2019 QB starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 QB starter

If we start Nelson over Gibbs, we all riot.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Gibbs certainly looks like the obvious choice by physical appearance and highlight tapes. I would be disappointed to find out otherwise.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I arrived very early for the USD game and found it very interesting to watch all the QBs throw in the cold. Noticeable difference to me between Gibbs arm/ball as opposed to the other backups especially throwing from middle of field to the sideline.

Comment

Little surprised we didn’t see Gibbs in any game action this year (see: UAPB game) to get his feet wet. I’ve heard good things about Connors too but if Gibbs isn’t the starter at Minnesota I will be surprised.

Also, let’s hope we don’t have a repeat of 4 seasons ago when TC and Lujan were the QBs and nobody knew who would be in there any given week.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Little surprised we didn’t see Gibbs in any game action this year (see: UAPB game) to get his feet wet. I’ve heard good things about Connors too but if Gibbs isn’t the starter at Minnesota I will be surprised.

Also, let’s hope we don’t have a repeat of 4 seasons ago when TC and Lujan were the QBs and nobody knew who would be in there any given week.
          In fairness, that dual qb system didn't really hurt us that year. We needed both Lujan and TC as it turned out. And it was a luxury to have 2 very capable QBs.

Not advocating for a dual qb system, but it wasn't disastrous for us like it has been for some teams

Comment

I'm wondering the possibility of bringing in a juco or D-1 transfer for a year. Not really been our style but we will have a really good team coming back.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. I’d be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then let’s go!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I would hope not

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. I’d be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then let’s go!
                  Could be a real whirlwind when the Yotes and Jacks next play in Brookings
                  USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Yes, let the best man win the job. If Gibbs isn't ready, give him the time he needs.

I'm impressed with how many freshmen and underclassmen contributed to this years team especially on the defensive line. Not an easy position to do. This roster is getting deeper and at some point these underclass men will be providing relief to the juniors and seniors starting in front of them. That is where NDSU is today and it's hard to compete with that as a freshman that is going up against fresh legs in the second half of a game.

Comment

I think the emergence of our running game this season takes a little pressure off of next year's starting QB. They need to make good decisions and distribute the ball well, but we can win a lot of games next year relying on running the ball. Especially if that starting QB has some wheels too.

Outside of Drake and UM, what's our non conference schedule look like next season? Starting your career and QB on the road in a Big 10 stadium isn't ideal, but it's the gophers, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        Gibbs certainly looks like the obvious choice by physical appearance and highlight tapes. I would be disappointed to find out otherwise.
                        There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          I think the emergence of our running game this season takes a little pressure off of next year's starting QB. They need to make good decisions and distribute the ball well, but we can win a lot of games next year relying on running the ball. Especially if that starting QB has some wheels too.

Outside of Drake and UM, what's our non conference schedule look like next season? Starting your career and QB on the road in a Big 10 stadium isn't ideal, but it's the gophers, so maybe it doesn't matter.
                          Sell said on a pregame show a few weeks ago that Southern Utah was coming in and another school would also be coming to Brookings but didn’t say which one as they were still finalizing details.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well.
                            Everything I’ve heard about Gibbs is that he has a long ways to go. Hopefully Gibbs and Nelson can have big springs to get ready for next fall.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

2019 qb will be a big key. Will Gibbs be ready mentally next year? It seemed odd he got no game reps this year with the new redshirt rule. I don’t see next years team “loaded” on defense. The secondary will struggle with or without defensive line pressure next year and besides #9 and #27 they didn’t have a great year in the secondary. Losing two LBs #53 and #31 will need replacement as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X