Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance & Alcohol

Originally posted by goon View Post
    we should have Arkansas pine bluffed them. I don't know which team we are, the one who looked sharp and dominant at Gophers, or the last 2 home games against lower quality teams. Defense had some lapses big time that a good team will take advantage of. Our speed and athletic ability helped clean up some bad plays.
    One thing I will say is that even though we moved the ball well at UM, we really haven't seen anything in all 3 games to indicate that this offense is a real quick strike, score fast offense of the past several years. Maybe they'll develop that way, but the way this offense moves (even in the good times), it seems like we're not going to see too many games where we score more than 35. If we keep giving up 14 or less each game, I guess I'll take that. But I do think that's part of the shift with TC gone and Eck calling plays that we don't see as many 56-10 games this year. Now, with that being said, we need to score more than 38 against Drake and LIU. And in both games, we left 7 on the board with fumbles at the goal line. Clean up the offensive mistakes, and we score 45+ in both games. We'll get there.

That doesn't excuse how BAD we looked doing it though...

Comment

The fallout from the Pine Bluff game continues. A closed, conservative offense paired with a QB that is in over his head leads to games like the last 2. Let's hope it doesnt cost us when the games actually matter.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't know, the Stig teams always seem to play up or down depending on the opposition (except for the Pine Bluff game). Drake isn't as bad as we might think. 13 starters returning from last year's team that got beat 27-24 by Iowa State. Yes, there is a noticeable drop off between the number one quarterback and the number two quarterback. I'm optimistic when Gibbs returns that we will be much better just as long as the offensive line ratchets things up. That group is still trying to find itself. We have a lot of talent - we just need Mr. Gibbs to showcase his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
          I don't know, the Stig teams always seem to play up or down depending on the opposition (except for the Pine Bluff game). Drake isn't as bad as we might think. 13 starters returning from last year's team that got beat 27-24 by Iowa State. Yes, there is a noticeable drop off between the number one quarterback and the number two quarterback. I'm optimistic when Gibbs returns that we will be much better just as long as the offensive line ratchets things up. That group is still trying to find itself. We have a lot of talent - we just need Mr. Gibbs to showcase his abilities.
          Drake lost 10-7 against a d2 team and by 40 to UND, they're as bad as we think. Our O will get eaten alive during Valley play with anybody but Gibbs behind center it appears, it's disappointing knowing that Nelson is the best backup option we have. Also, Vinnie can't be missing those gimmies.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            The fallout from the Pine Bluff game continues. A closed, conservative offense paired with a QB that is in over his head leads to games like the last 2. Let's hope it doesnt cost us when the games actually matter.
            How does the Pine Bluff game have any connection to the last two games?

Comment

I said during the game that concentration was lacking. I'm not quite going to say that the Jacks mailed this one in, but...

Actually, why not? The Jacks mailed this one in.

It could be worse. We could be USD.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

It could be worse. We could be USD.
                The best part of this is that you could have said this at any time for the past 10 years and be objectively correct.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  How does the Pine Bluff game have any connection to the last two games?
                  Fallout from the blowout reactions? (It was more meant in jest)...but, the Rabbits should have dropped 50-60 on these last two teams. The playcalling was almost trying not to score. At least I hope it was them being ultraconservative, otherwise...uff da
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    The best part of this is that you could have said this at any time for the past 10 years and be objectively correct.
                    It's funny, I debated with myself the smackiness of the remark and decided, well, "Truth is a defense."
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Team just played really sloppy, especially the 1st half.

3rd quarter was better, for the most part. Other than the 1st and goal series.

4th quarter, team was ready to go home.

Lots to be excited about... very talented team, lots of players to cheer for.
                      Things to be concerned about... play like this against a Valley team, and they'll lose. Even to USD.

Comment

I thought Nelson looked better this week than he did in his first start. The Jacks were a couple of ugly turnovers away from really blowing out Drake. SDSU's D-backs and O-line need to step it up.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          I thought Nelson looked better this week than he did in his first start. The Jacks were a couple of ugly turnovers away from really blowing out Drake. SDSU's D-backs and O-line need to step it up.
                          I tried to Nelson the benefit of the doubt last week but he was awful today. There pass catchers open everywhere. He missed Kunz and Hart on easy TDs, Fumbled in the red zone again, and left numerous receivers out to dry across the middle and high.

I don’t understand the criticism of the secondary. Most of the yardage came from the TE. He was dang good and our LBs couldn’t keep up with him. Not having Levi Brown or Griff available to matchup with him hurt. The #605Hogs are playing really inconsistent from snap to snap. I’m nervous for MVFC play if they don’t find some consistency.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Re: GDT: Drake Bulldogs

My questions from today.

- How is that Drake # 1 TE playing non-scholarship football?

- How is this the same SDSU OL that went toe-to-toe with Minnesota?

- How can it be so hard to have more concession workers/stations?

I can’t blame the team for being a bit flat in this stretch of games. They’re perfectly placed between the big FBS opportunity and the MVFC grind. It’s hard to stay keyed up as a fan too. Add in the QB situation and you have the potential for issues. I’m glad we’re in a place where we can complain about two games that SDSU won by a combined 63 points.
                            Last edited by Southeast; 09-16-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Thought crowd was decent.

Snaps need to get better.

Looking to see them lock it in for SUU with or without Gibbs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know what to think of this Drake team. If they lost to Iowa State last year 27-24, what happened there? They go the length of field to score their only TD with passes to apparently an unstoppable TE. The head coach was a former coach at a respectable D2 program Saginaw State. Surely on paper, being non-scholarship, they were out manned, but they found ways to hang with a team with 63 scholarships for most of the first half. I think our guys had their work cut outI for them. Jimmy and Berge got some work a head of them namely stopping a TE. You can bet SUU will try to run that TE pass play. We seem to be very vulnerable. I think Goon asked a good question in he wondered why we felt like we were loosing. Also we should have PineBluffed them. We run up some scores but maybe not to day. We just cannot take this Pioneer League for granted. I think the ISU blue Coach would agree with me. I am glad the Drake Series are over. Like Sienfeld clip posted at the start of the thread “Everyone hates Drake”. Very fitting.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-14-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X