Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bob Nielson to Kent State?

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    I'll go on record as saying Nielson is a good coach. And he'll continue to do good things down south.

Their offense will lose a little with Steveler graduating, but the game he sat out most of with the injury... the backup (Simmons?) performed well. And their young defense will be better. He's doing a really solid job. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just looking though Jackrabbit colored glasses.

If he has another good season at USD, maybe a win or two more than this season... he'll be a "hot" candidate for a bigger school, I'm sure. (regardless of the new contract)

He runs the "uptempo" no huddle style, that is all the rage and he's had success at every stop. Seems like he's a good recruiter. He's going to be attractive to someone, if he continues to improve the Coyotes program.

This will just make it more expensive to lure him away.
    I got flamed for saying I thought Neilson would turn things around down there. Something about how much the town sucks and their facilities suck, etc. Even though I love my Jacks, I try to stay as realistic as possible. For some that's impossible.

In two short years he's got the yotes headed in the right direction on the field anyway.

Comment

Re: Bob Nielson to Kent State?

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I got flamed for saying I thought Neilson would turn things around down there. Something about how much the town sucks and their facilities suck, etc. Even though I love my Jacks, I try to stay as realistic as possible. For some that's impossible.

In two short years he's got the yotes headed in the right direction on the field anyway.
      And they played a ton of young guys this year so I expect them to continue to get better. No easy outs in this league!!!

Comment

Working...
      X