GDT: SDSU vs CSU @ Ft Collins Moby Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs CSU @ Ft Collins Moby Arena

But......we’re up 1 with the ball with :34 left.

Comment

And another L and not a good one. Frustrating

Comment

That loss hurts. Should've been a win and needs to be a win moving forward.

Comment

Well, we let that one slip away. Free Throws down the stretch really hurt us. Team has shown hints of being good throughout the year, but just haven't put it together yet.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

If this team can start to knock down open looks they will be good. Until then we will get beat by ****ball teams like CSU.

Edit: Like said before, make your damn free throws

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
              But......we’re up 1 with the ball with :34 left.
              How is a deep 3 the look you want in that situation? Get a good look, go up by 3. Then after they hit the 3 and we're down 2, we don't slow it down and get a good shot, Key just jacks up a wild look. Did we have a timeout left? This team just doesn't know how to close out games yet. Missing FTs definitely doesn't help the cause.

Comment

I can't figure out if we have a first 5 or just a second 10.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  How is a deep 3 the look you want in that situation? Get a good look, go up by 3. Then after they hit the 3 and we're down 2, we don't slow it down and get a good shot, Key just jacks up a wild look. Did we have a timeout left? This team just doesn't know how to close out games yet. Missing FTs definitely doesn't help the cause.
                  Agree - coming out of a timeout with 15 seconds on the shot clock, you need to get better than a 28 footer. And where was Doug Wilson down the stretch ? He finally got back in the game with about a minute left.

Comment

Key as a point guard may consider the winning assist to be as important as the shot itself. There are times he gets ahead of himself with the pace. However, the entire game seemed like the Jackrabbits were content to "keep up" with the Rams. They would come from 6-8 points down to even and stop doing the hussle play that spurred the score to even. There were turnovers by many that may have been avoided, but the team did not seem to have a plan to take a commanding lead and win on the road. There are many indications the team can gel this year. The last 3 home games prior to Summit League should be considered must wins.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Even after last night, I still think we are going to a tough out in March.

I also didn't like the three point play they drew up for Freidel out of the TO with 34 seconds left. I think they could have gotten a better look. Ultimately, CSU got a good look from 3 in transition off a long rebound and buried it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        And where was Doug Wilson down the stretch ? He finally got back in the game with about a minute left.
                        On the bench with foul trouble.

We made a run without Wilson, Freidel, and Key in the game so it appeared Hendo was rolling with that lineup because it was working.

Comment

This team is EXCLUSIVELY freshman, sophomores, JUCOs adjusting to a new level, and a guy who sat out last year. That’s it. Closing out close games on the road is an expected problem in this scenario.

Things are far better than I expected. We were better than CSU in almost every way. We’ve competed against P5 schools in multiple close games and taken care of business at home. Hard to complain when you look at where we could be at this point with the above scenario. We’ve got some legit YOUNG, raw, slowly geling talent. Excited for what this team can do in the conference and Summit tourney. We will be in the mix at the top of the league IMO with probably the least experienced team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                            This team is EXCLUSIVELY freshman, sophomores, JUCOs adjusting to a new level, and a guy who sat out last year. That’s it. Closing out close games on the road is an expected problem in this scenario.

Things are far better than I expected. We were better than CSU in almost every way. We’ve competed against P5 schools in multiple close games and taken care of business at home. Hard to complain when you look at where we could be at this point with the above scenario. We’ve got some legit YOUNG, raw, slowly geling talent. Excited for what this team can do in the conference and Summit tourney. We will be in the mix at the top of the league IMO with probably the least experienced team in the league.
                            I agree with this 100%.

Comment

Agree completely. We have the talent, they just need to gain experience and mature. I always think back to Wolters freshman year, and the first couple of years that Daum was here. You can't expect true freshman to come in and dominate, there will be lumps along the way. Even with Marshall and Parks there was an adjustment period before they really got comfortable.

I do really like what I've seen though, and think by tourney time we should be one of the favorites to win.

Comment

I'll raise 100% and go to 1,000%

They've been much better than I thought they would be. And I still thought they could/would improve to about where they are at.

Co State beat Omaha and Denver too, and Arizona monkey stomped Omaha, who some had down as a sleeper bc they beat Washington State.

Give our team some time to grow... there is good stuff coming. Maybe the end of this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X