• Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Stig poking the bear

This very funny explanation JDJack

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      You know that's not an accurate statement and you're afraid of the truth:

Yes, that is me. I was inside an establishment near Target Field, 8/31/19 and, yes, if you saw what I saw, you would have spit out your drink too.

I had been in Minneapolis that week for work and a little play: I had great tickets for the Thursday night Jackrabbits v. Gophers game. The next day's headlines called it pretty accurately: the Gophers avoided the upset. That wasn't a win. Damn, 28-21. Well, I had to get my head back into work: more depositions the next day which continued into Saturday morning.

A witness finally cracked that Saturday and opposing counsel suggested a working lunch to discuss settlement. The other side bought lunch. Two hours later, the other side had agreed to pay for more than lunch. Briefcases were closed and my associate and I decided to make a stop at a favorite watering hole near Target Field. I was seated near the window -- the Minneapolis version of a buffalo roundup appeared to be occurring outside on the sidewalk and street. Ah yes, the Bison were in town to play Butler at the baseball stadium. As I took the last swallow of my drink, my eyes saw one of NDSU's finest. I lost my drink and nearly lost my lunch. There was the Socalledfan, across the street, leaning against the wall, while the individual he was with (girlfriend? wife? sister? NDSU cheerleader?) had totally forgotten she was not in Fargo.

I said to my associate: a day will come when this event will be denied. But as I said that, I noticed an alert fellow sporting a tattered Sioux Hockey jersey, whip out his phone and point it toward the sickening scene. I also noticed many Bison fans walking by, acting as though this was an expected pre-game occurrence for Bison games.

Warning: the following is not suitable for work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bertfarle...68001047040000

Any reasonable person would have spit out their drink.

I didn't see Thesocalledfan (or any Bison fan) register the slightest upset about his companion's behavior.

Post script: The NDSU game is going to be one game in which we pray for a doubling of the campus cops' presence for tailgating.
      So at current rates that's what, an $97 dollar explanation? or is there a 1Hr min?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        So at current rates that's what, an $97 dollar explanation? or is there a 1Hr min?
        slosho: you may be surprised how much time you have to waste if you eliminate video games.

Comment

slosho: you may be surprised how much time you have to waste if you eliminate video games.
          Wouldn't know Don't play them.

Comment

You know that's not an accurate statement and you're afraid of the truth:

Yes, that is me. I was inside an establishment near Target Field, 8/31/19 and, yes, if you saw what I saw, you would have spit out your drink too.

I had been in Minneapolis that week for work and a little play: I had great tickets for the Thursday night Jackrabbits v. Gophers game. The next day's headlines called it pretty accurately: the Gophers avoided the upset. That wasn't a win. Damn, 28-21. Well, I had to get my head back into work: more depositions the next day which continued into Saturday morning.

A witness finally cracked that Saturday and opposing counsel suggested a working lunch to discuss settlement. The other side bought lunch. Two hours later, the other side had agreed to pay for more than lunch. Briefcases were closed and my associate and I decided to make a stop at a favorite watering hole near Target Field. I was seated near the window -- the Minneapolis version of a buffalo roundup appeared to be occurring outside on the sidewalk and street. Ah yes, the Bison were in town to play Butler at the baseball stadium. As I took the last swallow of my drink, my eyes saw one of NDSU's finest. I lost my drink and nearly lost my lunch. There was the Socalledfan, across the street, leaning against the wall, while the individual he was with (girlfriend? wife? sister? NDSU cheerleader?) had totally forgotten she was not in Fargo.

I said to my associate: a day will come when this event will be denied. But as I said that, I noticed an alert fellow sporting a tattered Sioux Hockey jersey, whip out his phone and point it toward the sickening scene. I also noticed many Bison fans walking by, acting as though this was an expected pre-game occurrence for Bison games.

Warning: the following is not suitable for work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bertfarle...68001047040000

Any reasonable person would have spit out their drink.

I didn't see Thesocalledfan (or any Bison fan) register the slightest upset about his companion's behavior.

Post script: The NDSU game is going to be one game in which we pray for a doubling of the campus cops' presence for tailgating.
            But she had to go! What was I supposed to do? LOL

Cops will not be needed at my tailgate as that was my old girlfriend, and when I put her out to graze, she never came back. However, I do have 85 of my closest friends coming.......11 more days!

Comment

So let's get serious for a moment to show what's at stake. SDSU and NDSU both started the five-year transition from DII to DI with the 2003/2004 school year. Both schools were officially, full DI members starting in the Fall of 2008.

SDSU ended the DII version of the rivalry with a 25-20 win over NDSU in Brookings in 2002. But, no use in talking about that win.

Since 2003, SDSU's regular season record against NDSU is six wins, nine losses. The wins were in 04, 07, 08, 09, 16 and 17. The two schools met in the playoffs in the following years, NDSU winning all of the playoff games: 2012, 14, 16 and 18. So, the overall win/loss record for SDSU since 2003: 6 wins, 13 losses.

I haven't exhaustively searched NDSU's win/loss records against all opponents since 2003 but it seems about certain that SDSU has the best record against NDSU in those years. Combine that thought with the fact that the game is in Brookings and four of the six regular-season wins since 2003 have been in Brookings, including the 2017 win, 33-21.

Bottom line: After everyone plays nice at tailgating (serious--there has been some good tailgating with the Bison fans), we have to scream our heads off, encouraging the Jacks to kick some buffalo butt and send them home demoralized, beat-up, penniless, illiterate scoundrels...and forced to take TheSoCalledFan's former girlfriend back to Fargo.

Comment

So let's get serious for a moment to show what's at stake. SDSU and NDSU both started the five-year transition from DII to DI with the 2003/2004 school year. Both schools were officially, full DI members starting in the Fall of 2008.

SDSU ended the DII version of the rivalry with a 25-20 win over NDSU in Brookings in 2002. But, no use in talking about that win.

Since 2003, SDSU's regular season record against NDSU is six wins, nine losses. The wins were in 04, 07, 08, 09, 16 and 17. The two schools met in the playoffs in the following years, NDSU winning all of the playoff games: 2012, 14, 16 and 18. So, the overall win/loss record for SDSU since 2003: 6 wins, 13 losses.

I haven't exhaustively searched NDSU's win/loss records against all opponents since 2003 but it seems about certain that SDSU has the best record against NDSU in those years. Combine that thought with the fact that the game is in Brookings and four of the six regular-season wins since 2003 have been in Brookings, including the 2017 win, 33-21.

Bottom line: After everyone plays nice at tailgating (serious--there has been some good tailgating with the Bison fans), we have to scream our heads off, encouraging the Jacks to kick some buffalo butt and send them home demoralized, beat-up, penniless, illiterate scoundrels...and forced to take TheSoCalledFan's former girlfriend back to Fargo.
                I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but if we are being serious, until we beat the bison in the playoffs they are head and shoulders above us. I take no solace in the fact we may have the most wins against them since 2004. If I'm remembering correctly only one of the playoff games was close. We need to beat them when all the chips are in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I realize this may be an unpopular opinion but if we are being serious, until we beat the bison in the playoffs they are head and shoulders above us. I take no solace in the fact we may have the most wins against them since 2004. If I'm remembering correctly only one of the playoff games was close. We need to beat them when all the chips are in the middle.
                  2014... What might have been. ****.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. We need to get to the point where we routinely beat them, regular season and playoffs, and start taking some national championships. NDSU's success for more than 50 years is very impressive.

The bums.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      2014... What might have been. ****.
                      At least you can tell folks you saw Carson Wentz play in college......

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                        At least you can tell folks you saw Carson Wentz play in college......
                        You mean he's not injured again?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          You mean he's not injured again?
                          good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            good one!
                            Honestly, it was a bit of a reach, but I went for it anyway. It's a freakin' two year old thread after all.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Honestly, it was a bit of a reach, but I went for it anyway. It's a freakin' two year old thread after all.
                              Carson is a big boy and can handle it. After all, Stig coached DAD Wentz at Northern. Maybe Dad was subjected to too many Laps for chicken sh@t stuff. Who knows!

Comment

Working...
                              X