Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this. The Jacks fans yesterday are largely the ones you see at the cold-weather playoff games.
    You're right and we need to keep talking it up because those games are some of the best to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I think that we are seeing the fruits of all the playoff appearances. We keep getting better and better freshmen coming into the program. That means we always seem to have a nice mix of experience. It is really amazing to watch how this has been a steady climb in the past 8-9 years.
      Agreed. I think Thumper said it on the pod but I’ll reiterate it here. If it wasn’t for NDSU, our biggest rival, being so successful the past ten years, our more casual fans would appreciate this program a lot more than they currently do. I’m in the camp with JackJD. I think eventually the attendance grows. Bringing home a natty would certainly be a catalyst.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        No idea what Hamlin County (population of 6000) has anything to do with my post. You obviously have no idea what my allegiance to Hamlin County is because if you did you wouldn’t question it.
        From your resources about Hamlin and Watertown people you know your way around that area enough to be pegged a native of Hamlin, but could be wrong. I apologize. Though only 6000 people, SDSU does have great support. Maybe the Jim Marking era and his ties to Hayti started it. If we had an equal percentage of support from Sioux Falls our attendance problems would be solved. Prior the Carr Report I don’t think there much effort to attract support from SF. This is relatively new concept. I think we are making progress despite the Augie ambitions.

Comment

Everyone has been bringing up attendance, but I've been trying to find the attendance numbers from the high school championship games on Friday (I sadly want to compare the numbers.) My searches have come up empty. Has anyone heard anything about those numbers?
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I understand it’s a worry everyone has.... but attendance talk filling up every discussion is getting old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I agree with that 100%. The problem is that when the AD says that increasing attendance is one of their top priorities, that 7200 number is a disappointment. But those that make it to the game at least get to see high quality football.
              I see a lot of people bringing this up, especially Zimmer, in reference to why the attendance numbers are disappointing. Let's not act like just because increasing attendance is a focus of the AD and program that it's just going to magically happen overnight. It's a tough thing to do and an uphill battle considering the state of attendance for all sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                I understand it’s a worry everyone has.... but attendance talk filling up every discussion is getting old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Indubitably, but it affects the players, and don't just take my word for it ... (1:49 mark).

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Everyone has been bringing up attendance, but I've been trying to find the attendance numbers from the high school championship games on Friday (I sadly want to compare the numbers.) My searches have come up empty. Has anyone heard anything about those numbers?
                  It's going to be very difficult to make a valid comparison given differing ticket prices, days/times games were played, and the fact that a single ticket allowed attendance at all games for that day. In addition, if the attendee wanted to leave the premises and return, s/he needed to purchase another ticket.

Comment

Official Attendance was 7317, a slight bump over 7200 of last week. So maybe progress or someone said UNI had a following at the game. I know its old but interesting,

Comment

• Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Official Attendance was 7317, a slight bump over 7200 of last week. So maybe progress or someone said UNI had a following at the game. I know its old but interesting,
                      I'd say there were at least 100-150 UNI fans on the east side alone (and that's only counting the folks I saw wearing UNI garb). There were multiple individuals in neutral "colors" looking ever more sullen as the game progressed, although they could have been lamenting the fact that temperatures made the decision about whether to have that last helping of SDSU ice cream a colder proposition than a certain UNI coach's heart

Comment

Working...
                      X