Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blake Treinen

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    The Jeopardy "answer" was "The Nationals' Blake Treinen has hit 100mph with this pitch that gets its name from its downward motion."
    What is a sinker ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Blake was traded to the A's today

Nats have acquired RHP Ryan Madson and LHP Sean Doolittle from A's in exchange for Blake Treinen and prospects Jesus Luzardo & Sheldon Neuse

Comment

Aaagh - I now have a good reason to watch the Oakland A's more so again. Since I've lived in California for over 30 years and my son's back in the day we're fans of Rickey Henderson and Mark McGwire...well, those days are past. The Giants and the A's are basically right at the cellar but this gives me good reason to watch

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
          Aaagh - I now have a good reason to watch the Oakland A's more so again. Since I've lived in California for over 30 years and my son's back in the day we're fans of Rickey Henderson and Mark McGwire...well, those days are past. The Giants and the A's are basically right at the cellar but this gives me good reason to watch
          Man I use to love the As growing up. Those late 80s teams were legit. roided, but really good and fun to watch. As kid that's how McGwire became my favorite player. Eck pitching, Henderson running, the bash brothers etc.

Hopefully Blake gets some chances to get into the starting rotation. Maybe I am crazy but I feel he fits better and his pitches work better as a starter then late inning RP.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Agree, I loved the bash bros. in the late 80's. I read today Blake might get a shot at the closer role with Santiago Casilla struggling.

Comment

Blake picked up the save for the A's last night.

Comment

My son sent me the link to a great story on Blake Treinen in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  My son sent me the link to a great story on Blake Treinen in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/
                  This is a very interesting story. I am happy for Blake and his work ethic has opened many doors.

Comment

Treinen is off to a nice start this season with 9 saves in 11 oppurtunities. His ERA is 1.30 or so. Some of his pitches are pure filthy.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Treinen is off to a nice start this season with 9 saves in 11 oppurtunities. His ERA is 1.30 or so. Some of his pitches are pure filthy.
                      I’ve seen a couple, he’s a nightmare for hitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Just saw on Twitter - Blake is AL reliever of the month - 0.59 ERA, 19 K and 10 saves! Pretty awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Here's one of those, his 98 mph sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Here's one of those, his 98 mph sinker.
                            That's video game stuff right there. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Just saw on Twitter - Blake is AL reliever of the month - 0.59 ERA, 19 K and 10 saves! Pretty awesome!
                              Thanks for posting. You won't see this on gojacks.com.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                                Thanks for posting. You won't see this on gojacks.com.....
                                He mowed down the Royals yesterday in the 9th inning, hit 100 mph at least once that I remember. Got a good mention from the Royals TV people for SDSU in the process.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X