• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 OOC

Cayman Islands Classic
    Nov. 20-22: George Town, Cayman Islands
    Quarterfinals
    11/20

Buffalo Bulls (MAC) (Cayman Islands Classic via Twitter)
    Cincinnati Bearcats (American)
    Iowa Hawkeyes (Big Ten)
    Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (Sun Belt)
    Richmond Spiders (A 10)
    South Dakota State Jackrabbits (Summit)
    UAB Blazers (C-USA)
    Wyoming Cowboys (MW)
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: 2017-18 OOC

Pretty cool for the Jacks to be invited to this inaugural tournament. Hopefully it grows into something rather than die out after a year or two. Also, good chance for the team to make a statement early in the season.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Does this decrease the chances of a 4 team mid-major event at the Pentagon like we saw last year ? If it does, hopefully the Jacks will schedule a single game there, maybe against a P5 type opponent. Would love to see Iowa State come in.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Does this decrease the chances of a 4 team mid-major event at the Pentagon like we saw last year ? If it does, hopefully the Jacks will schedule a single game there, maybe against a P5 type opponent. Would love to see Iowa State come in.
        I remember reading earlier in spring about them playing pentagon again next year but I can't track down the article. I'm assuming sdsu and usd playing at pentagon will be an annual thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          They can't play in the Pentagon tourney, there is some rule about playing in the same event each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            They can't play in the Pentagon tourney, there is some rule about playing in the same event each year.

I looked it up. You can participate in the same exempt tournament once every four years. That's not to say that a non conference game can't be scheduled for the Pentagon, it just can't be part of the exempt event.

Comment

Perhaps one of the other Dakota schools can be in the Pentagon Showcase? Rotate between the four schools and keep doing it every year.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                I looked it up. You can participate in the same exempt tournament once every four years. That's not to say that a non conference game can't be scheduled for the Pentagon, it just can't be part of the exempt event.

Conferences can play teams in the same event over and over again,like the Big 10 vs ACC Tournament,etc.,so conferences are exempt from this rule you're talking about? I know the teams rotate hosting for each conference, and the games are all played on different home courts, divided equally between the two conferences . Although it's an annual event, maybe each game is considered just a regular non-confrence game? That must be how they are able to do it without violating some NCAA rule. I know, or seen it mentioned to be more precise, we can only participate ,for example. in the "Paradise Jam" and similar tournaments once every four years.

Comment

Those conference challenges are just part of the non conference schedule. The Pentagon classic is an exempt event. Teams playing in an exempt event can play a 27 game schedule plus 4 games in the exempt event. If you don't participate in an exempt tourney, a team can schedule 29 games.

Comment

I don't know or claim to know so I'm looking for clarification.

Are we sure the pentagon classic is an exempt event and not just 3 out of conference games in 3 days? The reason I'm questioning is if a team can participate in 4 games in an exempt event wouldn't they want to maximize those games rather then get only 3?
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      I don't know or claim to know so I'm looking for clarification.

Are we sure the pentagon classic is an exempt event and not just 3 out of conference games in 3 days? The reason I'm questioning is if a team can participate in 4 games in an exempt event wouldn't they want to maximize those games rather then get only 3?
                      We did get 4 games last year. The game in Irvine was considered part of the Pentagon event. The first round was played at campus sites.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/www.blogg...MTE-background

Comment

Jackrabbits to travel to Wichita State on Dec. 5th.
                          http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...147152619.html

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                            Jackrabbits to travel to Wichita State on Dec. 5th.
                            http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...147152619.html
                            Any chance we get a return game from them? 2 for 1 deal?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Any chance we get a return game from them? 2 for 1 deal?
                              I would be shocked if that ever happens. Hell, we cant even get UNI to come Frost.

Comment

Working...
                              X