Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U of New Hampshire

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    The more I look at this game the more I think we need to take care of the ball and not beat ourselves. Play sound, don’t press, and do what we do. Don’t let their defense get them points. Don’t make dumb turnovers to help them get points. We might not put up 38 this game but we shouldn’t have to.

Against UCA they had 106 yards rushing on 46 carries for a whopping 2.3 ypc. Sounds like just a bad game but their average per game in CAA play was 86 ypg and 2.2 ypc. They also only passed for 110 yds at 6.9 yards per completion. They were out gained by UCA 216-436. A pick six was the difference in the game. This is why this game scares the hell out of me. It feels like this is a team we should beat, which is exactly why it’s going to be a close heart stopping game that will have much angst. They have a good CAA defense but not on par with Nova last year IMO. If we put up 21 and don’t give them free points we should get a W. I hate being confident in these games, so I’m not confident because I feel like I should be confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've only read the last few pages as I haven't had time to get caught up on this entire thread. UNH finished 4th in the CAA and is the lowest ranked team remaining in the playoffs. 2 of their 4 losses this year were to a Patriot League team that finished under .500 and a fellow CAA team that finished under .500. Their stats don't jump off the page at me. They average 22.7 points and 362 yards per game, and have only scored north of 30 points, 3 times all season. If our offense shows up to play this game, like they did last week, I don't see a path for UNH to beat us. Unless we have several self-inflicted wounds.

These are all the reasons why I'm nervous about this game. Thumper's last sentence accurately describes my angst and nervousness for this game. The last time I was this confident in a game was Hobo Day. Saturday can't get here soon enough. I'm done worrying about how many people are going to be in attendance. Those who aren't there are missing out on a wild ride of a season and are losing the opportunity to watch historic talent in person. The rest of us will be enjoying it as long as this ride continues. I'll be there and screaming!
    Last edited by Bits; 12-05-2017, 05:06 PM. Reason: Words

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      I hate being confident in these games, so I’m not confident because I feel like I should be confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This sums up my thoughts as well, although, as I've mentioned, my nerves are due largely to their offense not seeming that intimidating. Just as long as the Jacks don't get arrogant, I think they will be fine.

The Jacks have considerable firepower on offense, and if Earith plays like he did against UNI, he and Soulek should hopefully staunch their run game. However, I did notice that UNI gashed the Jacks a couple times when Soulek went to sideline, so hopefully Jacks can avoid that.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        But then again, I did hear there is Disney on Ice to compete with.
        That was last week. The Stampede are playing evening of 12/9, but folks who want to see anything on ice can watch the Jacks put the Wildcats "on ice" from cozy DJD Stadium.

Comment

This was probably brought up in the UNI game thread but did Callender dress against UNI? I was at the game but I don't think I saw him on the sideline.
          Last edited by Jackbacker123; 12-06-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
            This was probably brought up in the UNI game thread but did Callender dress against UNI? I was at the game but I don't think I saw him on the sideline.
            He did not, I suspect it may have something to do with limited number of players you can dress in the playoffs. I believe it is 60, although I may be wrong. I'd think scheme would play into it, his style(for now) wouldn't have been ideal for UNI...I think for UNH he's suited to play against that scheme. If he doesn't dress this week there could be the possibility he is dinged up.

Comment

NCAA allows only 60 players on the sideline. A number of players had to sit in the stands, not dress, for the game as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                He did not, I suspect it may have something to do with limited number of players you can dress in the playoffs. I believe it is 60, although I may be wrong. I'd think scheme would play into it, his style(for now) wouldn't have been ideal for UNI...I think for UNH he's suited to play against that scheme. If he doesn't dress this week there could be the possibility he is dinged up.

I was told it was scheme that is why that happened. and astute observation

Comment

Coach T.J. Otzelberger
                  “Part of what gave us the advantage is playing loose and free and scoring the ball,” SDSU coach TJ Otzelberger said.”What has been successful for us is not trying to slow that down, so we kept our foot on the gas. Yet that speeds up the tempo of the game up and that’s what they were trying to do, create more possessions in the second half.
                  “If you get the lead by blitzing, we don’t want to go to the prevent defense.”

Can he be a FB coach Too? I'm not sure I don't have a man crush on him as a coach. No wonder recruits love him.

Somewhat OT I know but still relates to football as I hope we use this approach instead of the end of the game plans (which worked as planned no doubt) From the last 2 games (not a Fan personally)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    It was an interesting decision to pull his redshirt this year. Didn't seem worth it. Is it possible he did not want to redshirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                      It was an interesting decision to pull his redshirt this year. Didn't seem worth it. Is it possible he did not want to redshirt?
                      I believe it was the plan from when he signed.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

So I'm getting more and more anxious as this week goes along. Anyone else feel that way?

I am worried that we may be overlooking UNH. I hope not, but it has me concerned.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          NCAA allows only 60 players on the sideline. A number of players had to sit in the stands, not dress, for the game as a result.
                          Went back and looked at the participation summary, Jacks played 58 guys! I'm assuming Dalton Douglas was one of the guys who didn't play. Did we dress 3 qbs? Was Cromer the other? For comparisons sake, UNI only played 45 guys.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            So I'm getting more and more anxious as this week goes along. Anyone else feel that way?

I am worried that we may be overlooking UNH. I hope not, but it has me concerned.
                            I feel like we are just to good to lose, but do we win like we did over UNI or do we win like we did over nova last year. It has the feel it might be like the nova game last year.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Went back and looked at the participation summary, Jacks played 58 guys! I'm assuming Dalton Douglas was one of the guys who didn't play. Did we dress 3 qbs? Was Cromer the other? For comparisons sake, UNI only played 45 guys.
                              I’m pretty sure I saw cromer on sidelines as well.

Comment

Speaking of QB where is Nelson? We have not heard anything about him. Has he transferred?

Comment

Working...
                                X