This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Daeton Mcgaughy is the 3rd commit for 2020. https://twitter.com/DaetonMcgaughy/s...01222065561601

Had an offer from UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
      Daeton Mcgaughy is the 3rd commit for 2020. https://twitter.com/DaetonMcgaughy/s...01222065561601

Had an offer from UNI.
      Nice athletic kid and I like the commitment. It seems like we are recruiting MO more than we have in the past. I don't keep with recruiting enough to confirm that. I think there is a lot of untapped talent in the StL area. I have a few family members that live in the area and say the athletes are choosing football more than they were 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
        Nice athletic kid and I like the commitment. It seems like we are recruiting MO more than we have in the past. I don't keep with recruiting enough to confirm that. I think there is a lot of untapped talent in the StL area. I have a few family members that live in the area and say the athletes are choosing football more than they were 15 years ago.
        Yes. Jackson and Lujon are working MO. We had made progress in MO with former running back coach, John Johnson but is an now an emphasis. We had a handful of guys from Lee’s Summit/Kansas City area 7-8 years ago Aaron Rollin being the most successful.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Yes. Jackson and Lujon are working MO. We had made progress in MO with former running back coach, John Johnson but is an now an emphasis. We had a handful of guys from Lee’s Summit/Kansas City area 7-8 years ago Aaron Rollin being the most successful.
          Is Mcgaughy strictly a QB, or is he a QB/DB type.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Is Mcgaughy strictly a QB, or is he a QB/DB type.
            Recruited as a safety.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Wasn't Winston Wright a Lee's Summit kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                Wasn't Winston Wright a Lee's Summit kid?
                Yes and his brother Dominic

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackedforlife;346733]Wasn't Winston Wright a Lee's Summit kid?[/QUOTE

I completely forgot that's where the Wright brothers were from! I wonder who the coaching connection was then when we recruited it pretty hard.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

[QUOTE=WestSideRabbit;346738]
                    Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Wasn't Winston Wright a Lee's Summit kid?[/QUOTE

I completely forgot that's where the Wright brothers were from! I wonder who the coaching connection was then when we recruited it pretty hard.
                    Dont forget Doug Peete from Olathe.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Recruiting List

The kicker who broke his ankle on a kick off? Wasnt he Lee summit area ? Drawing a blank on his name right now.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        The kicker who broke his ankle on a kick off? Wasnt he Lee summit area ? Drawing a blank on his name right now.
                        I'll go half-way with you on this one, goon: the name of the kicker who broke his ankle on a kickoff was Kyle Harris. Now you look up where he was from.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I'll go half-way with you on this one, goon: the name of the kicker who broke his ankle on a kickoff was Kyle Harris. Now you look up where he was from.
                          I thought he was a St' Louis kid?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Doing a google on Kyle Harris, you run into the actor Kyle Harris and get all kinds of stuff. Finally I redefined my google by adding South Dakota State Football, and his 2010 profile comes up. He is like SLOSHO indicated a St. Louis kid. He is from Florissant, Mo. A St Louis suburb. Boy he played long time ago, and I have no recall of breaking a leg on a kickoff. Goon has a better recall than me, but then he is much younger.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=436

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Doing a google on Kyle Harris, you run into the actor Kyle Harris and get all kinds of stuff. Finally I redefined my google by adding South Dakota State Football, and his 2010 profile comes up. He is like SLOSHO indicated a St. Louis kid. He is from Florissant, Mo. A St Louis suburb. Boy he played long time ago, and I have no recall of breaking a leg on a kickoff. Goon has a better recall than me, but then he is much younger.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=436
                              Maybe last game of the year or close too it. When he planted his foot his ankle snapped. And knocked the ball off the tee. He actually got called for penalty since the ball didnt go 10 yards. But it shouldn't have been. Penalty since his injury technically occurred before the play started. So it should have been a rekick if I understand correctly. Senior year maybe?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Matt Barnett verbal today

https://twitter.com/Matt_Barnett_24/...67912008433664

Comment

Working...
                                X