Clear All

Re: TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    Bison fans are supposed to wear yellow.
    What are Towson's colors?

Comment

,black and yellow
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        ,black and yellow
        Wierd ndsu would want to wear yellow when that's the other schools color also.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Towson played at LSU last year and played them to a close game. Not much would surprise after that, would it?
          I don't see how a game last year has much impact on a game this year. I'm not a guy that believes a whole lot in "moral" victories. All I know is that the Bison have been stomping everyone and they can stop the one thing Townson excels in found which is running the ball. This isn't the EWU defense. and, no matter what kind of inspired ball they are playing nothing matches NDSU's pursuit to put their hat in the ring for one of the best ever.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I don't see how a game last year has much impact on a game this year. I'm not a guy that believes a whole lot in "moral" victories. All I know is that the Bison have been stomping everyone and they can stop the one thing Townson excels in found which is running the ball. This isn't the EWU defense. and, no matter what kind of inspired ball they are playing nothing matches NDSU's pursuit to put their hat in the ring for one of the best ever.
            Again, I am not predicting a win for Towson (there is no second "n", they are really sensitive about that), but was reacting to the four-touchdown margins predicted earlier in this string. The point about Towson sticking with LSUlast year (they were within a touchdown in the third quarter and lost by something like 16) and about Towson beating Connecticut this year is that this new coach has instilled a new ethic that has been a somewhat big story out in this area of the country. Towson was a joke and won something like 10 games over five seasons before he got here. As mighty as the Bison might be, I would never sell a team that has run the gauntlet like Towson has short in a championship game. As far as running game, Towson's starting QB - who, according to the latest local media reports might be able to play - threw for over 3,000 yards this year, about 500 more than Brock Jensen. So I don't think it is quite accurate to say the "one thing Towson excels in" is running the ball. They have been remarkably balanced.
            RE: The LSU experience, it's just my opinion but I think that the Jacks playing Nebraska this year will help the returning players as far as composure, handling hostile crowds, etc. Others may disagree, but I do think any kid who played in front of 92,000 and change in Baton Rogue is not going to be surprised by a few thousand Bison crazies showing up. Never underestimate the underdog in championship games.
            There is some pretty good FCS football played in this area of the country.

Comment

I'm expecting a good game from both teams. West is a beast and it will be a challenge for the Bison defense to slow him down.

I'm expecting at least a 90% Bison ( stadium break down ) fan turnout for this game. I bought tickets in the Towson section on the 50 yard line, along with many other Bison fans.

Towson is going to have to be able to pass the ball to win. If they just run West all game they will get blown out IMO.

Bison win this 35-17

Comment

Regarding Towson, and invoking the slogan of my now-adopted home state, they'll have to "Show Me."

The Bison don't need to show me anything. I've seen it already.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I fully expect NDSU to thoroughly beat Towson State. I don't care how good Towson is on paper. There is just something about a team that has been there and done that. Plus, NDSU will be playing to send Bohl out a champ. This thing could and probably will get ugly. Plus, plus, it's basically a home game for the Bison.

I'm pulling for NDSU because I think it is good for the conference.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I just hope the bars ordered extra beer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      NDSU will be playing to send Bohl out a champ. This thing could and probably will get ugly.
                      I think it will be a virtual repeat of the last two weeks for NDSU. Most casual viewers like myself will probably change the channel by halftime. Of course, I know literally nothing about Towson. In fact, I had not even heard of that university (college?) until two weeks ago. I still could not tell you what state it is in! I know plenty about NDSU though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I think it will be a virtual repeat of the last two weeks for NDSU. Most casual viewers like myself will probably change the channel by halftime. Of course, I know literally nothing about Towson. In fact, I had not even heard of that university (college?) until two weeks ago. I still could not tell you what state it is in! I know plenty about NDSU though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Towson University is in Towson, Maryland a suburb of Baltimore
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Wierd ndsu would want to wear yellow when that's the other schools color also.
                          yes since we will have more fans they will blend in. theyd be wise to wear black

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                            yes since we will have more fans they will blend in. theyd be wise to wear black
                            Gosh I never thought of that. More fans, that's what it takes. You have so ridiculous many.

Comment

Going along with the flow, it will be......

Bohl (Ditka) 4,761 Towson negative 63 ... Bohl plays just himself the entire second half and returns two punts for touchdowns, scores four safeties and serves popcorn to the first three rows in between plays. Takes himself out for two plays on defense but Towson cannot score because Bohl has installed a magnetic vaporizing field over their goal line. All four Towson fans are turned away at the gate, their tickets taken by one of the entire 690,000 and change people from the entire state of North Dakota who show up in a fleet of fan buses that had begun traveling on Aug. 6 and sets the all-time Guiness Book of World Records for Continuous Moving Fandom. Bohl/Bison are so great they literally convert all UND Nameless Fans on New Year's eve. On Game Day there is literally no one left to frack in North Dakota. Upon popular demand the world's largest wraparound giant screen is set up in the parking lot to handle the overflow, and Will Farrell does a series of specially designed Dodge commercials just for North Dakotans. My fave: "Runs on super-charged Bison flatulence!" At the end of the game, the rapture occurs and all Bison seniors (college, not fan) levitate to heaven, where they will become immediate starters on Vince Lombardi's All Heaven Packers.

You guys are right. Towson might as well not show up.

Comment

It seems that you have real issue with no one giving Towson a chance. Does it really matter?
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X