Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOWSON VS NDSU Frisco National Championship

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I'm of the opinion that NDSU is arguably a top 25 FBS team this year.

Amusingly, several AP poll voters were of the same opinion, as NDSU got 4 points in the "receiving votes" portion of the AP top 25 football poll. (I didn't know that when I started typing this post, but thought to look just for the heck of it).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...poll/1/week/16
    I hate to say this but its like the Bison have been playing at a different level for last three years. Are they really a FCS team? Even I feel qualified to be their coach. Towson might be lucky if they get 3 or 4 Zenners for totally rushing. We will get to see how good Towson RB West fares against the Defense and that will be a key statistic in this game. Rumor has it West is going NFL next year, and will not finish at Towson.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I hate to say this but its like the Bison have been playing at a different level for last three years. Are they really a FCS team? Even I feel qualified to be their coach. Towson might be lucky if they get 3 or 4 Zenners for totally rushing. We will get to see how good Towson RB West fares against the Defense and that will be a key statistic in this game. Rumor has it West is going NFL next year, and will not finish at Towson.
      Reading your post about "Zenners" made me laugh out loud (I know it isn't the first time you've done it). You've got a good sense of humor.

Next year is going to be very fun...I have a feeling the playing field will be leveled. I just hope our conference gets a little more love next year.

Comment

The Bison finish their perfect season with a 42-14 handing-to.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The game line opened at -7.5 and has gone up to -13 in less than a week. Hope you got your bets in early because Vegas made a huge mistake. And 13 isn't enough either. They won 39-13 last year and I would expect about the same score. It may be worse if Towson's backup QB has to play. He did lead them on the game winning drive last week, but not with his arm. Their passing game will be very limited if he is in.

I would love to see a game between this Bison team and the best of the App St three-peat teams.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            The game line opened at -7.5 and has gone up to -13 in less than a week. Hope you got your bets in early because Vegas made a huge mistake. And 13 isn't enough either. They won 39-13 last year and I would expect about the same score. It may be worse if Towson's backup QB has to play. He did lead them on the game winning drive last week, but not with his arm. Their passing game will be very limited if he is in.

I would love to see a game between this Bison team and the best of the App St three-peat teams.
            Did you see the game? He was 5-5 for 48 yards on that winning drive, including for three crucial first downs. I agree that NDSU is favored but I would not count on a blowout. Towson has been too resourceful, is well coached, and this is a neutral site.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Did you see the game? He was 5-5 for 48 yards on that winning drive, including for three crucial first downs. I agree that NDSU is favored but I would not count on a blowout. Towson has been too resourceful, is well coached, and this is a neutral site.
              Neutral site? I think not. NDSU wins easily.

Comment

Neutral, in that it isn't in Fargo dome. 90% bison audience @ game tho.

Comment

Whens the game? Saturday I'm guessing?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Neutral, in that it isn't in Fargo dome. 90% bison audience @ game tho.
                    Until the Towson people realized the Bison were buying the Towson allotment from Towson, they were increasing the Bison attendance even more. There will be enough green in the stands that the Tigers will think it is a John Deere convention. It is difficult to think the game will be close as I have watched the last 2 games against opponents who were to play close. The 12th man at Frisco will surprise Towson.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Whens the game? Saturday I'm guessing?
                      2 pm on Saturday Jan 4.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        There will be enough green in the stands that the Tigers will think it is a John Deere convention.
                        Bison fans are supposed to wear yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                          Bison fans are supposed to wear yellow.
                          Whoops, I missed the memo!

Comment

Until the Towson people realized the Bison were buying the Towson allotment from Towson, they were increasing the Bison attendance even more. There will be enough green in the stands that the Tigers will think it is a John Deere convention. It is difficult to think the game will be close as I have watched the last 2 games against opponents who were to play close. The 12th man at Frisco will surprise Towson.
                            Towson played at LSU last year and played them to a close game. Not much would surprise after that, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Towson played at LSU last year and played them to a close game. Not much would surprise after that, would it?
                              Anything is possible, but I do not expect any FCS teams to come back and beat the Bison if they were down 10 points in the 4th quarter. Towson did not have any quit last week, but EWU did not plow them under like the Bison might. I t follows the same formula Osborne had with the Huskers which was strength and conditioning finishing off the second half. It was not too fancy and it was physical.

Comment

2 pm on Saturday Jan 4.
                                1 pm central.

Comment

Working...
                                X