Hobo Week - Youngstown State Penguins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week - Youngstown State Penguins

Beside Arkansas Pine Bluff have we had it where we feel there has been a Stud #1 guy? I think giving him the field side and letting the other corner have the boundary is important as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      Beside Arkansas Pine Bluff have we had it where we feel there has been a Stud #1 guy? I think giving him the field side and letting the other corner have the boundary is important as well.
      The point was letting him play single man coverage (regardless if they have a #1 stud WR or not) most of the time to allow for double teams elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Question for people. I mostly sit on the east side, but might be getting tickets on the west side for this game. How are the tickets in the upper area on the west side? Anyone that has sat there, did you like it more or less than the lower level on the west side?

Edit: maybe should have put this in one of the ticket threads. Oh well.
        We were in 202 I think. 2nd row from the top. We enjoyed it. Doesn't seem far away at all. Plus being right in front of the luxury boxes helps shelter from the wind a bit. Unless the wind comes from the east that is. I think future games we will go up there again. I feel like we found our spot after sitting in many different sections both east and west sides.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          We were in 202 I think. 2nd row from the top. We enjoyed it. Doesn't seem far away at all. Plus being right in front of the luxury boxes helps shelter from the wind a bit. Unless the wind comes from the east that is. I think future games we will go up there again. I feel like we found our spot after sitting in many different sections both east and west sides.
          I've been in section 201, row 30 since the West side opened. I get a little too excited from time-to-time, and with player families sitting near me, I end up putting my foot in my mouth every once in a while. With that said, I do love the high angle, allowing us to better see plays develop. I also went with a $100 donation section so I don't have to pay the seat donation fees for my Junior Jacks (Have 2 or 3 depending on their year-to-year interested levels), so that alone saves me a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
            I've been in section 201, row 30 since the West side opened. I get a little too excited from time-to-time, and with player families sitting near me, I end up putting my foot in my mouth every once in a while. With that said, I do love the high angle, allowing us to better see plays develop. I also went with a $100 donation section so I don't have to pay the seat donation fees for my Junior Jacks (Have 2 or 3 depending on their year-to-year interested levels), so that alone saves me a ton of money.
            We sat by Brady hales family and relatives. A bunch of people where there for him. Others I'm the section I dont think make many games or had bad memories. They kept talking about this good running back we use to have didn't know what happened to him. Turns out they meant zenner and didn't know he was with the lions after college. Nice people though all around. We went up there with 3 kids give them a little more space when it's not sold out and it was nice. I do prefer compared to the east side.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Then I think what about those family of 5. Ticket packages for families of 4 discriminate against larger families.
              Oh. My. Lord.
              Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              I am quite certain if you called in and said "I have 5 (or more) in my family, can you help me out" the ticket dept. would work something out.
              He just loves every opportunity to be mad about ticket prices.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Hot dang. Use of this clip almost certainly assures a Jacks' Hobo Day victory

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  Oh. My. Lord.

He just loves every opportunity to be mad about ticket prices.....

I think my comment was tongue in cheek.

Comment

I think my comment was tongue in cheek.
                    You seem uncertain.

I have two suggestions: 1) how about this thread getting back on topic (if for no other reason, then for the convenience of readers who are interested in the subject announced by the thread's title); and 2) two or three posters have some gripes...maybe a new section should be started, named, for example, "COMPLAINT BOX". Goon, you'd cover ticket sales, having diaper bags checked at stadium entrances, etc.; Cappinhard, you'd give detailed coaching advice (which I don't mind reading because I'm not strong on the x's and o's -- I'm just a fan who likes to watch the game).

Oh well, carry on. This thread will liven up tomorrow and Friday and then the big day will arrive.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Having a couple of dinged-up o-linemen might make this game more challenging than it should be. Grind-it-out drives will be hard to come by. The Jacks will need excellent games from their big play guys, specifically Taryn Christion, Issac Wallace, Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson. And the back seven on defense will need to play better than they did against Indiana State. I fully expect the Jacks to win, though.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Having a couple of dinged-up o-linemen might make this game more challenging than it should be. Grind-it-out drives will be hard to come by. The Jacks will need excellent games from their big play guys, specifically Taryn Christion, Issac Wallace, Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson. And the back seven on defense will need to play better than they did against Indiana State. I fully expect the Jacks to win, though.
                        I'm curious about the O-line, too. I know that Taryn has tons of passing yards but I think most of his passes are either quick outs, jump balls to Dallas/Jake or shuffle passes. I could be wrong but I don't remember him hitting many long passes. This is just not this season. I remember talking with somebody last year and they were telling me that Jake was injured and that is why Taryn kept overthrowing him. I don't think he hit many deep balls with other receivers either. This year people are talking about the O-line not giving him enough time.
                        I know that some of you know much more than I do so you can tell me that I am wrong but it just seems that way to me. Is there a place where we can see what % of his passes that are thrown 20+ yards down the field and what his completion % is on those passes?
                        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I'm curious about the O-line, too. I know that Taryn has tons of passing yards but I think most of his passes are either quick outs, jump balls to Dallas/Jake or shuffle passes. I could be wrong but I don't remember him hitting many long passes. This is just not this season. I remember talking with somebody last year and they were telling me that Jake was injured and that is why Taryn kept overthrowing him. I don't think he hit many deep balls with other receivers either. This year people are talking about the O-line not giving him enough time.
                          I know that some of you know much more than I do so you can tell me that I am wrong but it just seems that way to me. Is there a place where we can see what % of his passes that are thrown 20+ yards down the field and what his completion % is on those passes?
                          Thank you!
                          He's connected with Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson on multiple deep throws this season. No doubt he's misfired too. I can think of a pass last game, which I believe was intended for Anderson, that sailed on him.

Nevertheless, he's leading FCS in passing efficiency by a considerable margin, and he's second in conference (#13 in FCS), to Stick, in yds/completion

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            Thank you!
                            Are we really picking TC as the thing to question right now? REALLY? Good grief.....

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Are we really picking TC as the thing to question right now? REALLY? Good grief.....

There's a guy behind me who makes a point of complimenting the receivers' effort on completions, and he's typically good for at least one "caught that in spite of Christion"-esque comment every other game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                There's a guy behind me who makes a point of complimenting the receivers' effort on completions, and he's typically good for at least one "caught that in spite of Christion"-esque comment every other game.
                                Yeah some people just love ragging on him and I don’t really get it. He’s got the highest qb efficiency in the country, 2nd most passing TDs, and the 2nd highest completion percentage in the country. That’s after a game against NDSU in Fargo, all with one INT in over 100 attempts. I’m 100% convinced the people who want to bitch about him constantly just either want something to bitch about or have some sort of rooting interest in having a different starting qb for us. Like being from the Mitchell area maybe? I just don’t get it....

Comment

Working...
                                X