FearEd no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FearEd no more

Props to USD for abandoning their awful marketing scheme of using FearEd as their slogan. LMFAO at them using the most boring and overplayed slogan "We are _______". Way to come up with something original.

https://twitter.com/SDCoyotes/status...07160295247872

Re: FearEd no more

Hope they didn't pay a lot to come up with those.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Hope they didn't pay a lot to come up with those.
      You'd think all those student fees would afford them something a little more exciting
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It'll just be fun to steal it when we whup 'em in football or basketball. #WEAreSouthDakota #SuckIt

But, honestly, why do they need a campaign like this? The Jacks don't have one that I know of. Sure, certain teams might use a particular hashtag (#GetJacked, #FindAWay, #GRIT), but Athletics just sticks with #GoJacks and lets the teams do their thing on the playing field. It just seems unnecessary to have something extra like this when people can just use #goyotes and be satisfied. #RIP Ed
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Flagship University? Of Vermillion?

Comment

"The Premier research institution in the state...", except for the fact that their Research and development expenditures are much lower than SDSU's, and they're ranked about 70 spots lower than us on the NSF university research rankings. "Premier" my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I think we can give them Clay County.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I think we can give them Clay County.
                You should probably trademark "We Are Clay County"... I'm guessing that's where they'll go next after they realize that they have no chance of "being South Dakota".

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  i know you won’t take my word for it so google or research it for yourself. There’s 1 flagship university in the state of South Dakota. And it isn’t you. But rather USD

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    You'd think all those student fees would afford them something a little more exciting
                    Want to have a discussion on student fees? One school had $2.4M and the other $1.6M. You would think by your comment we had more. Nope. You have 50% more in student fees.

Comment

Yoteforever wants to play his hand at letting the all-knowing and all-powerful Google define who is considered the flagship university in South Dakota. Yes, let's let the internet tell us because it is believable. Good grief. A flagship is the leader in the flotilla - it isn't because of lofty words and marketing wizardry. Cripes, the loudest tree in the woods is usually the hollow one. Not wanting to dance the line of smack, the only thing I will say is that the leader in higher education in South Dakota for the past 50 years is the "cow college" many of the USD faithful have made fun of during the entire time. There are reasons why SDSU dominates in student recruitment (by a lot!), important research and in the hearts and minds of most South Dakotans. We matter, and it isn't because of clever slogans and hyperbole. We matter because we have made an impact in every county and community in this state. We matter because our graduates are leaders in their communities. We matter because rather than grandstanding superiority we have gone out and made a difference. That's why we are what we are.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        i know you won’t take my word for it so google or research it for yourself. There’s 1 flagship university in the state of South Dakota. And it isn’t you. But rather USD
                        Flagship definitions:

1. the ship that carries the commander of a fleet or subdivision of a fleet and flies the commander's flag

2. the finest, largest, or most important one of a group of things

Hmm... Sure sounds like SDSU would make the most sense as the flagship university of SD. Age is about the only sense that USD would be the "flagship university of SD". In every other sense that wouldn't be true.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Flagship definitions:

1. the ship that carries the commander of a fleet or subdivision of a fleet and flies the commander's flag

2. the finest, largest, or most important one of a group of things

Hmm... Sure sounds like SDSU would make the most sense as the flagship university of SD. Age is about the only sense that USD would be the "flagship university of SD". In every other sense that wouldn't be true.
                          Having a law school, med school, ed school, and business school doesn't factor in at all?

Comment

This has been covered here already try and keep up.

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            The student fees discrepancy is a product of SDSU enrolling approximately 10,500 Full time equivalent students, while USD enrolls about 6,700 FTE students. Not only about are there about 2000 more total students at SDSU, a larger share of our students are full time equivalent, meaning that they are taking at least 15 credits in a semester, therefore paying more in fees.

After looking at both schools website, USD general activity fee is 53.75 per credit. At SDSU, it's 43.75 per credit. I can't see exactly how each fee is broken down into what is going to athletics vs other services on campus, but Usd students are paying more per credit hour in fees than SDSU students, and I'd be surprised if the rate going to athletics isn't higher as well.

The Argus fee article misrepresents the per capita impact on each student. We have the larger university, and it would make sense that our fee total is higher.
                            Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            Further explanation, USD has 6100 degree seeking (probably at normal credit load) undergraduates as of fall 2017. Sdsu has 9700 degree seeking undergraduates as of fall 2017. 3600 more full time students paying fees will have a large impact on our total number.

Dividing it out, each degree seeking undergrad at USD student is paying 262 dollars in fees to athletics over a given year. Each degree seeking undergrad at SDSU is paying 247 dollars in athletic fees per year. This calculation doesn't include graduate students, who normally are taking 3-9 credits per semester and contribute far less to the budget than undergrads who are taking twice the class load. This also doesn't include non-degree seeking students, but it does include online/off campus/part time degree seeking students, of which neither SDSU or USD have a large population.
                            #MATH #FAKENEWS #SucksToBeU

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                              Yoteforever wants to play his hand at letting the all-knowing and all-powerful Google define who is considered the flagship university in South Dakota. Yes, let's let the internet tell us because it is believable. Good grief. A flagship is the leader in the flotilla - it isn't because of lofty words and marketing wizardry. Cripes, the loudest tree in the woods is usually the hollow one. Not wanting to dance the line of smack, the only thing I will say is that the leader in higher education in South Dakota for the past 50 years is the "cow college" many of the USD faithful have made fun of during the entire time. There are reasons why SDSU dominates in student recruitment (by a lot!), important research and in the hearts and minds of most South Dakotans. We matter, and it isn't because of clever slogans and hyperbole. We matter because we have made an impact in every county and community in this state. We matter because our graduates are leaders in their communities. We matter because rather than grandstanding superiority we have gone out and made a difference. That's why we are what we are.

Relax. Just having fun. Who cares

Comment

Working...
                              X