Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ight-ends.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

Great Stuff!! Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
      Great Stuff!! Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is greatly appreciated
      Yes great stuff. I would not want to fund the grocery bill for these guys. The one who strikes my curiosity is Tucker Kraft from Timber Lake. A huge guy for 9 man football.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 08-05-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

Absolutely loaded group. I almost forgot about Kunz, but he looked really good last year and was the 3rd leading receiver. I expect big things out of him this year. I'm excited to hear about Heins making some noise. His senior highlight video is legit. I'm expecting Kunz and Heins to wreak havoc this year. Going to be tough to get both of them enough looks. However, assuming we're going to lean on the run game more this year, it sets up really well to have 2 TE in the game often, and look for them in play action situations, which will be tough to other teams to defend considering how much they'll have to respect the run. I'm with WestSide in thinking this group will get utilized more than people think. They're definitely an X factor right now with how much teams will be paying attention to the run game and Cade/Anderson.

Assuming Kraft redshirts this year, but with Kunz a sophomore and Heins a freshman... this group is unreal.

Comment

Any chance for a "5 tight end" play or two?

Comment

Great Job, as usual WestSide!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Any chance for a "5 tight end" play or two?
              Maybe not 5 but...

I know this was tongue and cheek but Eck did some cool stuff while at Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Absolutely loaded group. I almost forgot about Kunz, but he looked really good last year and was the 3rd leading receiver. I expect big things out of him this year. I'm excited to hear about Heins making some noise. His senior highlight video is legit. I'm expecting Kunz and Heins to wreak havoc this year. Going to be tough to get both of them enough looks. However, assuming we're going to lean on the run game more this year, it sets up really well to have 2 TE in the game often, and look for them in play action situations, which will be tough to other teams to defend considering how much they'll have to respect the run. I'm with WestSide in thinking this group will get utilized more than people think. They're definitely an X factor right now with how much teams will be paying attention to the run game and Cade/Anderson.

Assuming Kraft redshirts this year, but with Kunz a sophomore and Heins a freshman... this group is unreal.
                I like an offense that keeps pressure on the defense all the time, eventually, we get a big play, run or pass.We have lots of weapons, like that a lot.

Comment

Highlighting the running backs today. This group is loaded. Pierre is going to get his share of carries but CJ and Mikey will also get 5-10 carries per game. One thing to note, when Eck was the offensive coordinator at Mankato he ran the ball 46.6 times per game, or 699 times in a 15 game season. 5 guys on that squad had more than 80 attempts on the season. Granted, the Mankato defense was super stout and the offense spent much of the game running out the clock. However, I think this is certainly going to be a ground based offense in 2019.

Blakley is receiving rave reviews and it will be hard to keep him off the field. We'll see. I feel bad for Mulholland as 10 years ago he would have been a featured player and now he can't get in the lineup. I'm sort of expecting Mikey to return to the role that he had his sophomore season. Sellers is going to get carries this year, how many depends on how effective he is. We only saw a glimpse of what CJ can do so I'm excited for him to be healthy. I'm also excited to get a full year of Pierre.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-backs.html

Comment

Highlighting the running backs today. This group is loaded. Pierre is going to get his share of carries but CJ and Mikey will also get 5-10 carries per game. One thing to note, when Eck was the offensive coordinator at Mankato he ran the ball 46.6 times per game, or 699 times in a 15 game season. 5 guys on that squad had more than 80 attempts on the season. Granted, the Mankato defense was super stout and the offense spent much of the game running out the clock. However, I think this is certainly going to be a ground based offense in 2019.

Blakley is receiving rave reviews and it will be hard to keep him off the field. We'll see. I feel bad for Mulholland as 10 years ago he would have been a featured player and now he can't get in the lineup. I'm sort of expecting Mikey to return to the role that he had his sophomore season. Sellers is going to get carries this year, how many depends on how effective he is. We only saw a glimpse of what CJ can do so I'm excited for him to be healthy. I'm also excited to get a full year of Pierre.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-backs.html
                    I can't wait to see Pierre again this year, as I'm guessing he'll take another step forward, which is scary to think about how good he can be. Mikey will provide a nice change of pace again, and I'm looking forward to see what CJ can do. Hopefully he stays healthy this year, I would like to see him get a lot of passes out of the backfield getting him into open space. I'm really excited about Blakely, but I do hope he uses the 4 game rule as you mentioned in your article. We are just so stacked at the position already, I would hate to waste a year of his eligibility, unless there's a major injury (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      I can't wait to see Pierre again this year, as I'm guessing he'll take another step forward, which is scary to think about how good he can be. Mikey will provide a nice change of pace again, and I'm looking forward to see what CJ can do. Hopefully he stays healthy this year, I would like to see him get a lot of passes out of the backfield getting him into open space. I'm really excited about Blakely, but I do hope he uses the 4 game rule as you mentioned in your article. We are just so stacked at the position already, I would hate to waste a year of his eligibility, unless there's a major injury (knock on wood).

Swing Passes though, right?

Comment

I feel bad for Blair Mulholland, he would be a feature starting back for at least half the conference and get tons of yards IMHO for any other team out of the top 10. Just stinks there aren't enough carries for everyone. PSJ, CJW, Mikey, they will get the bulk share for good reason. Same issue with the tight ends. Cavanaugh, Heins and Kunz all probably deserve plenty of catches but only so many plays will go there direction. Cade will get his at WR and other WRs will get some tosses, but this has to be the deepest we have ever been at RB and TE.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          4char
                          https://media.giphy.com/media/1rNWZu...434T/giphy.gif

Comment

Yes... preferably the ones where the swing pass is the only option on the play, the QB completely telegraphs it, and the RB is basically running away from the LOS, that way the LB or CB can get a good jump on it and the RB won't have any momentum to be able to shake him... basically makes things as difficult as possible for the RB to turn it into a positive play.

Comment

I don't know, with the speed of our RBs, they may turn into wheel routes
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X