NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft

Really cool to see Jacks on draftboards. It says a lot for the recruiting and development over the past 5 years.
    Kipers Top 300 Out
    Taryn Christon- 35th QB - Not in Top 300
    Jordan Brown- 19th Corner 139 Top 300
    Brandon Snyder- 21st Safety 273 Top 300

McShay
    Taryn - Not listed
    Jordan 194 Top 300
    Brandon - Not listed

No Brady Hale on either list, but several lists have him in the Top 15 of 2019 punters. Might need to sign with another league and prove his value over the next couple years.
    Brandon - Obviously w/ his latest ACL setback you won't hear his name this weekend. I haven't heard about how his rehab is going.
    Jordan - I think he'll be a 4th or 5th round selection. His Senior Bowl was very inconsistent, but his Pro Day was very solid. I think his tape will move him into the 4th round.
    Taryn - It is shocking to me how low he is on draft boards. I think he is an intriguing prospect. He has an NFL skill set. I'm sure he'll get a shot somewhere.

Re: NFL Draft

I hope that Tiana Pupungatoa gets a shot to make an NFL team, too. He's got good size (6-5, 310) and by all accounts is very strong and tough.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I hope that Tiana Pupungatoa gets a shot to make an NFL team, too. He's got good size (6-5, 310) and by all accounts is very strong and tough.
      I'd think a team like the Vikings could use a guy like Tiano on the practice squad. I see him projecting as a guard or possibly a right tackle in the NFL. His speed/quickness may be what's holding him back.

HERO Sports did a mock pro day/combine list to compare numbers for FCS players. Tiano tested very well in strength categories. He would have been in the top 10 at the combine with his bench press (29 reps), vertical (32.5"), and broad jump (116").

Strength and versatility could get him on a practice squad. With depth being an issue for teams like the Vikes, that could translate to roster time later in the season. He just needs to get signed by the right team to get meaningful reps.

Comment

Congrats to Jordan Brown who was picked in the 7th round by the Cincinnati Bengals!

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
          Congrats to Jordan Brown who was picked in the 7th round by the Cincinnati Bengals!
          How in the world did he fall to the 7th round?

Comment

Taryn signs with Seattle.

Comment

Christion has signed with the Seahawks. They only have two QB's on their current roster and didn't draft one, so looks like a good place to compete for the backup spot.

Comment

Christion has signed with the Seahawks. They only have two QB's on their current roster and didn't draft one, so looks like a good place to compete for the backup spot.
                Maybe he can room with Macy.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wilson runs more, but their games are similiar in a number of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Wilson runs more, but their games are similiar in a number of ways.
                    That was my first thought. Probably why since having a back up with a similar skill set helps.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      I'd think a team like the Vikings could use a guy like Tiano on the practice squad. I see him projecting as a guard or possibly a right tackle in the NFL. His speed/quickness may be what's holding him back.

HERO Sports did a mock pro day/combine list to compare numbers for FCS players. Tiano tested very well in strength categories. He would have been in the top 10 at the combine with his bench press (29 reps), vertical (32.5"), and broad jump (116").

Strength and versatility could get him on a practice squad. With depth being an issue for teams like the Vikes, that could translate to roster time later in the season. He just needs to get signed by the right team to get meaningful reps.
                      According to Zimmer, Tiano has received a rookie camp invite from the Vikes.

Comment

A name some of you may remember, JT Hassell, a former SDSU LB who transferred home and finished his career at Florida Tech has signed with the Browns.

Comment

A name some of you may remember, JT Hassell, a former SDSU LB who transferred home and finished his career at Florida Tech has signed with the Browns.
                          Also Shak Taylor Went to the colts from KU former Jack's DB (when we beat them I believe)

Comment

Brady Hale invited to Chicago Bears mini camp.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good for him. I can see Christion having a comparable style of play to Wilson, and this being a good fit. I'm going to have to get over my dislike of the Seahawks.

In my biased opinion, I'm skeptical of Easton Stick making it with the Chargers, even though they picked him up in the 5th. Stick seems to be more a Tebow-esque style player. It worked great in college. Not so well in the Pros.

Comment

Working...
                              X