2019 Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Was wearing my SDSU jacket in the cafeteria at work (in Denver) and the server asked me if my college was San Diego State or South Dakota State. I said South Dakota State and his response was, "Hey, you guys have College Gameday this weekend!"

I think it's hard to overstate how big of deal this is for our national brand. The guy didn't even know our colors (or our stretched SD logo), yet he knew what school was hosting ESPN's pregame show.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
      Why does it not surprise me they would do a jackass move like this.
      I was trying to decide how I feel about this move, and I think I just have to respect it tbh. I put myself in their shoes and thought about what would happen if NDSU had gameday for their game against us in Fargo... I would sure hope there would be a concerted effort to get multiple buses up to Fargo as early as possible so we can represent. Their fans would probably end up being there before us anyway... Guess what, we can do the same thing. Most of us live within an hr, they have a 3 hr drive. We have every opportunity to completely take over the front spots if we want to, we just might not have as rabid of fans as they do. Essentially it boils down to... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I was trying to decide how I feel about this move, and I think I just have to respect it tbh. I put myself in their shoes and thought about what would happen if NDSU had gameday for their game against us in Fargo... I would sure hope there would be a concerted effort to get multiple buses up to Fargo as early as possible so we can represent. Their fans would probably end up being there before us anyway... Guess what, we can do the same thing. Most of us live within an hr, they have a 3 hr drive. We have every opportunity to completely take over the front spots if we want to, we just might not have as rabid of fans as they do. Essentially it boils down to... Don't hate the player, hate the game.
        Sure, I respect them like I do rattlesnakes and rats -- from a distance and with hope that I never see them "in the wild." I'll take in Gameday a bit beforehand, but my Rabbit rabidity will be in playoff form starting at kickoff.

Lee Corso picks the Jacks after the folks at Cubby's wow him with a delicious batch of Italian nachos, and Jack's win 30-24 fueled by defensive TD and career-best performances by Janke and Strong.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Sure, I respect them like I do rattlesnakes and rats -- from a distance and with hope that I never see them "in the wild." I'll take in Gameday a bit beforehand, but my Rabbit rabidity will be in playoff form starting at kickoff.

Lee Corso picks the Jacks after the folks at Cubby's wow him with a delicious batch of Italian nachos, and Jack's win 30-24 fueled by defensive TD and career-best performances by Janke and Strong.
          Excited to officially be apart of the board and first post, going to be a great weekend! Speaking of Cubby's, anyone know if they are going to be the tailgate of the game? Gameday always highlights a tailgate or grilling of some sort and they were my first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Was wearing my SDSU jacket in the cafeteria at work (in Denver) and the server asked me if my college was San Diego State or South Dakota State. I said South Dakota State and his response was, "Hey, you guys have College Gameday this weekend!"

I think it's hard to overstate how big of deal this is for our national brand. The guy didn't even know our colors (or our stretched SD logo), yet he knew what school was hosting ESPN's pregame show.
            Why is this a "jackass" move if you don't like it , support your team better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
              Rumor going around in Twitter that NDSU is sending up to 26 buses full of fans down to gameday to arrive at 5 AM Saturday and take over the set. Now granted, this is from our barstool account, which is shaky, at best. But can anyone confirm or deny any rumors about buses of Bison arriving early Saturday morning (or late Friday night)?

And secondly, are our students going to camp out Friday night? Sure seems like a good idea to me. Even if it isn't true, why not guarantee a spot in the front row? If I were still on campus, I'd sure as hell be out there Friday night. Any sort of organized effort to block out the green and yellow hoard? We really cannot afford to have them take over the front row of the set.
              I have watched KSFY coverage for 1 1/2 hours this morning and the bison have not been around the camera. I did see #1 Jack Fan.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Bmaas View Post
                Why is this a "jackass" move if you don't like it , support your team better.
                Because bison nation will do anything to piss in our punch bowl. They don’t want us to have any success or enjoyment.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

The Pit is also a controlled area for admission. It would seem likely that area could be Jackrabbit preference. It may be likely that the bison could get close to the area behind the Pit. Any people or students that wish to get premium locations should be serious on effort. Effort may create a better result than whining. If there are some on the board that intend to be there, get there early like you wanted tickets for a rock concert or in earlier days when I was buying the next year's Summit League Tournament tickets before Ticketmaster.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    Because bison nation will do anything to piss in our punch bowl. They don’t want us to have any success or enjoyment.
                    Should we expect them to cheer rabidly for us as well?

Comment

Rumor going around in Twitter that NDSU is sending up to 26 buses full of fans down to gameday to arrive at 5 AM Saturday and take over the set....
                      To be honest, I expected and have been telling people this was probably going to be the case from the second ESPN announced they were coming.

That fanbase travels insane for a "regular" game, let alone a game with this much activity. And I agree with Cappin...mad respect to them if they do...we have every opportunity to fill the place that they do, so if there's more green and yellow than blue behind gameday, that's our fault.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacksSW View Post
                        Excited to officially be apart of the board and first post, going to be a great weekend! Speaking of Cubby's, anyone know if they are going to be the tailgate of the game? Gameday always highlights a tailgate or grilling of some sort and they were my first thought.
                        I would think Nicks Hamburgers
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Rumor going around in Twitter that NDSU is sending up to 26 buses full of fans down to gameday to arrive at 5 AM Saturday and take over the set. Now granted, this is from our barstool account, which is shaky, at best. But can anyone confirm or deny any rumors about buses of Bison arriving early Saturday morning (or late Friday night)?

And secondly, are our students going to camp out Friday night? Sure seems like a good idea to me. Even if it isn't true, why not guarantee a spot in the front row? If I were still on campus, I'd sure as hell be out there Friday night. Any sort of organized effort to block out the green and yellow hoard? We really cannot afford to have them take over the front row of the set.
                          If they are saying they will be there at 5. that probably means they will get there an hour or two before that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            If they are saying they will be there at 5. that probably means they will get there an hour or two before that.
                            I know a lot of people that attended Game Day at Iowa State a month ago. From what I was told by them, and granted that was nearly 60,000 people at the game, so a larger overall general audience in the vicinity, but if you weren't in line for Game Day by 4:00 or 5:00am, good luck getting anywhere near the stage or pit. ISU I believe opened up their tailgating lots to RV's the night before, and everyone else that morning. Ames had standstill traffic at 5am from tailgaters and game day.

I would assume there are enough general college football fans at SDSU that have grown up watching Game Day every Saturday morning and realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for them, that they will wait in line all night to be able to watch Game Day up close and make it a college experience for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              I know a lot of people that attended Game Day at Iowa State a month ago. From what I was told by them, and granted that was nearly 60,000 people at the game, so a larger overall general audience in the vicinity, but if you weren't in line for Game Day by 4:00 or 5:00am, good luck getting anywhere near the stage or pit. ISU I believe opened up their tailgating lots to RV's the night before, and everyone else that morning. Ames had standstill traffic at 5am from tailgaters and game day.

I would assume there are enough general college football fans at SDSU that have grown up watching Game Day every Saturday morning and realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for them, that they will wait in line all night to be able to watch Game Day up close and make it a college experience for themselves.
                              Yup, I'm afraid that people on campus/around town don't get it that they need to be there WAY early. All the promos and releases keep talking about "See you at 8". The university needs to officially start telling people to get there earlier. It says you can line up bu 5:30 AM, but it doesn't say you should be planning on lining up by that time.

I'm just going that between all thr student groups, Greek life, the band, etc, that there are a few hundred students ready to be out there tonight and early into the morning to fill the front rows with blue.

Comment

Yup, I'm afraid that people on campus/around town don't get it that they need to be there WAY early. All the promos and releases keep talking about "See you at 8". The university needs to officially start telling people to get there earlier. It says you can line up bu 5:30 AM, but it doesn't say you should be planning on lining up by that time.

I'm just going that between all thr student groups, Greek life, the band, etc, that there are a few hundred students ready to be out there tonight and early into the morning to fill the front rows with blue.

Its simple, just don't let the NDSU bus stop close to campus. make them walk across town and most of them wouldn't probably make it that far. or wouldn't get there till 9. or just have UPd check for drunks or if they have wrist bands and that will annoy them enough to keep them out of the area.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X