This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Looks like according to early morning tweet from Eck, we got another commit from Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Looks like according to early morning tweet from Eck, we got another commit from Wisconsin.
      Blake Kunz is our new commit. 6'5" 240 lbs Tight End out of Germantown, WI.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9512322/blake-kunz
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Those highlights are pretty damn impressive. Looks like he has a Britton Bomber like skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Only played one year of HS ball. Raw as can be but off the charts talent.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            Those highlights are pretty damn impressive. Looks like he has a Britton Bomber like skill set.
            Agreed. His speed and ability to get yards after the catch really stood out. His hudl page says he runs a 4.71 40, which if true, is pretty impressive for a high school TE. I found his stats online and Kunz had 30 receptions for 652 yards (21.7 yds/rec) for 9 TDs. You also gotta love when recruits include blocking in their highlights.

Comment

We should be in good shape at TE for a long time. I think Skyler Cavanaugh is going to be a stud as a receiving TE.

Comment

This could impact our current recruiting class and more so the future recruiting classes:

Scott Frost on his message to potential walk-ons
                “That’s one of the things I talked to Bill and Coach Osborne about. When we were here we had a lot of players, and a lot of players were working hard at practice and nobody was sitting on a knee. We had a lot of kids from Gothenburg and from Minden and from Scottsbluff and from Wood River and from Columbus, could go on and on. But this place needs that. I’m looking forward to trying to build the walk-on program and make it what it was before. When you have a bunch of kids from the state of Nebraska that are in this program, those are the type of players that would bleed for this place and are going to work hard to make this work. Guys that are really pulling for Nebraska. When I was growing up, every kid in the state of Nebraska dreamed about running out here on this stadium, on this field wearing a red ‘N’ on their helmet. There’s too many kids from this state right now playing at other schools and we are going to do everything we can to make sure that those kids are here.”

Source:
                http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211688296

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  This could impact our current recruiting class and more so the future recruiting classes:

Source:
                  [/B]http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211688296
                  Yeah, likely we will lose a few guys to this, BUT if we are offering a full ride and Nebraska wants you to walk on, nostalgia aside, we will be OK. Also, kids want to play, if they are buried on the depth chart, I see a lot of transfers happening. This isn't 1985 anymore Scott.

Comment

Source:
                    [/B]http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211688296
                    I think your right, but now there are area "D1" schools which offer opportunities that weren't there before (full ride COA Etc).
                    Neb will never have the walk-on program that they had in the past, there's too many good area programs where you can actually play

Comment

Agreed - I think the world has opened its eyes a little more to other opportunities out there. It will impact us but I don't see their walk-on program reaching the heights it used to.

Comment

Agreed - I think the world has opened its eyes a little more to other opportunities out there. It will impact us but I don't see their walk-on program reaching the heights it used to.
                        If all walk-on's were eliminated it would sure spread out the talent and even the playing field.

Comment

Are we in danger of losing either of our two Nebraska recruits to the new Scott Frost led Huskers?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Are we in danger of losing either of our two Nebraska recruits to the new Scott Frost led Huskers?
                            I think the LB from Gretna has a walk on offer, but that was under the previous regime. Hope we hold onto him.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              I think the LB from Gretna has a walk on offer, but that was under the previous regime. Hope we hold onto him.
                              NVM....bad info on previous post of mine.

Comment

PWO offer out to Cannon York. 6'4 235lb TE/DE out of Lebanon, Missouri. He also has PWO offers from Missouri and Indiana State as well as multiple D2 offers. Looks like he's been in Brookings several times over the last year according to his Twitter.

Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/5390253/cannon-york

Comment

Working...
                                X