2012 Commissioner's Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Commissioner's Cup

I have been asked to update the standings of the Commissioner's Cup for 2012. Below are the standings at this time. We are currently in 2nd place, but unless NDSU really tanks the remaining sports, it is theirs to lose.

Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: 2012 Commissioner's Cup

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Rep points deserving!

Comment

Two fixes in Men's Soccer:
      UMKC: 2.5 to 2.0
      OU: 2.5 to 3.0

Source: http://www.thesummitleague.org//pdf8/834247.pdf

Comment

Final results.

Comment

About time NDSU won one. Rather disapointed in SDSU finishing 4th. Not good IMO. Also USD women finished ahead of us.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kind of an odd thing happened this year. WIU has the largest number of Summit sports(all 19 of them) yet finished in last place. NDSU is tied with IUPUI for the fewest(14) yet took the cup. Doesn't mean much, but kinda weird for it to happen.

Comment

A case of Quality over Quantity, perhaps?
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                Kind of an odd thing happened this year. WIU has the largest number of Summit sports(all 19 of them) yet finished in last place. NDSU is tied with IUPUI for the fewest(14) yet took the cup. Doesn't mean much, but kinda weird for it to happen.
                I thought the more sports you had the better chance you had of winning this award but this year makes me wonder. It might be better to get rid of some "smaller" sports to concentrate on the other ones.
                Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving- The schools that have these sports finished in 4th, 6th, 7th 9th and 10th(last) in total team points.
                Men's Soccer- The schools with this sport finished in 2nd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th(last).
                Men's Tennis- The schools with this sport finished in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th and 10th(last). This sport did have 3 of the top 5 in total points at the end of the year.
                ORU had both Men's Soccer and Tennis and they finished 2nd overall in team points but WIU and IUPUI are the only schools to sponsor all 4 of these sports and they finished in 9th and 10th overall. Oakland has 3 of these sports and they finished in 7th overall. SDSU is the only school that had 3 of these 4 that finished in the top 6 in the final standings. They finished in 4th overall.
                This just might have a weird year but I sure found that strange.

Comment

Working...
                X