Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Frost Arena in race for !rst Place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Frost Arena in race for !rst Place.

Coach Hansen brings in another talented squad to run the fast paced offense he prefers. All 5 of his starters are averaging double figures while the team averages about 80 points. They also shoot 50% FG from the field and 42% long range in conference play. Today should be an entertaining game, but Jackrabbit defense will need to show up today to get the pace of the game tipped for Jackrabbit advantage. Mavs have 2 big men in Hahn and Pile which will put some pressure on Alex Arians defensive end. The Mavs are 6-6 on the road and 6-1 in conference. The only loss is against ORU at Omaha. The OT win at PFW may be a bit of adrenaline or they may be pooped. I am looking for the Jackrabbits to step up their game in this important end to the first half of the conference schedule and live up to their billing as the top team in the Summit. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN3
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Frost Arena in race for !rst Place.

Pile plays mostly down low, so Daum likely draws that assignment. Hahn is more of a perimeter player - Flatten matches up best size-wise. Jackson is there best offensive player, so King may match up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Pile plays mostly down low, so Daum likely draws that assignment. Hahn is more of a perimeter player - Flatten matches up best size-wise. Jackson is there best offensive player, so King may match up with him.
      Pile picked up 14 boards against the yotes. It is not likely he will accomplish that today. The Mavs do offer a bigger lineup than some with Jackson checking in at 6'5" added to 6'8" Pile and 6'8" Hahn. The Mavs likely do not worry about the defense matchups as much if they can outscore most teams. Pile is the only starter who has not been jacking 3's in the starter bunch. The Mavs have used 47 minutes of reserves in conference compared to about 40 for the Jackrabbits per game.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

170+ total pints tonight? This one should be entertaining!

I’m currently fueling up in enemy territory (Vermillion) on my way north. The roads are wet but that’s about it.

Comment

Jacks with some bad passes early.

Comment

Jacks finish the half strong, going from down 7 to up by 8. Need to take care of the ball better, and Flatten needs to turn it up a couple notches.

Comment

They should raffle off the chance to sit between Mims and Beau on the bench. They look like they are having more fun than most of the fans.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Need to give credit to Flatten for a great second half, not just offensively, but also for the D on Gibson. And Tevin King held Jackson to just 5 points.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRja7BUijTw

couple flushes

Comment

From the Twitter account @statsbystats: "Mike Daum of @GoJacksMBB had 33 points and 16 rebounds against Omaha, his 3rd straight game with at least 30 PTS and 15 REB.

He's the first DI player in the last 20 years with 3 consecutive games.

His 10 such games in his career are double of any other player since 1996-97."

Unreal. I hope people realize how special this kid really is.

Comment

I know that’s not how message boards work, but given how people so many people here seemed hyper-concerned about the Jacks’ defense after the last loss I would have thought there might be a few more comments about what they did defensively tonight. One of the leagues best scorers was held to one freaking basket all night. Where are all of the forum defensive purists tonight?

Also, Daum is really good.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITK0HvRTtU

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I know that’s not how message boards work, but given how people so many people here seemed hyper-concerned about the Jacks’ defense after the last loss I would have thought there might be a few more comments about what they did defensively tonight. One of the leagues best scorers was held to one freaking basket all night. Where are all of the forum defensive purists tonight?

Your right. They went out and did as they should have. It was intense at times, but job well done IMO.
                          Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 01-26-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

My thoughts on our defense. We aren’t great and we aren’t bad. We’re ok. When our d was getting torn apart earlier posters were cherry picking games saying SEE! We gave up this many points to team X. Those numbers are skewed because of our pace we play fast. That leads to a team getting more possessions and when they are shooting well more points. I also think we’ve been up a lot in some cases and that leads to let downs on defense.

Comment

Best crowd in years in terms of numbers and engagement!

Comment

Working...
                              X