Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Understandable -- Stick's completions included 21, 40, 46, and 50 yards. Still, if the 'Yote crowd gets loud, it could disrupt the Jacks. Hoping that doesn't happen.
    Meh, if the Fargodome didn't last year, the DakotaDome probably won't this year. I do worry about Greenfield coming off the edge for the Yotes, but TC has been handling the rush really well the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Sdsu hasn’t played well at all down there since I’ve been a fan. I don’t see that changing, but I’m more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago. Is SDSU favored? I’m guessing USD is favored by 3.

USD needs to win this game. I still think that if Illinois St miraculously beats NDSU this weekend and State wins down there, the Yotes are out of the playoffs.
      The spread won't come out until some time tomorrow, but I would expect SDSU to be favored, probably from 2 to 4 points (for reference, Sagarin has us favored by 3 when taking into account their home field advantage. The spread is usually close to that).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Don't think they get out of the playoffs. Just sucks for usd all their hard games were at the end of the year. I think we get 6 in if isu-r beats ndsu. Otherwise we get 5.
        Maybe its just wishful thinking but i dont think they should be in if they lose 4 out of their last 5. Yea, it sucks for them to have the tough schedule to finish but we had NDSU, ISU-r and USD. Take care of business like we did and you dont have to wonder if youre making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Maybe its just wishful thinking but i dont think they should be in if they lose 4 out of their last 5. Yea, it sucks for them to have the tough schedule to finish but we had NDSU, ISU-r and USD. Take care of business like we did and you dont have to wonder if youre making the playoffs.
          Yeah. If they consider how they finish the year they might be on the bubble. If they look at mvfc with 7-4 record. They probably get in. It's close going from maybe a seeded team to being out of the playoffs. Guess I don't know who would get in over usd. I just know usd would love to ruin our chance at a seed. Hopefully the team is pumped. This is essentially a playoff game. Just like the last 2 were.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
            [/B]

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on that one. Florida was still trying to figure out if they'd elected George Bush the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. Not to mention, the Marker, The Brawl of the Wild, the Battle of the Piney Woods, The Bayou classic, the Bryce-Cowell musket, Harvard-Yale, Lehigh-Lafayette, and the soon to returned stein game between Montana and Idaho are all bigger, more storied rivalries than the corn showdown. It may become classic like those others (The marker is still becoming a grrat rivalry, but it doesn't have the history of the others), but calling it the best, or even among the best, in the nation is a stretch.
            This is correct. For an example, when the Marker Game is brought up for the AGS game of the week a JMU fan even said that “no question it’s the Marker Game, every year.” That’s how big nationally that rivalry is. I’m not certain the game this week will win GOTW this week. It’s just not on the same level as the Marker Game or those you mentioned.
            Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Depends on what TC plays that day! Ha.
            Pretty sure he wasn’t the problem this weekend either with all the drops I watched that hit our receivers in the hands. But if you wanna try to keep digging on the guy you do you.
            I am leaning towards agreeing with you. I just hope he doesn't try to to too much too early. There is going to be a ton of talk about how similar the two QBs are in this game. Play under control and play with the lead.
            I’m not sure why he would be so worried about this tbh? He didn’t have it affect him vs NDSU, and he and Stick are always compared to each other.
            I’m thinking they definitely got the YSU kiss of death that kept them out when they went 8-4 in a 12 game season. Same end to the schedule that YSU has as well. Last year probably wouldn’t have mattered, but this year the bubble looks to be very strong. Let’s be honest, USD hasn’t built up a history of playoff appearances yet to help them out. IMO that’s a very real thing. I think they get left out if they drop this one to us.

As to the game, I have to like our chances. Our pass rush is coming to life and they are down to their 5th and 6th corners, indoors where the elements can’t effect our passing attack. Would be nice to lay a walloping on them like NDSU did. If we can get up on them right away it will be hard for them not to start feeling the pressure and force them into mistakes. Should be a fun weekend. Let’s go win and relax to see how the committee finagles a way to send us to Fargo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If I don't see Goedert throw at least 3 passes in this game it will be a failure in my eyes.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Don't think they get out of the playoffs. Just sucks for usd all their hard games were at the end of the year. I think we get 6 in if isu-r beats ndsu. Otherwise we get 5.
                There’s a lot of bubble teams. Getting 6 in would be a lot of teams, even though it would be deserving.

And if a Yote fan is reading this, I’m not saying they wouldn’t deserve to be in. I just think they’d be on the outside of the bubble. Either way, Illinois St would need to beat NDSU and SDSU needs to beat a very good Yote team at their place.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Agreed. Losing 4 out of the last 5 puts you on the outside.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The Coyotes are mediocre, at best, on defense and mostly Streveler on offense. The Jacks should win by double digits.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

If the Jackrabbits that played NDSU or Western show up, they win easily.

If the Jackrabbits that played Youngstown or Northern Iowa show up, the Yotes win easily.

If the Jackrabbits that played Illinois State show up, it's anyone's ball game.

That's why they play the games. I do have to like the Jackrabbits chances with the secondary issues the Coyotes had last week. The Jacks have a lot of dynamic playmakers.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

If the Jackrabbits that played Youngstown or Northern Iowa show up, the Yotes win easily.

That's why they play the games. I do have to like the Jackrabbits chances with the secondary issues the Coyotes had last week. The Jacks have a lot of dynamic playmakers.
                        I would think a gameplan similar to the one they used against NDSU would be a great place to start. Shut down the run game and force them to beat us with the pass. I would think that SDSU would win a pass-first shootout. SDSU has to score early and not have any momentum plays (fumbles, INTs) go against them. USD is going to feed off their crowd like the Jacks did against NDSU. Take the wind out of their sails early and we should be good. If we let USD hand around, like Ill St, I don't think that ends well for us.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am leaning towards agreeing with you. I just hope he doesn't try to to too much too early. There is going to be a ton of talk about how similar the two QBs are in this game. Play under control and play with the lead.
                          I hope the QB's are similar in this game. That means that Streveler isn't running 15 times for 100+ yards. USD is a much more dangerous team when he runs often. TC might have 1 run for 70+ yards but other then that he may run for 5 yards and slide. You have a fragile QB at SDSU and a LB built QB at USD. Of course, the LB built QB is/was injured from carrying the ball 25+ times in several games so they both might not run much.
                          TC did have about 5 dropped balls last week but he could of had 1 or 2 more INT's with a couple of his other throws so it evens out. I really think when it's 3rd and (about) 2 he should run for the first down instead of throwing it into the bench but that gets back to his lack of running now. Not saying it is good or bad but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Lets be clear. USD's defense is not Illinois State's defense. Not even close.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Lets be clear. USD's defense is not Illinois State's defense. Not even close.
                              I haven't seen enough of them to know, but they were playing well earlier... not lately.

I was impressed with ISU's defense on Saturday.

Comment

All I know is that the scoreboard is going to get a workout.

USD has a big ol' pile of intangibles on their side (revenge from so many beat downs in the main sports, loud and hungry crowd, lose and they might be done). That's enough to make them extremely dangerous and I would not be shocked if they won by 14. I think SDSU has a big "on paper" advantage, considering our obvious strength is scoring via the pass and USD is missing half their cornerbacks. That's a huge deal if TC can get any time to throw. A safety is going to be tied up helping out with Weineke on virtually every play unless they want to see him one-on-one against a second-string corner. Their LB's look vulnerable too and either one of them or another backup CB has to cover Goedert. Spread those two out downfield and let's see what that USD defense can do about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X