Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I don't think it can be understated how big of a deal Omaha losing tonight was. With the way we have been playing, and the way Omaha, IPFW, and even USD have been playing. Assuming we take care of business on Saturday, it's like we already won a SLT game not having to be the 2 seed. Omaha plays Denver at 2 on Saturday. If they were smart, they would throw that game, because the only way they have a shot at the 1 seed is if Denver wins, and they can't do worse than the 2 seed anyway. Otherwise WIU has nothing to play for and will likely lay down.
    If Omaha loses another game, they would have 4 losses and would be guaranteed the 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Back to school with you, the attendance was 2482. There was a nice echo on Midco.
      I thought you may be joking so I checked the box score on the USD website. It says 2482. Lol..

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        If Omaha loses another game, they would have 4 losses and would be guaranteed the 2 seed.
        Ah yes... It was late when I posted that. Didn't think it through apparently. So it's a win/win for us. Either Omaha loses and we are locked into the 1 seed, or Denver loses and WIU is locked into the 8 seed (and presumably wouldn't care as much). Either way, I don't see us losing the last home game for these seniors. It would be interesting though to see Denver win and watch WIU play for their playoff lives.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I thought you may be joking so I checked the box score on the USD website. It says 2482. Lol..
          Actually don't think that its too far off. It looked about 1/3 full, which would be 2,000.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
            Actually don't think that its too far off. It looked about 1/3 full, which would be 2,000.
            A few places may have been 1/3 full, but the ends were wide open for the men's game. I never caught a shot to the top of the sides and corners. The wife noticed an echo on the sound during the game. If it was a crowd the size of the women's game(2557) Sunday, they were better behaved than expected.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
              In the sections behind the benches, it was more like 1 out of 10 seats had a body in them.

Comment

Took a screen shot of the game. Seemed pretty empty to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I don't think it can be overstated how big of a deal Omaha losing tonight was. With the way we have been playing, and the way Omaha, IPFW, and even USD have been playing. Assuming we take care of business on Saturday, it's like we already won a SLT game not having to be the 2 seed.
                  This is exactly how I feel.
                  SDSU just has to win and they will be in a bracket with NDSU, ORU and either Western Illinois or Denver. NDSU almost beat SDSU but I would much rather be in that bracket then in one with Omaha, Fort Wayne, USD and UND. I wasn't going to put UND in with the rest of them since I think that are a notch below the rest but since they beat Fort Wayne @ Fort Wayne last night, I thought I'd give them some props.

Comment

Here is a good summary of how the seeds sit as of today:

https://twitter.com/summithoops/stat...41594211545096

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Here is a good summary of how the seeds sit as of today:

https://twitter.com/summithoops/stat...41594211545096
                      Right if DU beats UNO their win vs. #2 UNO will put them ahead of WIU for the #8. Forgot that scenario.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Sundays games should be fun to watch. usd vs Ft Wayne, as long as the yotes beat UND and Oral Roberts vs NDSU

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Sundays games should be fun to watch. usd vs Ft Wayne, as long as the yotes beat UND and Oral Roberts vs NDSU
                          Are you sitting by the old "bear" again this year?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Back to school with you, the attendance was 2482. There was a nice echo on Midco.
                            Oh my. There's no way there was close to 2,000 people in the stands. Someone is forgetting a decimal point or something. Thanks for the chuckle.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Are you sitting by the old "bear" again this year?

Oldhare? He is in the same row as me.

Comment

Shahid with a three at the buzzer to give NDSU a 69-66 win over Fort Wayne.

FW loses to both UND and NDSU at home to close the regular season and they will face USD at the tournament next Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X