close to that location.
        I was there last Friday (thanks to this thread) it's as great as Brookings is, with more space. If you haven't been there you need to be.
        Last edited by slosho; 02-13-2014, 10:47 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Stopped by for lunch today, and had a excellent beef brisket lunch combo with Mac n Cheese and cornbread. I was tempted and on another visit I will include the option for SDSU ice cream as one of my sides. Today I wanted to sample some of their other sutff. I will be going again to be sure.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I will have to try it as well. Cubby's wasn't there when I was in Brookings (been to it quite a few times since & is very good) but it was always tough to beat Nick's & then George's after last call. We also lived pretty close to the 7-11 my Jr year, amazing how good 3 hot dogs for a $1 tastes early in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by wcrabbit View Post
              I will have to try it as well. Cubby's wasn't there when I was in Brookings (been to it quite a few times since & is very good) but it was always tough to beat Nick's & then George's after last call. We also lived pretty close to the 7-11 my Jr year, amazing how good 3 hot dogs for a $1 tastes early in the morning.
              Probably also amazing whatever they stuff into a 33-cent hot dog.

Comment

Had ribs and tried the pulled pork. Ribs were fantastic, just great. Pulled pork was just okay, could use more smoke. I'm going to try the brisket the next time I go. Smoked brisket is hard to do, so I'll be impressed if Backyard Grill can do it well.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Their ribs, whether in Brookings or Sioux Falls, are hard to beat. Also, their french fries are dynamite - they use a sweet and salty seasoning that is very unique. I'm a big fan and struggle with going there multiple times a week!

Comment

Went again yesterday for ribs and they were excellent. Texas chili as a side was just okay, but I now agree about the fries as my friend got those. Very different and tasty. It will be tough not to go there every week.

Comment

A few months ago I got addicted to BYG in Brookings...went at least once, sometimes twice a week for a month or two. Now I've cut that back to once every 3 or 4 weeks...pocketbook was getting thin and belly was getting thick!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pro-tip: If you get the fries, dunk them in the golden mustard. I don't know where they get their mustard from or if they make it or whatever. But that stuff is amazing. I would bathe in it if I could. Even if you don't like mustard (I really don't), it's incredible.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've almost gotten the fries a couple times, but can't ever part with the potato salad and beans...sometime I'll just have to get them in addition to the rest.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The important question is, do they have beer there?

Comment

The more important question is, how is the potato salad?
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

no beer

Comment

Working...
                                X