STATE Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATE Magazine

Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: STATE Magazine

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    Most, if not all, SDSU alumni have probably received the latest issue of STATE. Be sure and read the cover story, Tractors for Africa. It is a good example of educating people in the spirit and purpose of land grant institutions and making a better world, not just making more profit. It also give all SDSU alumni, especially those of us who aren't agriculture majors, another opportunity to be very proud of the agriculture foundation of our university.
    Yes it was a very interesting story about solving the world hunger problem. Seems like we have so many stories about fund raising and maybe I getting confused with the Foundation and this was a very good exception. Also a story about the Deputy Secretary of Agriculture being a SDSU alum was interesting.

Comment

There is also a good article about Chris Bono and the wrestling program.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        There is also a good article about Chris Bono and the wrestling program.
        Forgot to mention. Yes very good

Comment

When I read that article, it may me very proud. You're absolutely right, WRJ: SDSU continues to do a fantastic job turning out people who make a difference.

Comment

I always found it odd when USD fans make fun of SDSU by calling us “Moo U” or playing “Old MacDonald”. I’m proud to attend an Ag School focused on feeding the world. That’s what we do best in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I always found it odd when USD fans make fun of SDSU by calling us “Moo U” or playing “Old MacDonald”. I’m proud to attend an Ag School focused on feeding the world. That’s what we do best in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              THAT'S why their band was singing that at the tournament! The older lady sitting next to me and I were trying to figure that song choice out....flew right over our heads!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                THAT'S why their band was singing that at the tournament! The older lady sitting next to me and I were trying to figure that song choice out....flew right over our heads!
                They were also chanting "overrated" every time Macy was shooting free throws during the game. Even at the end when it was pretty clear we were going to win. At that point me and a small group around me started chanting back "M-V-P"....one of their trombone players took exception to that... to the point where his band director had to tell him to cool it. It was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  They were also chanting "overrated" every time Macy was shooting free throws during the game. Even at the end when it was pretty clear we were going to win. At that point me and a small group around me started chanting back "M-V-P"....one of their trombone players took exception to that... to the point where his band director had to tell him to cool it. It was pretty funny.
                  As she shot 6-8 on them and had 11 rebounds....granted she was only an uncharacteristic 4-7 at the line....
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                  X