Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    The #1 seed pretty much locked up? Am I missing something? That's pretty far from the case at this point in time is it not?
    Right, but I think we can all feel pretty good its going to be a USD and SDSU day on Saturday. just which team plays at which time will be a question mark. It sure would be nice to play first both sessions, get early and better parking etc.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      The #1 seed pretty much locked up? Am I missing something? That's pretty far from the case at this point in time is it not?
      This is true, it is far from locked up. That being said, there is zero difference between the #1 and #2 seed. All a conference regular season championship does is guarantee you a NIT bid if you lose in the tournament.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Video for tonight’s ORU/USD game. Hopefully ORU at least keeps it interesting.

http://www.oruathletics.com/broadcast/mkfofp

FW (MBB) is hammering WIU 45-31 at halftime. I think we can lock WIU in at #8 now and FW is getting closer to #3. Denver gets Omaha at home tonight, giving them a chance to increase their odds of finishing 3/4.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          This is true, it is far from locked up. That being said, there is zero difference between the #1 and #2 seed. All a conference regular season championship does is guarantee you a NIT bid if you lose in the tournament.
          Isn't that valuable? The time we were in the NIT was sure fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Video for tonight’s ORU/USD game. Hopefully ORU at least keeps it interesting.

http://www.oruathletics.com/broadcast/mkfofp

FW (MBB) is hammering WIU 45-31 at halftime. I think we can lock WIU in at #8 now and FW is getting closer to #3. Denver gets Omaha at home tonight, giving them a chance to increase their odds of finishing 3/4.
            Feed working good? Mine keeps locking up on me.

Comment

I apologize for posting a link to that ORU game. Worst video feed ever! ORU has been ahead most of the half though.

I agree that the NIT is a nice consolation prize to have in your pocket. Not to mention that the #1 Summit team is probably more likely to get a #12 seed in the NCAA than the #2 Summit team (should they win the SLT). Win two games at Frost and it is done.

Comment

Golden Eagles flying 41-33 at the half. Mooney drilled a long 3 pt shot before half.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  I apologize for posting a link to that ORU game. Worst video feed ever! ORU has been ahead most of the half though.

I agree that the NIT is a nice consolation prize to have in your pocket. Not to mention that the #1 Summit team is probably more likely to get a #12 seed in the NCAA than the #2 Summit team (should they win the SLT). Win two games at Frost and it is done.
                  No worries I just figgerd is was my total lack of computer savvy.

Comment

I'd say there's a big difference between No. 1 and No. 2 seed on the man's side. The 1 seed will play No. 8 Western Illinois, the weakest team in the conference. The No. 2 seed will play a better team, one currently in the 3-7 cluster. On a good night, Fort Wayne, NDSU, ORU, Omaha or Denver is capable of pulling off an upset. On the women's side, it probably doesn't make a big difference, other than for bragging rights.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Denver men take care of the Mavs 94-78. Denver and Mastodons are tied for 3rd at 6-6. Omaha is tied at 5th with NDSU at 4-7.

Denver plays ORU at home and WIU at Macomb to finish.

Mastodons play at Fargo and at home against the Jackrabbits.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Denver men take care of the Mavs 94-78. Denver and Mastodons are tied for 3rd at 6-6. Omaha is tied at 5th with NDSU at 4-7.

Denver plays ORU at home and WIU at Macomb to finish.

Mastodons play at Fargo and at home against the Jackrabbits.
                        I believe Denver in third would give the Jacks the tiebreaker if we beat USD in a week and end up tied.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I believe Denver in third would give the Jacks the tiebreaker if we beat USD in a week and end up tied.
                          I think you’re right but the only way that would happen is if we also lose to both WIU and at FW.

Denver has a pretty easy finish (ORU at home and WIU away) and should finish 8-6. FW would have to win at Fargo and home against us to get 8 wins. Much tougher.

If the Jacks win these next two at Frost that last game at FW only affects NCAA/NIT seeding. That would be a nice way to finish.

Comment

I watched some of the USD ORU game. ORU had a good first half but folded in the second half. ORU could be our first round opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I'd say there's a big difference between No. 1 and No. 2 seed on the man's side. The 1 seed will play No. 8 Western Illinois, the weakest team in the conference. The No. 2 seed will play a better team, one currently in the 3-7 cluster. On a good night, Fort Wayne, NDSU, ORU, Omaha or Denver is capable of pulling off an upset. On the women's side, it probably doesn't make a big difference, other than for bragging rights.
                              If SDSU loses in the SLT it won't be because they were a 2-seed. Those teams in the 3-7 area are definitively worse than SDSU and USD. The only way that we don't have a rivalry Championship Tuesday is if the SDSU and USD teams decide to come out an lay an egg. The men's and women's teams are heads and shoulders better than the rest of their leagues. Pairing that with the home court advantage in Sioux Falls is why I maintain there is no difference between the #1 and #2 seeds.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think any of the Dakota 4 who don't win Summit League tournament are in NIT regardless if they win regular season title. In case of women maybe two in NCAA

Comment

Working...
                                X